Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Age of Ideas IC: Hello World (7/16)  (Read 4577 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Dawn Quixotic (7/16)
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 01:07:36 am »

"Silence is Mean. Noise doesn't even come close to you, so how could you Refute it? Anyway. Time to Copy some Direction from Fate
Irritation.

Retaliation.

Argue [Idol -> Existence]: Existence does not exist, because nothing exists. All is not, is mere figments of potentia upon the eddies of untime. Begone.

Absorb: Order

Refute: Volition

No will.

Agreement.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 10:46:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2020, 01:11:19 am »

Refute: Volition

No will.
Waitwaitwait don't do that!
Luck is distracted from their synthesis before they can really get started on it by the actions of their opposite, Fate. That's important!
And with that did Luck absorb Volition.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2020, 01:34:30 am »

A path that nobody else can take is certainly a Unique one! Even if other people can take it but refused to. Unique Ruminates twice on Piratical project.

Seeing Luck steal Unique's beautifully Unique target, Unique decides to steal it back! Copy Convergence from Luck!

Unique fears not from Contradiction's attempt to make it less Unique. It is the one and only Unique. "Corrupting" it will only serve to make it the only corrupted Greater Idea, a new and Unique creation.
UNIQUE IS BEING CONTRADICTORY?

UNIQUE IS CONTRADICTION

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2020, 01:57:43 am »

A path that nobody else can take is certainly a Unique one! Even if other people can take it but refused to. Unique Ruminates twice on Piratical project.

Seeing Luck steal Unique's beautifully Unique target, Unique decides to steal it back! Copy Convergence from Luck!

Unique fears not from Contradiction's attempt to make it less Unique. It is the one and only Unique. "Corrupting" it will only serve to make it the only corrupted Greater Idea, a new and Unique creation.
UNIQUE IS BEING CONTRADICTORY?

UNIQUE IS CONTRADICTION

Contradiction is being Unique.

Contradiction is Unique.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2020, 02:11:15 am »

ABSORB: Release

RUMINATE: Improved denial x2

"Silence is Mean. Noise doesn't even come close to you, so how could you Refute it? Anyway. Time to Copy some Direction from Fate, Absorb Desire, and Extrapolate from my Idolasphere again. I had plans for Noise, and you killed them Silence! Let the Sound Flow~"

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 01:03:25 pm »

Irritation.

Retaliation.

Argue [Idol -> Existence]: Existence does not exist, because nothing exists. All is not, is mere figments of potentia upon the eddies of untime. Begone.

"I exist. You exist. Or do your argue about your own Existence? If so, begone, for you do not Exist, and the Argument never Existed. If you do Exist, then Existence is achieved, and your Argument is invalid. If Existence is not Fact, then Fate is False. If Existence is Fact, then Fate can exist. So there~"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2020, 01:20:45 pm »

Does fate exist, though? I don't think it does.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2020, 01:37:31 pm »

Does fate exist, though? I don't think it does.

"Well~ if this Greater Idea doesn't exist, how can they argue in the first place. It's very silly to argue about the Nonexistence of Existence, that's something I'd expect from Contradiction. Otherwise how are we conversing in the first place. We wouldn't exist at all~ Maybe we're just thoughts in another even Greater Idea's head?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2020, 01:52:46 pm »

"Maybe we're just thoughts in another even Greater Idea's head?"
That sounds improbable and inconvenient. It would be like being stuck in a giant crystal ball or something. Kinda dumb.
Who knows?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 03:20:22 pm »

Absorb Confusion

Absorb inversion

Copy contradiction
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Abjection, Division, S[oa]lvation (7/16)
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2020, 05:05:16 am »

Age of Ideas: Abjection, Division, S[oa]lvation

"You can't kill an Idea!"

The Idea of Paramorphosyntactologogogy

It quickly became apparent that not all Ideas were valued equally and rightfully so; the Greater Ideas seemed to have drastically different end goals in mind, and not many Ideas were necessarily relevant to making progress on those goals. On the bright side, some Leads had given way to some of the smaller Projects. What would the bigger ones look like?

It is now possible to Practice Ideas to make progress on Projects. (Ideas set aside for Projects are temporarily unavailable for use in other actions.)

Luck ruminated on Luck manipulation and discovered rather expensive means of altering Luck on an individual basis whether on Luck or on other Greater Ideas. The rather underwhelming power of these early means of Luck alteration has brought up an additional Lead related to improvements in this ability.

Fate refuted Volition as Luck tried to absorb it, and the apparent result of this scuffle was the snuffing of Volition. In a more coherent world, this would be a most ominous tragedy, but sapience as a whole seemed unaffected.

Luck is about halfway through a step of Crystallization.

Unique uncovered a Project for a more efficient means of copying Ideas, and as a result, so did Contradiction. It's becoming difficult to tell the two apart. Luckily (but not for Luck), Unique copied the rather fragile Idea of Convergence from Luck. With Convergence greatly weakened, it would be wise for both Luck and Unique to avoid subjecting the barely apparent Idea to excessive abuse.

Silence released Release from its freedom, a most curious choice. Silence is also near a breakthrough on improved denial. Should Silence pursue the Lead to completion, the result(s) will most likely have something to do with the Refute and Argue actions.

