Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Resurgence - An Amazing Cultivation Simulator Story/Community Fort/Sect  (Read 13365 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile

Hi all, so to clarify before I go into the specifics for this, this is a playthrough of the newly translated Amazing Cultivation Simulator game, in the theme of a DF Story/Communty Fort. What this means is that people can claim characters, make decisions and actions that affect the Sect, and if wanted even make their own entries as "written" by their character (which i'll attempt to reflect in the game as best I can.)

For those that don't know what this game is and to explain it for them, Amazing Cultivation Simulator is a game about Cultivating People, Items and Animals into, basically, Gods. They can get so strong that they throw galaxies and universes at each-other. It's a popular chinese mythology where if you consume Pills and Elixirs crafted with special materials, meditate and train your body you can become immortal and eventually ascend to become strong enough to create your own universes. The game itself, to explain it in simpler terms, plays similar to Rimworld in that you managed to escape from your Sect (a gathering of Cultivators that teach and train other, newer cultivators while building and maintaining an entire, almost city wide, population whilst also building their own cultivation). However those are where the similarities end, this game has so much content in it that it's ridiculous, if I tried to list it all here then this post would go on for far too long. For heaven's sake the Basic Guide has 94 pages and briefly only mentions quite a bit of other aspects of the game itself! I'd highly recommend checking out on steam or watching streams about it, as just the sheer amount of things you can do is ridiculous.

Now back onto the topic itself.

As a heads up, there's 2 major important notes for anyone looking to Claim a Character. The first is that not every character will become a cultivator. Inners (aka Cultivators of any kind) don't do manual labor, literally all they do is Cultivate. This means we need to have a standard amount of Outers for building, cooking, maintenance, and other kinds of important jobs. We can mitigate it a bit via 2 different kinds of miracles (should we find the laws for them), one that brings Vessels to life and another that brings Corpses to life, but they cannot do advanced manual labor (cooking, producing, etc), only Basic (cleaning, hauling, etc).

The second is that, yes, you can attack/fight each other, via 2 ways. The first is by building a Dojo and sending 2 inners to fight there, this is a non-lethal way of fighting but can only be done by Inners. The second is simpler but far more lethal, and that's by ordering inner or outer to attack another inner or outer in the sect. These fights are typically to the death, unless you get lucky and knock them unconscious before they get too many serious wounds or use a Hunting Bow (which cannot kill, only knock out). What this means is that if you want to attack someone, and you lose, you can't complain if your character winds up dead, especially in the case of Inners. If this goes to far I'll most likely outright outlaw the attacking of other disciples.

Moving on, I'll be using a few mods which I'll list here:
Spoiler: mods list (click to show/hide)

I won't be playing on Immortal Mode (this games version of Ironman, but with mutators to add new mechanics you have to be careful of) just in case anything happens or a major fuck up somewhere causes my computer to explode like the fourth of July or something similar. We'll also be on the default Plains map on Large size with no starting Fei or Lushu, but if we get destroyed and want to restart then we can change that later. We will have a unique Legacy enabled, which are unique landscape features with unique mechanics but can be very dangerous if not handled correctly. The one we have being the Illumitree, which spreads Spirit Soil around it over time but can block meridians and Qi if careless when around it for long periods of time, which means having someone with Panacea miracle or Spirit Powder will be required if we get unlucky and it spawns in a place where there will be lots of traffic.

I will be having the Guard period for Enemy Events set at 24 days. This means for the first 24 days we won't be getting attacked, giving us time to build and get a foundation going unless we get merked by the animals or accidentally stumble upon our maps Awakened Beast in the bottom right or left corner of our map and being careless about it (the game warns you when you're getting close to it).

The Setup
This is our first Disciple and our prospective first initial Cultivator. Alongside this you can slightly see that I took the Sword Legacy, which lets us start with the Seven Slaughtering Sword Advanced Law at the start. I figured it'd be best since we get the other 5 basic laws later on, so taking a starting basic law is redundant. You can also see I made sure that they have a slightly decent Stat match up, with high Qi Sense and Battle, which are good stats for a Seven Slaughtering Sword practitioner (Qi helps with Max Qi, which is really important for Breakthroughs and Gold Core Quality. Battle is just important in general for anyone you're considering for anything combat related, and Seven Slaughtering Sword is heavily combat focused.)

(Images will be Spoilered purely due to how big they are size wise.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our second disciple which will most likely just be a dedicated outer for a long while for the labor they can do, due to their decent all rounded stats for general production based and outer jobs, with passions in the one's they're lacking. They're also made as a good potential Cultivation Crafter, due to their passion and decent stat in Magic Crafting, meaning if we can get a Law focused on Artifact Crafting or Alchemy they'd be a great pick for it. Alongside just in general being a good fighter.

