Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Green bars/graphics glitch whenever tilesets are used?  (Read 2323 times)

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Green bars/graphics glitch whenever tilesets are used?
« on: December 06, 2020, 06:39:04 pm »

Got no idea if this is a bug or issue other people have had, but having recently been forced to migrate all my Dwarf Fortress games to a new device (all of which worked on the previous) I have found that any attempt to play it ends up with noticible green lines across the screen in all modes that will typically repeatedly flash, like in the image below.

https://imgur.com/uPd8lHe

So far the issue has been present for all tested graphics, I have tried various DF versions and modpacks and so far the only option that works normally is base DF. Different tilesets seem to affect the shade of green if that helps anyone help work out what this issue is. Both devices used windows 10 and apart from that no other settings are really different from my old set up.

Got no idea if this has been reported before but I could not find anything like it, any solutions or advice would be much appreciated, I miss my Fortress mode!

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Green bars/graphics glitch whenever tilesets are used?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 09:06:17 pm »

It's your graphics driver, probably a new INTEL Graphics 600 series chip, not a Dwarf Fortress issue at all.

They'll probably fix it, since it affects some Adobe products like Premiere Pro as well, but try updating your Intel driver, and if that doesn't work, in the meanwhile try changing your print mode. You may have to give up TWBT for Standard for a while.

If you also have a discrete graphics card, NVidia or AMD, for example, you can use it. Normally, a graphics card won't detect DF, which even with the most complex graphics packs is lighter than, say, MS Word, but you can usually force them to always run with DF.
Team Bug Fix!

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 06:37:03 am »

Setting TWBT to 2D seemed to work, oddly standard did not. Will keep checking for new drivers but its working for now!

Thank you for the help, hopefully this problem does not affect anybody else

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 11:40:30 am »

Setting TWBT to 2D seemed to work, oddly standard did not. Will keep checking for new drivers but its working for now!

Thank you for the help, hopefully this problem does not affect anybody else

TWBT has always been a train wreck for me.  I don't even try anymore, and have just gotten used to floor and lever graphics in the middle of character names.