Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution (Turn 18) (11/15)  (Read 32624 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Competitive Evolution (Turn 18) (11/15)
« on: December 21, 2020, 09:06:21 pm »

The Introduction

Hello, and welcome to Competitive Evolution! Here you will compete by evolving your lineage through time, hardships and catalysms.

The Voting Action

You play as an evolutionary lineage, and you make it evolve and survive.

Players will congregate in teams of at most 3 players, with maximum team count being 5.

Each one of you will have a single vote to use each round. You can use this vote to;

●Suggest a new mutation, adding a       
        new feature to the teams creature.
     ●Improve upon a faulty, vestigial,       
       or insufficent feature, which gets a         
       +1 in dice points due to it already     
       having a base to develop on.
     ●Sacrifice your vote to support one of   
       your teammates vote, granting the   
       said vote a +2 in dice points.

There is also a special vote that comes with developing sexual, or any other resource-intensive type of reproduction called Sexual Selection vote (SS vote for short). This vote can't be supported or used to support, and what it is going to be used for will be decided by the all people on the team. It can still take the +1 bonus of improvement though, as it is indirectly related to the vote itself.

The Dice

The degree of your votes success is determined by a 5-sided dice I will roll.  Values of the said rolls are;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dice caps at 5. No making it 6.

But just because you got a 5, doesn't necessarily means you get the benefits. For example, evolving eyes is useless if there is no nervous system to control and use it. Or a jaw won't work without muscles, which will work very inefficently if there is no respiratory and/or circulatory systems around. It's like a tech tree, you need the supporting systems to go more complex.

Sexual Selection vote failure or success affects your population counts much less than a normal failure or success, but there are more chances to mess up with it anyways.

Populations

The state of your species' population is indicated as wildlife status symbols used worldwide.

Events

Things such as geological or cosmological events will also be rolled once every round. Two dices will be rolled, one for the strength, the other fir the effect. Strength dice is 100-sided, and Temperament dice is 4-sided. The values are;

Strength dice:
0-50= Nothing happens
50-90= Minor event
90-100= Major event

Temperament dice:
4: Awsome stuff.
3: Great stuff
2: Bad stuff.
1: Awful stuff.

The Environment

Game takes place in a giant saltwater crater lake on the planet Aqatuico, a world very similar to our own.

This sea is named The Crater Sea, It is warm, shallow and full of minerals and nutients.

Surrounding the sea, a barren, lifeless rocky wasteland goes on for hundreds of kilometers. A system of freshwater rivers go through these plains and feeds The Crater Sea, from who knows where. These close-proximity rivers are called The Harbringers. There is five of them, coming from the same direction.

The Crater Sea is home to unicelluar algea, and 2 kinds of multicelluar lifeforms. These lifeforms are the ones you start out from:

Once you select a lineage, you are stuck with it until either it goes extinct or the game ends/dies.

There is also a 'Habitat' section that will help you visualise exactly where your lineage lives.

General Etiquette

Please write down the team you are in when you vote. It makes my job much easier.

Vote realistically and openly. Just saying "circulatory system" or "limbs" is not enough. Is the circulatory system open or closed? How many and/or what kind limbs are to be added? You must specify these. Little explanations will be enough.

Please refrain from opening new teams, if there are teams with open spots for players, join them instead. This isn't an obligation though, you can if you wish, unless all five team slots are full, in that case you can't.

You can join anytime you want. Unless all spots are full, which is unlikely.

Start evolving!

Current Teams

The List of Turns
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 12:10:34 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 10:56:16 pm »

Team Blob Clade 1

Vote: evolve olfactory sensors to allow us to move towards (or away from) certain smells.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:23:51 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 11:14:00 pm »

Team Pancake Clade 1

Vote: water suction orifice to suck in water rapidly to allow movement toward the light

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 04:30:49 pm »

Two players in separate teams are enough to start. Shall we go ahead, or continue waiting?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 05:56:13 am »

I'll join team blob if that's okay.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 06:08:34 am »

I'll join Team Pancake for balance if that's alright.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 07:04:12 am »

I'll join Team Pancake for balance if that's alright.
I'll join team blob if that's okay.