Finally our last Outer. They're bad as an outer overall, which is fine because they'd be a decent second Seven Slaughtering practictioner, or a True Sun (one of the 5 Basic Laws we unlock later) Practitioner, as that Law is for Spellcasters and she has high Magic and Battle, though the low Qi Sense means her Qi to spend on spells went be too high, we can refine it over time later if need be, or use some unique rebirth items or even just rarer manuals/laws (like Heaven Stealing, which has a skill to up Qi Sense by 2 (and an additional 5 if they practice that law itself) if we find it) and materials, including random gen manuals if we're lucky, to increase her Qi Sense overall.

Alright, for now that'll be it. Sooner or later I'll go ahead and begin the first post to get the story started. I'll be claiming the first Disciple that will also turn into our first Cultivator, Dou Daishuang, though I'll probably change their name later. I'll be making a couple empty posts after this so that i can put important information like the current sects Roster (since you can have at max 36 people in your sect at the highest Size (at 2000 rep), and any sent to Agencies don't count towards your max count since they're effectively banished aside from giving you regular resources), alongside logging each update and keeping a counter for Alive/Dead/Injured/Banished/Agencied disciples.

Feel free to claim the other 2 if you want! I'll note it down once I make the roster post!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 10:07:26 am by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resurgence - An Amazing Cultivation Simulator Story/Community Fort/Sect
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 04:11:29 pm »

Entry Logs
Main Story Logs/Entries
Chapter 1: A Lesson

Player Made Logs/Entries
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:26:04 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 04:12:09 pm »

Roster

Red = Claimed, Green = Unclaimed

--Outer Disciples--
-Muzhi Ultilang - Prospective First Cultivator
Spoiler: Muzhi Ultilang Info (click to show/hide)

-Cai Gusi - Prospective Spellcaster Cultivator
Spoiler: Cai Gusi Info (click to show/hide)

-Chang Yu - Prospective Artifact/Alchemy Crafting Cultivator
Spoiler: Chang Yu Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 12:39:33 pm by Unknown72 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 04:12:39 pm »

Current Status

Alive/Injured/Dead/Banished/Agencied

3/0/0/0/0

Muzhi Ultilang
Cai Gusi
Chang Yu
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 12:44:22 pm by Unknown72 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 04:14:55 pm »

There we go. Also we need to come up with a sect name and overall design/look for what we want our layout to look like, if any. Otherwise I'll just go ham and design my own. As a forewarning once we establish our sect and name it we can't change the name after.

Also as a heads up, for now updates are gonna be either sparse or frequent, depending on how my sickness decides to afflict me on that day as I've been sick for nearly 2 weeks now, but I'll try to update as frequently as it allows.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 06:16:36 pm »

Proposed Name: Bay12

As a child of randomness, I shall claim the first person to wander by our Sect that you want to take.  Turtlefolk or other animal/human hybrids are your call.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 08:19:43 am »

I also like the idea of naming it Bay12 but maybe we should change it slightly to go with the game somehow.

Also I'll take whichever non-human thing that shows up and joins our sect.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 11:32:04 am »

Could always do "Holy Bay 12th School" or "Heavenly Bay 12th School", prefix changeable (that's like the only thing about the name you CAN change once you establish a sect, since you choose it from a list.)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 10:02:44 am »

I like the sound of The Holy Bay 12th School.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 12:24:39 pm »

I like the sound of The Holy Bay 12th School.

I like the sound of that! I renamed my claimed character Muzhi Ultilang (aka Mu-Ulti xD). Gonna format the posts I claimed earlier, then gonna try and post an update today.

Figured out why I was "sick". Apparently trying to quit Dr Pepper cold turkey, when it's all you drank for the last 10+ years, caused you to get massive headaches to the point of nausea and an upset stomach! Ya learned something new every day! One sip of Dr Pepper and headache and nausea just disappeared near instantly.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 02:23:57 pm »

Chapter 1: A Lesson
Muzhi Ultilang's Record

Day 1 - 07:00 - Plans and Supplies

It actually happened. There were signs that the Taiyi Sect, my home, would be attacked shortly but we ignored them. We believed that no-one would think to destroy such a meager clan, our leader had only just achieved Golden Core after all, the other Sects located in the world already had many cultivators in their Primordial Spirit stage and above, with many before them ascending. It seems we were naïve however... It took only twenty minutes for whoever that attacked us to destroy us fully and utterly.

