Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: COUP! [6/6]  (Read 2105 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: COUP! [6/6]
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2021, 06:12:42 pm »

So you have two duke cards? Kinda sus. 🧐

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2021, 06:14:32 pm »

Not necessarily, Tric can use the same duke to block and tax. The cards aren't used up when invoked. After all, you can perform actions for which you don't have the cards.

I for one think Tric is plausible.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2021, 07:16:10 pm »

Wait, You can use both cards!?
You have got to be kidding me. 🤦‍♂️ I would have been in such a better position if I knew that beforehand. 😭

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2021, 08:01:19 pm »

You only get a single action. Also, if we could only use a card once, that would be boring and slow.

Dukes have prestige, the commoners get crushed, such is the way of da COUP.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2021, 08:38:46 pm »

Through taxes, TricMagic gains 3 coins, turning them into the most wealthy player right now! Next up, Secretdorf Persus13.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 08:40:30 pm by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2021, 08:52:17 pm »

Me and my pal would like to Change Cards

Also rules question. You can only use the captain and ambassador to block someone stealing from you, right? Not someone else?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2021, 09:50:19 pm »

change cards

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2021, 12:54:46 am »

Also rules question. You can only use the captain and ambassador to block someone stealing from you, right? Not someone else?

You can use anyone to do anything, really! It's just that should someone challenge you when you try it, if you have the right card they die and if you don't you die. So it's less risky to only do things you're actually allowed to do by your cards. But if you lie and don't get caught, you'll profit from more roles and outcompete everyone else, because it's all about money and efficiency.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2021, 02:08:16 am »

It's just about plausible people have those ambassador cards. I'll allow it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2021, 07:12:42 am »

You can use anyone to do anything, really! It's just that should someone challenge you when you try it, if you have the right card they die and if you don't you die. So it's less risky to only do things you're actually allowed to do by your cards. But if you lie and don't get caught, you'll profit from more roles and outcompete everyone else, because it's all about money and efficiency.
I should clarify what I'm asking then. When I said someone else, I meant another player. The wording of the rules in the OP is "Block stealing: Whenever you see a Captain stealing, you may block the stealing." which implies that anyone can block it. Whereas I believe in the card game only the person being stolen from can block with the captain or ambassador.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]