Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: modding - nonstandard for size natural attacks (for example more powerful bite)  (Read 872 times)

javascripter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello,

I've started modding a custom carnivore civilization and ran into a few problems (some strange behavior of milk alcohol / custom wool clothes as well, but I probably make other topics about those later) including that all natural attacks seem to be tied to size and stats so that I cannot make one natural attack weaker than the other, or make it stronger without increasing either strength of manufactured weapons attacks or size.

Specifically, I want to make the bite significantly more powerful than for example a human bite while retaining similar size as dwarfs and no more strength than dwarves. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this if it is possible? I read about someone doing something similar, but I can't find how they did it. I've tried 200% penetration on the bite, but not really any other ideas.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

I'm not sure I understand fully so sorry if this doesn't answer what you're asking, but size plays a considerable role in attacks. If you want their bite to be worse, make their head, mouth and teeth all bigger. They'll chop limbs off whole before you know it. I guess it isn't the answer you're looking for. You could make them attack faster, change
Code: [Select]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]to
Code: [Select]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:2:2]they'll bite like mad. give them lots of teeth to bite with? Really though if you increase the relsize of teeth, they'll get way more deadly.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 11:51:01 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

javascripter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That doesn't answer the question I posted, but I think it completely solves my problem.

will test in arena later, but seems like I'm an idiot, I resized several organs and didn't think to resize the teeth/mouth/head to make bite stronger without increasing size of the whole creature.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile

You could add [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:<number>] to the attack and experiment with the values until you find a satisfying result.

javascripter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is the answer to the question I was asking. Not sure how I managed to miss that token looking through the (very small) list of attack tokens on creature page several times to try and find one that did what I wanted

will probably use both methods though