Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution (Turn 18) (11/15)  (Read 33408 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution (Turn 13) (11/15)
« Reply #360 on: February 05, 2021, 06:20:20 am »

Basically i want the option to skip the sex vote.

Hmmmm, I need to think about this. It makes sense, but it also bypassing a mechanic.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 05, 2021, 07:01:03 am »

Ok, you know what? This whole "sex thing" Is not working for us. Honestly, this mechanic Is more trouble than It is worth, most of the time.
ss vote:  facultative parthenogenesis: a new special innovation appeared in the eelish females: the possibility of parthenogenesis when the enviromental conditions are stable enough.
Now, for my normal vote:
Improved nervous system: the primitive brain of the eelish becomes better at recognizing and managing the attraction caused by pheromones. They still travel in large schools, but now they can keep an healthier distance from each other.
Gototoe, we need a way to protect ourself.We could evolve a venom bonding protein in our blood and trasport the protein-toxin complex in one of our chambers, so It can be safely expelled.
Otherwise we could limit our Interactions with the pancakes and start preying on the animals below us. We could become the omnivorous locusts of the Sea, descending on the seafloor to eat everything we can catch during the day and rising up again during the night to feed on food that completely surrounds us.
i'll vote for the venomblood first as the predator sounds scary but i'm probably going to save my next vote for the sealocust idea. you alright with that?

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 05, 2021, 03:17:28 pm »

Ok, you know what? This whole "sex thing" Is not working for us. Honestly, this mechanic Is more trouble than It is worth, most of the time.
ss vote:  facultative parthenogenesis: a new special innovation appeared in the eelish females: the possibility of parthenogenesis when the enviromental conditions are stable enough.
Now, for my normal vote:
Improved nervous system: the primitive brain of the eelish becomes better at recognizing and managing the attraction caused by pheromones. They still travel in large schools, but now they can keep an healthier distance from each other.
Gototoe, we need a way to protect ourself.We could evolve a venom bonding protein in our blood and trasport the protein-toxin complex in one of our chambers, so It can be safely expelled.
Otherwise we could limit our Interactions with the pancakes and start preying on the animals below us. We could become the omnivorous locusts of the Sea, descending on the seafloor to eat everything we can catch during the day and rising up again during the night to feed on food that completely surrounds us.
i'll vote for the venomblood first as the predator sounds scary but i'm probably going to save my next vote for the sealocust idea. you alright with that?
Sounds good. Venom immunity is more immediately uselful. We can always become predators next turn.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 05, 2021, 03:24:18 pm »

Wouldn't venom resistance type be better to evolve afterwards since no one has any form of venom yet.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 05, 2021, 03:25:27 pm »

Hmmmm, I need to think about this. It makes sense, but it also bypassing a mechanic.

After, much consideration, I have decided that the parthogenesis votes requested effect is not valid. SS vote is intended  to be wild card to compensate for your ability to hog on a single vote to guarantee its success. Also, it is not a realistic one, as sexual selection will still nontheless go on, just with frequent stops. It will increase your species' survival chances in an extinction event though, as it is self reliant and doesn't requires significant fitness.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 05, 2021, 03:45:33 pm »

Wouldn't venom resistance type be better to evolve afterwards since no one has any form of venom yet.
The Strangler Hivecake does, we have a circular trophic chain at the moment. My species eats the plant, the plant eats us by blocking our respiration with venom.

After, much consideration, I have decided that the parthogenesis votes requested effect is not valid. SS vote is intended  to be wild card to compensate for your ability to hog on a single vote to guarantee its success. Also, it is not a realistic one, as sexual selection will still nontheless go on, just with frequent stops. It will increase your species' survival chances in an extinction event though, as it is self reliant and doesn't requires significant fitness.
In this case i would like to change my ss vote if it is ok with Gotototoe.
Skin mucus: a new adaptation appeared in the Eeelish, selected by the desire for shinier and healthier partners. A coat of mucus now covers the skin of the animal, protecting it from scratches and infections and making it harder for the tendrils of the hivecakes to get a good grip. 

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 05, 2021, 06:20:38 pm »

Team Pancake
Naturegirl: ...
Kilojoule: ...
Demonic Spoon: ...

Team Pasta Vēlōcis
Curious Cat: A fluid-filled internal sack that surrounds the digestive tract.
King Zultan: Supports Curious Cat
SS: Fishy muscles

Team Lagus Blob
Flazeo: Improved skeleton
Mcdreich: Diet expansion
Canadian kitten: Supports Flazeo
SS: Supporting cartilage

Team Friendly Pancake
Kashyyk: Pain reflexes.
SS: Budding instead of splitting.

Team Eraclito
Leonardo: Improved nervous system.
GOTOTOTOE: Venom resistance
SS: A coat of protective, slippery mucus.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 02:16:53 am by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 05, 2021, 06:25:49 pm »

Team Akın

1) A nervous system that controls the animals lively functions and movement.

2) A primitive, closed circulatory system.

3) The evolution of the body to become tubular. It starts and ends with an orifice lined with muscle, one that swallows the dirt in and the other pushes it out. The inside of the tube is lined with absorbant tissue that gathers the nutrients inside the dirt.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 05, 2021, 08:27:05 pm »

Team Pancake
Naturegirl: ...
Kilojoule: ...
Demonic Spoon: ...

Team Pasta Vēlōcis

Team Lagus Blob
Flazeo: Improved skeleton
Mcdreich: ...
Canadian kitten: Supports Flazeo
SS: Supporting cartilage

Team Friendly Pancake
Kashyyk: Pain reflexes.
SS: Budding instead of splitting.

Team Eraclito
Leonardo: Improved nervous system.
GOTOTOTOE: Venom resistance? Venomous blood?
SS: A coat of protective, slippery mucus.
It's Venom resistence/immunity.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 05, 2021, 10:23:34 pm »

<snip>

Team Pasta Vēlōcis

<snip>

Looks good.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 05, 2021, 11:59:01 pm »

Since naturegirl seems to be AWOL for the last few days I would like to do nothing, since I don't want to do anything without support.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2021, 12:50:54 am »

Pretty sure they be set to autosupport.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2021, 01:05:02 am »

Team Lagus

Honestly, it feels like what the lagus needs, ironically, is a predator :P. We've become so successful that a predator's needed to check our numbers.

In any case:

Diet Expansion:
With some chewing capability and simple, but effective, gut, plus the pressures of food supply running out, the Lagus' gut and process has developed to be more robust. Lagus have started to eat pancakes aswell as dead/dying creatures.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 06, 2021, 02:17:48 am »

Since naturegirl seems to be AWOL for the last few days I would like to do nothing, since I don't want to do anything without support.

But then an entire team will be AWOL, and I won't be able to continue.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 06, 2021, 02:32:25 am »

But then an entire team will be AWOL, and I won't be able to continue.

I say we give them an extra day or so to show up.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35