Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds and civilization development  (Read 1594 times)

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobolds and civilization development
« on: December 16, 2020, 06:41:49 pm »

(This could also apply to developing religions for formerly-atheistic civilizations when modding.)

I put in the following, for example:
Code: [Select]
[RELIGION:PANTHEON]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:EARTH]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:JEWELS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:METALS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:MINERALS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:CAVERNS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:WEALTH]
        [RELIGION_SPHERE:DEATH]
        [RELIGION_SPHERE:HOSPITALITY]
...and, when checking in Legends mode/Viewer, get nothing but a consistent lack of interest from both the deities and the 'faithful' AKA blank history records. Is it as simple as also changing their entity values, or what am I missing?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 06:45:40 pm by Silverwing235 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Kobolds and civilization development
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 04:24:49 pm »

I think as far as actual historically significant events, they need to be able to make shrines and temples to worship at, which cave civs cannot do.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 07:59:56 am »

I think as far as actual historically significant events, they need to be able to make shrines and temples to worship at, which cave civs cannot do.

After some thought, I'm obviously missing the entity tags to do that anyway. How? I mean, unless shrines and temples aren't rawified yet - that I could understand.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 01:29:07 am »

Im not totally sure, but i think all they need is a pantheon religion and living in cities or mountain halls. pretty sure worshippers build temples once they found a religion around a deity and then someone can desecrate it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 05:57:30 pm »

Im not totally sure, but i think all they need is a pantheon religion and living in cities or mountain halls. pretty sure worshippers build temples once they found a religion around a deity and then someone can desecrate it.

It actually only requires a religion to branch out to a site, i have a verified temple constructed and desecrated by a vampire in a dark fortress right under the clowns own nose in part to a goblin dispersed to plot in the wilds by a prominent church leader.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 09:46:53 am »

More koboldry afoot - or aclaw, as the case may be. Trying to figure out how to use [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT] in dwarven year 420 to purge the surviving kobold tribes of their negative theological biases (torture, suicide, misery, etc) but the wiki just is not being helpful ATM (https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#Religion).

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 12:33:22 pm »

Sphere alignment is basically strength choice of spheres deritive of the input, so if I was to input volcanos, and then a strength pretty high to make them split up their beliefs, things will turn up deritive of that under fire, mountains etc.

Dwarves are a few strokes away from outright fire worship, but since their pantheon is somewhat rigid without outside influence they tend to not stray in the event that new gods culminate.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 01:43:01 pm »

Sphere alignment is basically strength choice of spheres derivative of the input, so if I was to input volcanos, and then a strength pretty high to make them split up their beliefs, things will turn up derivative of that under fire, mountains etc.
Let me get this straight...individual sphere alignment mixed in with [RELIGION_SPHERE] as necessary, right?