However me and a couple of other outer disciples managed to escape the carnage, working together to get far away from our now burning home. It took us many weeks but we finally managed to get as far away as we can with a few supplies still with us. For now we have enough bread and meat to last us a decent amount of time to stabilize ourselves, at least a weeks worth. However it won't last for long and with the destruction of the Taiyi I fear it's up to us three to rebuild into our own sect and luckily I managed to grab a Forming Pill as we escaped, allowing one of us to begin cultivating when we need to.

Alongside this I have what would be considered forbidden knowledge if our sect still existed. I was getting lessons from a higher ranked brother of the sect on the Seven Slaughtering Sword Law, enough for me to begin cultivating in it without issue. For now however we will build a stable setting and home for ourselves here, to honor and continue the path our sect leader had set out for us. Who knows, maybe one day we can become a major sect power in the world, but that is merely the dream of a survivor.

For now, we begin building. We're going to explore our immediate surroundings, then begin cutting down the trees around us to create some temporary housing and begin working on a well, bonfire and a station to get our basic needs satisfied, alongside a timber and stoneworks to get ourselves situated and efficient. Luckily my job as an outer was overseeing all of my fellow outers, so I have experience in building, planning, farming and other areas, albeit only basic knowledge. I imagine should we recruit or come across anyone more experienced in those areas they can offer more efficient and productive ideas and designs.

Day 1 - 07:20 - Friendly Face?

I don't know why or how, but an older friend of the Taiyi has arrived to assist us via protection for a few days. I do not know if this is fortuitous or an omen, but either way the protection from the beasts of the wild is appreciated and accepted. For the 12 days they are here to protect us we shall take advantage to do as much as we can to give ourselves stable footing, should the gods permit such.

The next part is written, but scribbled out in an effort to get rid of it
But considering those very same gods forsook our clan, I do not know if they are gods I wish to support. Mayhaps in the future, as our own cultivators become god-beings themselves, we will give the gods the worth they demand...

Day 6 - 11:00 - Basic Housing and Amenities

It took us 6 days, but with all 3 of us working together on it we managed to get some basic housing done, alongside basic crafting amenities and 3 sets of Mining, Farming and Chopping tools. I suppose our next goal would be to acquire a food supply using fields and a kitchen, alongside a dining area for us to eat our meals. We have just 6 days before the "friendly" cultivator, of whom I still don't trust (after all, if they were trustworthy, why weren't they there on the day of the attack?) leaves us to continue on their way. Once that happens our only protection will be our fellow brothers and sisters and whatever tools we have at the time until I begin cultivating. I want to assist us more in building and creating a supply of food and resources before I commit to that however, so that I'm not leaving a void for when anything needs to be made in emergency in some way or kind.

It's with a heavy heart that I say we have yet to have other survivors stumble across us, which while is perfectly understandable considering we're in the middle of a random forest but it still weighs heavy on my heart. I pray to any being listening that my fellow brothers and sisters manage to survive and escape any omens after them, even if the gods and I have a questionable connection for the moment.

For now, back to planning a few fields for planting and securing a food source. I may request our cultivator "friend" attack some nearby bulls and tigers, both to get rid of some immediate threats and to help give us a small supply of meats and furs we can turn into dried meats that will last us roughly half a year, enough time to get our fields into a harvestable level and have a decent basis constructed, maybe even have a few more disciple brothers and sisters then we do now!

All we can do for now however is hope while we secure a place to stay and begin cultivating... If only it were ever that easy...

Spoiler: Housing and Workshops (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 06:29:07 pm by Unknown72 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 10:39:03 pm »

Heh, I feel like answering some of your young Outer's questions with my personal theory, unsubstantiated by anything.

"the "friendly" cultivator, of whom I still don't trust (after all, if they were trustworthy, why weren't they there on the day of the attack?)"
Just look at the guy, he wasn't there because he's a weakling.  He wouldn't have helped either way.

"I pray to any being listening that my fellow brothers and sisters manage to survive and escape any omens after them, even if the gods and I have a questionable connection for the moment."
A waste of time.  We're cultivators.  We don't ask the heavens for favors, we take from the heavens what we need to survive.

Also
Please buy fireworks, when you get the chance!

Fullsend247

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 02:47:57 pm »

I will take the first person you recruit from city of abundance into the sect.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2020, 03:37:08 am »

What do we need fireworks for, they do something special?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2020, 05:24:31 am »

What do we need fireworks for, they do something special?
Pages: [1] 2