Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unknown Material  (Read 938 times)

Jack_Smythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unknown Material
« on: December 20, 2020, 01:37:42 pm »

Reclaiming fortresses in a dead world, and quite a few of the doors/walls/etc are made of 'Unknown Material'. Is this a bug or related to the circus?
Catch-22: If you had a pick, you could get to the pick, but if you had one, you wouldn't need to.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Material
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 02:33:18 pm »

As far as I know, "Unknown material" shouldn't exist, and so is a bug, or, rather, the result of trying to handle a buggy situation in a graceful manner (A somewhat similar situation is that you can occasionally find "Grass" inside fortresses. Those ties are specified to have "grass" [i.e. floor cover: which consists of fungi inside] on them, but the vector that should specify what kind of "grass" is growing there doesn't have any entry for that tile).

Jack_Smythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 05:34:48 pm »

The grass bug is also present in  the fortress so it's a overall buggy thing then. Thanks for the help!
Catch-22: If you had a pick, you could get to the pick, but if you had one, you wouldn't need to.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 05:43:43 pm »

Sounds like someone went messing with the raws...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 06:05:19 pm »

I don't think so. The buggy grass tile happens in more or less every fortress, but you'd have to look for it (with Phoebus you'd have to find the underground tiles that are suspiciously grass like in color). In the one case I've seen Unknown Material it was a reclaimed mountainhome, and the Unknown Material was present where the candy pipe was cut through (the cause of the fall, presumably), and the candy was normal apart from the "sealing of the wound" tiles. It wasn't my world, though, so I can't guarantee there wasn't any raw editing involved.

Jack_Smythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 07:24:00 pm »

It wasn't me. Running LNP right out the box, so maybe something from that.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 04:06:04 pm »

I know only items that have no material at all. Like barrel that is just 'barrel' or bed (in monastery).