You need to use your votes. And your selected positions are alright.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 07:25:44 am »

Team Blob Clade 1
Vote: olfactory sensors
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 09:18:10 am »

Team Blob Clade 1
Vote: olfactory sensors

So, you support Cat's vote?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 09:33:01 am »

Team Pancake Clade 1

Vote: water suction orifice to suck in water rapidly to allow movement toward the light

Team Pancake!

Sacrifice my vote for the water-sucky thing. *Vote squeals as its belly is cut open upon an altar made of dice*

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 10:07:14 am »

Team Blob Clade 2

Vote: Evolve cilla like cells to allow greater movement.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 10:10:49 am by flazeo25 »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 10:48:07 am »

I have updated the initial post to include the current teams and members.

Also Kilojoule Proton still hasn't voted.

I will be waiting until tomorrow to post the first round.

And again, also , you can actually name your teams whatever you want, you don't need to use the name of your chosen creature.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:17:16 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 04:49:37 pm »

Team Pancake Clade 1

+1, let us become motile!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 06:29:45 pm »

1st Turn

Events
Strength Dice: 61
Temperament Dice:3

A far away volcano has exploded and it happened to be close to The Harbringers' source.

The ashes and fresh rock enriched the waters with all sorts of helpful minerals and compounds, which traveled all the way to the Crater Sea.

Everyone's population counts go one up than it would be otherwise

Team Pancake
Naturegirl: Water siphon to move: 5+2+2=Capped at 5
Demonic Spoon: Supports Naturegirl
Kilijoule Proton: Supports Naturegirl

Skippy Pancake
Through a selective pressure to not sink into shady depths and die due to insufficent light, this new species of pancake uses a small water siphon. It is shaped like a suction cup and ryhtmically sucks water in as fast as it can be done with celluar fluidity, and then expels it out to create a bit of propulsion.

But due to not having any means to locate or measure light, and also not having the necessary features to make this process fast and efficent enough, the siphon has proven itself to be a double-edged sword. It fails to compensate for the nutrients and energy it uses up, and may just cause the poor plant to plummet into the blue depths if it is directed downwards.

But as a small positive side effect, the siphon is a good at gathering CO2 and minerals due to it getting in contact with more water than the other parts of the plant.

Description
A small green protoplant shaped like a flat circle. It is the size of a penny. A small water siphon is situated at its center, which it uses to push water down to try to blindly reach light. It reproduces by splitting in two when it gets too big.

Team Blob 1
Curious Cat: Olfactory sensors: 1+2=3
King Zultan: Supports Curious Cat

Insensitive Blob
Tiny black dots of cells receptive of various ambient chemicals have appeared everywhere on the outer surface of this particular species of blob.

But the thing is, they do not have any means to convey anything to the rest of the body. So they stand practically useless. And because of the dots being negligible in the total mass of the creature, this mutation is a neutral one, as it has no impact on the creatures way of life.

Description
A pea-sized proto-animal. It aimlessly moves along the sea floor and digests any organic debris it can find. It is covered in small black dots of chemical-sensitive cells. It reproduces by splitting in two when it gets too big.

Team Blob 2
flazeo25: Cillia cells for movement: 3

Fuzzy Blob
Do not fall for the name, the almost invidible fuzz are actually the countless protrusions of strand-like cells. Each of these tendrils move independantly, allowing an uncoordinated, slow way of movement.

This new way of movement is hardly better than the old one, and it isn't any faster. So this blobs numbers and lifestyle haven't changed at all. A neutral trait.

Description
A pea-sized proto-animal. It aimlessly moves along the sea floor and digests any organic debris it can find. It is covered in a very thin coat of tendrils which it uses to move, and it gives it a fuzzy look if you look close enough. It reproduces by splitting in two when it gets too big.

Environment
On the southern hemisphere of the planet Aqautico, a saltwater crater lake called The Crater Sea resides. .

Surrounding the sea, a barren, lifeless rocky wasteland goes on for hundreds of kilometers, stretching as far as eye can see.

And through the east side, five rivers called The Harbringers follow curved, close-by paths to the sea, coming from far away and who knows where.

Multicelluar life is limited the sea, represented only by simple lifeforms.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 06:32:57 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 07:00:48 pm »

(Team Pancake Clade 1)

Since light sensors might be a bit tricky to get right, I suggest developing oil-filled vacuoles to help with staying buoyant (and incidentally store carbon for lean times).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35