Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Revenant  (Read 31656 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Revenant
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2022, 02:02:04 am »

The coin hits Moldbin and... sticks there, weightless.
"Interesting. And what is it that you would desire from us, Moldbin?"
The thing begins to grin at that last word.
"Ah, forgive me. I find your name to be quite evocative, in a pleasant way."

Shalva curls up defensively. It may not have been a mistake, but the... whatever, at the edge of her perception dissipates.
She looks over the stream, over the woods, but sees nothing out of the ordinary.
[Observation: 10]
Henric silently watches her, and then looks over the surroundings. He feels the need to find a certain pattern, fluttering on the leaves. He counts them, draws lines in his mind. Then he realizes, looking at the actual terrain-
...There's a trail. Or perhaps not quite a trail. It's hard to tell. But it leads somewhere.

Spoiler: Henric, Wraithmaker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Moldbin, Incarnation (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revenant
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2022, 02:24:45 am »

"Knowlege for Knowlege, Power for Power.  For Knowledge, I'd like either knowledge of what I am now and what my capabilities are..  or...

..if none of your court has that knowledge, I would settle for knowledge of this new force called Magic."

"As for what kind of Power, well.. a bit of the power of Nature or life seems appropriate, considering our surroundings."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Revenant
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2022, 02:35:59 am »

"What you are... huh? Well, I'd be delighted to see for myself. What do you say we play for both?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2022, 02:53:52 pm »

"Many who use me, know it not.  Many who see me, know it not.  Many who hear me, know it not.  Yet one who knows nothing, also does not know me."

"Sometimes I am heavy.  Sometimes I am light.  Sometimes I am dense.  Sometimes I am spare.  I am not always quick, but I am never slow."

"Sometimes I educate.  Often, I obfuscate.  Sometimes I hide things.  Sometimes I make things clear."

"What am I?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2022, 06:43:13 pm »

"You are the truth?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2022, 06:47:25 pm »

"I'm afraid not.  The truth is quite often slow."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2022, 10:49:41 am »

Necras keeps pushing forwards to the sentient undead.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2022, 03:31:10 am »

Can Henric be auto'd to tell Shalva about the path he sees?  If so, Shalva will wheel him down it, keeping an eye out for danger, and chatting with him about what he sees.  Trying to figure out where the path leads.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2022, 07:24:15 pm »

((Apologies, forgot about this and then assumed I was caught up.))

Can Henric be auto'd to tell Shalva about the path he sees?  If so, Shalva will wheel him down it, keeping an eye out for danger, and chatting with him about what he sees.  Trying to figure out where the path leads.
Henric points out the path to Shalva, and accompanies her down it in the wheelbarrow. Why not? There may be adventures afoot.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Revenant
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2022, 03:15:17 am »

It matters not how fast or slow, only that the journey continues.

"I'm afraid not.  The truth is quite often slow."
"I see. Then I am afraid that I have lost." The apparition bows gracefully. "As we agreed, now we find out what you are, Moldbin!"

The blossom of fae energy emerging from that deer gestures at you, and you feel yourself being drawn from your borrowed body. Not fully; like the thing inside of the deer, you are exposed just enough to spy your true nature, uh-hidden by flesh, a storm of black pillars.

"Arosh? Is that..."
"AHAHAHA! My friends, a new age is upon us!"
The apparent human at the head of the hall bursts out laughing and makes her grand proclamation with bliss.

The thing which made its deal with you glares at her and looks as if it has something to say, but instead speaks to you.
"Wraith. A type of Spirit formed from Arosh, making it both Spirit and Undead. They form under... unusual circumstances. I believe that our queen has something to-"

She waves her hand and that spirit returns to being a deer. All of the animals in the court part to leave a path between you.
"Unusual? I'll say. You're no minion of that fool of a man. And I know precisely what that means~ Your kind awaken from your slavery! A new wave of darkness shall swallow the world, and the apes will fear what they don't see all the more! Anarchy for Arosh, freedom for the wilds! Just like the good old days, I say!"

Necras keeps pushing forwards to the sentient undead.
You keep following your sense of Arosh, leading you in the same direction as the flaming zombies. They don't seem to particularly react to you, but you keep some distance all the same.

After some time picking your way through the woods in the shadows, you come across just what you sensed before. A figure, the size of a human child, floating a meter off the ground and immersed in raging flames. The flames make it difficult to tell more than that...

The flaming kid and a gaggle of fire undead seem to be gathering by a large wall in the side of a ruined palace sunk in the woods. From inside that building you can hear the 18pt text higher up in this update!

Shalva and Henric follow a subtle and hidden path through the wood. For a while Henric has to direct her, but eventually Shalva starts to take turns at trees all on her own. For what reason, it's not clear.

Then all of a sudden they find themselves at a great archway to a ruined palace. Stone bricks overtaken by nature, rocks which once formed the roof not littering the floor.

Shalva also hears the rant, just as Henric absentmindedly lets a leaf fall into his hand. He stares at the pattern inscribed on it.
"Be careful. But Seek Glory."

Fiona also happens to be here, having followed her own destiny, if and only if Naturegirl sees this.

Spoiler: Henric, Wraithmaker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Moldbin, Incarnation (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2022, 03:58:34 am »

"I think... another revenant found someone." Shalva murmurs, wringing all four of her hands.  "...They might need help?  Or... if they're bad, I guess you could eat them, Henric, to fix yourself..."

Head towards the ranting!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2022, 08:46:24 am »

(Would you be interested in a new player? I submitted somebody before but it didn’t get chosen. I could make a new one if you want?)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2022, 02:31:37 pm »

Nekras remains hidden, and shaping Arosh into a humanlike form, sends a doppelganger through the wall to observe the happenings more closely.  if a fight breaks out, ascertain which ones would be most likely to harm me, and use the doppelganger as a focus point to shoot blasts of energy at the aforementioned ones. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2022, 04:54:50 pm »

(Would you be interested in a new player? I submitted somebody before but it didn’t get chosen. I could make a new one if you want?)
You can make a character if you'd like. Logan remains in the not-in category.

Nekras remains hidden, and shaping Arosh into a humanlike form, sends a doppelganger through the wall to observe the happenings more closely.  if a fight breaks out, ascertain which ones would be most likely to harm me, and use the doppelganger as a focus point to shoot blasts of energy at the aforementioned ones. 
Not telling you what to do, but as a necromancer Necras knows that undead minions, like any allies, have some will of their own and must be coerced into service through means of rudimentary diplomacy and such. Zombies are quite easy to Influence, but a Doppelganger Shade is more powerful by necessity and thus more slippery.
So you may want to prepare with an idea of why the minion you're creating would want to follow your orders, else it will probably just flip you off and go do its own thing.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2022, 05:16:03 pm »

"A spirit of an undead?  So I'm the ghost of a zombie?  I suppose that makes sense... and having a name should be enough to figure out what I can do.

..but it wasn't the whole bargain.  The granting of some power over the forces of life and nature was also at stake."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 01:12:38 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18