Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 19317 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 03:58:16 pm »

Going for A. Sure we're not fully independent, but that can come later - first we need to prove our worth.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 03:58:20 pm »

No strings attached seems the best boon.
I vote C.
some good points were raised, so I'll go for B
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:53:47 pm by m1895 »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 04:00:23 pm »

B sounds like it has the most potential for interesting story nonsense.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 04:00:34 pm »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 04:06:06 pm »

I vote for D, simply because we get to beat up this mysterious investor when they come back
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 04:07:32 pm »

Voting A. Folks who wanted to work for a particular group, here's your chance.

Besides, winding up bankrupt is better than winding up dead, which is the likeliest outcome for failing scenarios B, C, or D.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 04:13:43 pm »

B. It's either this or A in my mind, as the other two are less active, and do little to characterize our group. However, with A, we have to choose the corp that we sold our souls to, and with B we need to determine what sort of less than savory things we were willing to agree to "for the greater good" (even if it's only our own greater good).

Of B and A, B seems the one that involves more active choices, and more chances for our actions to come back to bite us in the future, rather than a single company coming back to bite us (even if its Silverash, sadly).
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 07:31:19 pm »

Quote from: Current Vote Total
A: 4
B: 4
C: 0
D: 1
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:07:13 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 09:27:20 pm »

B. It's either this or A in my mind, as the other two are less active, and do little to characterize our group. However, with A, we have to choose the corp that we sold our souls to, and with B we need to determine what sort of less than savory things we were willing to agree to "for the greater good" (even if it's only our own greater good).

Of B and A, B seems the one that involves more active choices, and more chances for our actions to come back to bite us in the future, rather than a single company coming back to bite us (even if its Silverash, sadly).
Voting B because I have always been a fan of choosing the stick we get beaten with.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 08:52:06 am »

A: 4
B: 5
D: 1

Missing two votes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2020, 12:50:01 am »

Vote A.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 05:16:42 am »

A: 7
B: 5
D: 0

A wins.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 12:01:35 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 12:16:06 pm »

It bit a little to have to play by someone else's rules - but what they don't know won't hurt them, you suppose. There's still a lot of freedom this way, and the landship is still in serviceable shape. All you have to do is not die and get the job done, and you should eventually earn enough cash as a group to buy yourselves out and throw off your corporate chains for good. Or maybe you'll stay amicable, who knows?

. . . Reports are still a pain in the ass, though. Speaking of, you search your hazy mid-awakening memory for their contact information. It wouldn't do to forget how to get ahold of. . .

A. Penguin Logistics, the mysterious "secure delivery" firm. You're not actually certain there are more than five people actually in Penguin, and that one Sankta was weird as hell, but the money is good and the gang warfare is mostly not your problem. You're also not going to worry about why a logistics firm is involved in gang warfare at all. Lungmen is a strange place.

B. Karlan Trade Company, the frigid juggernaut of Kjerag. Silverash has been buying up his own private military and you figured getting in on that could be a golden opportunity to get some real influence. The rumors about what happens to people close to him, especially if they would be useful for something, are probably exaggerated. All you really know for sure is that there's going to be plenty of work.

C. Blacksteel Worldwide. You didn't want to sign on under them outright, but being able to leverage their existing contacts is nice. Of course, it'll be a lot harder to make a real name for yourself if you've got to staple a Blacksteel logo next to yours all the time.

D. Write-in.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 12:18:09 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 12:33:44 pm »

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2020, 12:39:40 pm »

B. I'm down for working with snow leopards.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32