Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Resurgence - An Amazing Cultivation Simulator Story/Community Fort/Sect  (Read 13456 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Resurgence - An Amazing Cultivation Simulator Story/Community Fort/Sect
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 09:20:07 am »

Heh, I feel like answering some of your young Outer's questions with my personal theory, unsubstantiated by anything.

"the "friendly" cultivator, of whom I still don't trust (after all, if they were trustworthy, why weren't they there on the day of the attack?)"
Just look at the guy, he wasn't there because he's a weakling.  He wouldn't have helped either way.

"I pray to any being listening that my fellow brothers and sisters manage to survive and escape any omens after them, even if the gods and I have a questionable connection for the moment."
A waste of time.  We're cultivators.  We don't ask the heavens for favors, we take from the heavens what we need to survive.

Also
Please buy fireworks, when you get the chance!
What do we need fireworks for, they do something special?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll try to think of a story reason as to why Muzhi would buy some. Generally for the moment she'd just be focusing more on surviving and stabilizing.

Also, had an idea on overall sect design. A lot of people try to get fancy with it, why don't we try to just do a village based sect design instead?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 09:22:50 am by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2020, 09:56:31 am »

I'll try to think of a story reason as to why Muzhi would buy some. Generally for the moment she'd just be focusing more on surviving and stabilizing.

Fireworks are loud and scary and might scare away mean hostile things!  Pretty easy explanation as to why they'd be bought and used.  While the guy isn't scary, he usually shows up at night and you can't see him very well.  I was certainly scared the first time I saw one.  Thought for sure they were going to eat my disciples, plus the game only zooms to where they appeared, not where they are, and you can't select them like everything else in the game.

Also, had an idea on overall sect design. A lot of people try to get fancy with it, why don't we try to just do a village based sect design instead?
I usually don't.  I'll use basic survival shelters until I get bored, then sorta just build stuff as I want/need it.  My stove usually sits outside with my Forge and Smelter.  Other workshops only get placed inside when Winter hits and I'm trying to keep my disciples from freezing to death.  Most of my playthroughs are slow and unsuccessful, so I don't have any/much demon skin to throw around, otherwise I probably wouldn't even bother with putting anything inside but beds.

So a village based layout would be pretty cool to me.  Start with wooden buildings and furniture, only upgrading to stone and iron when those resources become the more plentiful ones.  Which they usually do when you get to agencies, if not before (stone/iron doesn't burn, trees do).  Then house your less important Outers in a Iron shack with Iron beds, going all industrial poor on them.
One other fun idea I've used in the early game is living in caves.  Instead of building a room for your first Inner, you dig it out of a hill or mountain.  Just remember not to use a Wooden Bed!  While ultimately the stone from the mountain is better used to build a wall, since you get a one stone to 4 block ratio, in the early game where labor is limited it can save on time.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2020, 10:39:58 am »

We can do rock walls and decorations with metal beds for that sweet Feng Shui (otherwise it'd all have to be made out of spirit stone, since stuff made with that doesn't have Element). Make a kitchen/dining room/cafe kind of building with some leisure in it, then spread out making workshops, alchemy labs and crafting rooms, before eventually spreading to make private housing + cultivation rooms for the inners!

I was thinking of maybe doing a districts kind of thing later. Outer District and Inner District, separated by walls. Outer district would have housing, workshops and cooking for each outer, made actually make some kind of "home" for them since Families and Children are a thing with the Tie the Knot mod I have. Then the Inner District would have a couple of inners for cleaning/cooking, private housing + cultivation rooms for the inners themselves and then a separate building/s for Manual Pavilions aka Library, Alchemy Labs, Crafting Rooms, Leisure and maybe more fanciful Herb Gardens (with regular fields for Wheat, Cotton, Herb and Lotus root in the Outer district). Alongside Private Storage for anything made with a tier above 7, since they'd be good artifacts and all the high quality medicines, elixirs, materials and every manual would go into it.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2020, 05:40:20 pm »

That all sounds great!

Now we just need to get to week 2... :P

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2020, 09:16:41 pm »

That all sounds great!

Now we just need to get to week 2... :P

I mean we're only 2 days away from it in game, so we should be able to reach it since we have the 24 day guard before enemies start appearing xD. Not counting accidentally aggroing any animals around and them wiping us out once the mysterious cultivator leaves lol.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2020, 02:34:26 am »

I like the sound of the village set up, and of it all goes well it sounds like we'll have our own medieval style fortress.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2020, 10:32:01 am »

So had a slight epiphany/idea. There's a mod called "ModModifier" that lets spawn and edit things in game really easily, however I'd only use it for one thing. The game has a hard cap for population at 36 with 2000 Rep, meaning once you hit that 2000 rep that's the largest you can get base game wise. However ModModifier allows you to edit that, so I was thinking once we hit rep 5000 and rep 10,000 (if we survive that long) I'd up that cap by an additional +12 just like base game does (so it'd go up to 48 and then 60 and stop there.) The only reason I'm considering this is due to the nature of Tie the Knot. People will be having families, and thus children. If the cap stays at 36 then this would be pretty short lived, since by the time you're reaching the rep to unlock it you typically have a decent sect going and kids would be scarce and probably non-existent. So having it higher would allow more people to have more kids.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm perfectly fine not doing it, especially considering this is still super early in playtime, since having kids and the like isn't much of a priority for this playthrough, just getting a successful sect is but I figure I'd post about the idea and get your thoughts. It wouldn't be OP either, since you can only have a set amount of people to invade other sects, so at most it'd just help slightly with protection of our own sect village and production.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2020, 02:05:41 pm »

I have no problem with upping the population, even without the requirement of our rep being that high.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 02:48:38 am »

I'm good with it, more people means more stuff getting done faster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 02:34:28 pm »

Was gonna do an update today but just realized it's Christmas Eve and have to do some things for that before I forget and fuck myself over. You all have some wonderful holidays! I'll most likely post up the next update in a couple of days once the holidays pass.

Pages: 1 [2]