Fate absorbed Order without incident. It seems to be tied in some way to Fate's current big Lead. Fate also argued against Idol's Idea of Existence. Idol issued a rebuttal in response, but it appears to have been wanting in relevance, consistency, or coherence. Although a bit worse for wear as a result of Fate's scathing argument, Existence is once again a free Idea. As an act of pretaliation, Idol attempted to copy Direction, but the concept was too alien to digest, and it didn't quite work. Something resembling Luck appears to be on Fate's side. Could it be the complete lack of Ideal alignments?

Chaos took in Confusion and Inversion, two highly chaotic Ideas, and came upon an interesting Lead to a scheme of interference. Were the actions of the Greater Ideas chaotic enough? Chaos may yet be the judge of this.

Idol absorbed Desire and explored the Idea of Idol further. This resulted in the Idea of Belief. In a more coherent universe, this would probably be a rather powerful Idea, but alas, there is no one to do the believing or worshiping. Ever the spirited sort, Idol also had an informal argument with Silence, but that didn't go anywhere.

Contradiction studied Ideal instability in greater detail and discovered that unstable Ideas tended to decay after some time with possibly useful and/or dangerous results. This uncovered a number of promising Leads tangentially related to instability and contradictions.

In the process of fighting over core Ideas, Contradiction and Unique agreed that each was the other, and as far as anyone can tell, it was and has always been so.

In a rather dramatic change from other complimentary divinations, yet another GREAT CONJUNCTION has befallen Fate. The other two Greater Ideas involved were Contradiction and Chaos, and owing to the rather opposite spheres in opposition (Fate and Chaos), this is a rather inauspicious sign for all Ideas involved except Contradiction. Aside from this, there's another alignment involving Luck, Chaos, and Unique which may inhibit both Luck and Unique slightly. More relevantly to planned and unfolding plots, Luck is eclipsing Idol, and Contradiction is (vengefully?) eclipsing Unique. Chaos joins in eclipsing Idol too, but in light of Fate's cruel blows, could this be a sign of changing fortunes?

Brief events of note include an alignment of Silence, Luck, and Idol and a four-Greater Idea (!!!!) alignment of Luck, Contradiction, Chaos, and Unique. The four-Idea alignment may have some interesting effects for everyone involved.

Left to their own devices for the most part, it is expected that a greater number of prominent Lesser Ideas will attain at least sentience if not sapience. The Lesser Ideas' experiments continue with little in the way of success. Maybe something interesting would happen if the Greater Ideas deigned to embark on ambitious Leads and Projects? In any case, here are the greatest of the Lesser Ideas:
    • Discreteness (:1)
    • Repetition (:1)
    • Boundary (:3, sentient)
    • Consistency (:2)
    • Dimension (:1)
    • Manipulation (:2)
    • Relevance (:2)
    • Sacrifice (:2)
    • Understanding (:2)
    • Acquiescence
    • Addition (sentient)
    • Alignment
    • Balance
    • Correspondence
    • Normal
    • Projection
    • Existence (weak)

It is currently the Age of Ideas. Speech has been discovered but not Naming. Three actions are available for each Greater Idea.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (3 available) (click to show/hide)

The next update is scheduled for 48h from now or after everyone posts whichever comes first.[/list]
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 05:14:06 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • If you wait long enough, it moves.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: December 21, 2020, 05:15:41 am »

RUMINATE: Improved denial (3/3)

ACRETE:  Rejection, utilise Pariah

ABSORB: Existence

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Interesting big thing of some sort (0/6A)

I N T H E B E G I N N I N G T H E R E W A S W E A N D I A N D W E A N D I

WE WHO WAS AND IS I, (f O r I C L A I m IDEA [existence]) TAKE INTEREST IN IDEA-QUERYING

COOPERATION RECOMMENDED FOR COMMUNAL BENEFIT.

REQUEST; SIX ( 6 . 0 ) CONTRIBRUTE EFFORT-BEING STATE ( 1 . 0 ).

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 05:27:47 am by micelus »
    Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
    You win Nakeen
    Marduk is my waifu
    Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: December 21, 2020, 05:25:23 am »

Triumph.

Huge Success.

Satisfaction.

Ruminate: Interesting big thing of some sort [1/6A]

Ruminate: Interesting big thing of some sort [2/6A]

Ruminate: Interesting big thing of some sort [3/6A]

Contemplate.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Interesting big thing of some sort (0/6A)

WE WHO WAS AND IS I, (f O r I C L A I m IDEA [existence]) TAKE INTEREST IN IDEA-QUERYING

COOPERATION RECOMMENDED FOR COMMUNAL BENEFIT.

REQUEST; SIX ( 6 . 0 ) CONTRIBRUTE EFFORT-BEING STATE ( 1 . 0 ).

Agreement.

Proposal.

Co-operate?

Contemplating...
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:29:56 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: December 21, 2020, 07:51:30 am »

If Existence does not exist, I Refute it.
    If others do not accept me, I shall be Resolved in resisting their predations.
    I shall Dither on the essence of that argument, for apparently that lone thought is argument enough and philosophy not at all.

The Idol is depressed.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: December 21, 2020, 08:23:03 am »

If Existence does not exist, I Refute it.
    If others do not accept me, I shall be Resolved in resisting their predations.
    I shall Dither on the essence of that argument, for apparently that lone thought is argument enough and philosophy not at all.

The Idol is depressed.
    Suggestion.

Reconciliation.

[No further cause for conflict occurrence detected]

Agree?

Desire.

Co-rumination.

Offer.

Your Request?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7