Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 19342 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2021, 02:57:21 pm »

Spook - Training Area
For purposes of not interrupting, Spook's response to Stasi occurred either prior to HB jumping Espresso, or out of sight/earshot.
The catboy glares up at the indifferent ursus, ears flicking irritably as she starts to fire her weapon. He baps her on the arm with the tablet, and frustratedly types out another sentence.
<For all I know that resume is years out of date; even if it's recent, people usually omit things that have become normal to them, so I need to do a personal examination to make sure I have a clear understanding of what's going on. That's not a request, by the way. Come visit the medbay when you're done here. I promise I'll be quick, especially if you're resume's up to date, because then I just need to double check that nothing has changed without you noticing.>
Spook scowls up at the ursus, making sure she's paying attention, and repeats the audio if she doesn't at least pretend to listen to the whole thing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2021, 06:02:34 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

"Did you hear-" Myrna started to ask, beginning to turn just in time to be hit by projectile cat. She instinctively put her hands up (she'd had to get fast reflexes for when various objects flew off the field in practice), shouting in surprise, but she wasn't able to fully brace for the impact and was knocked backwards towards Casimir.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2021, 07:26:42 pm »

Headbanger - Training Area

Not bad. She'd left an opening with that; it was tough to miss her arts activating, especially if she didn't take the time to layer waves to cancel any unwanted sound. Espresso's bracing wasn't enough, however, and Headbanger had some practice with moves like these. The feline stuck to Espresso as she tumbled, landing with her knees pinning the newbie's arms after a bit of quick mid-tumble maneuvering. She hadn't given the girl time to see, but the feeling of cold steel against her neck would have been unmistakable.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 09, 2021, 07:48:12 pm »

Remiel - Halls -> Training Area
The sound of a humming giant trundles into the training area as Remiel, holding a behemoth of something that appears to be meat and eggs wrapped into flatbread, appears just in time to see Headbanger tackle the young Cautus over into Casimir.

He blinks, then chuckles before taking a bite.
"I see our feisty young friend has found a new training partner, huh?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2021, 08:07:42 pm »

Casimir - Training area
The largest of the three started to laugh at the scene but was caught off guard by about 100 kilos of women bowling into him. This caused a less than dignified choking sound to leave his throat as he likewise fell back, acting as the surface for the smallest to menace their leporine companion.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2021, 09:30:55 pm »

Spook - Training Area
For purposes of not interrupting, Spook's response to Stasi occurred either prior to HB jumping Espresso, or out of sight/earshot.
The catboy glares up at the indifferent ursus, ears flicking irritably as she starts to fire her weapon. He baps her on the arm with the tablet, and frustratedly types out another sentence.
<For all I know that resume is years out of date; even if it's recent, people usually omit things that have become normal to them, so I need to do a personal examination to make sure I have a clear understanding of what's going on. That's not a request, by the way. Come visit the medbay when you're done here. I promise I'll be quick, especially if you're resume's up to date, because then I just need to double check that nothing has changed without you noticing.>
Spook scowls up at the ursus, making sure she's paying attention, and repeats the audio if she doesn't at least pretend to listen to the whole thing.
Stasi - Training Area
Stasi pointedly ignores Spook's light tapping, mostly due to the all encompassing plate mail they were still wearing. But even with all of that padding, and the loud crackling noise their firearm made with every shot, they couldn't quite ignore pretend to ignore the little cat man pressing up his tablet against them and playing the message on repeat over and over again. "I'll pass, there's nothing an exam would tell you that you couldn't find in my resume. And as you can see I am in almost perfect condition."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2021, 11:07:17 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

Espresso yelped with shock as she (and the two Kazdelians) hit the ground, and instinctively tried to shove Headbanger off of her. Unfortunately, she hadn't dropped her spear when she was tackled and it got in the way, not doing a lot more than jostling the cat - when she felt the knife against her she froze, trying not to draw blood.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2021, 11:51:50 pm »

Headbanger - Trading Area

Landing on Casimir hadn't exactly been part of the plan of attack, but it wasn't about to stop her. Unlike the sarkaz, Espresso had actually attempted a response. It was an ineffectual, awkward response that only came anywhere near working due to Headbanger's sheer lack of mass, but it was a response. She looked down at the cautus with a predatory, sinister grin, pressing the knife in just hard enough to be (even more) uncomfortable. She held this position for a long moment, then, as if a switch had been flipped, sat up, freeing the newbie's throat from the steel menacing it. She popped up off Espresso, stepping back to give her a clear space to get up, and spun her knife back into the sheath, waiting for the two on the ground to stand and pointedly ignoring Remiel.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2021, 10:28:15 am »

Spook - Training Area
Stasi - Training Area
Stasi pointedly ignores Spook's light tapping, mostly due to the all encompassing plate mail they were still wearing. But even with all of that padding, and the loud crackling noise their firearm made with every shot, they couldn't quite ignore pretend to ignore the little cat man pressing up his tablet against them and playing the message on repeat over and over again. "I'll pass, there's nothing an exam would tell you that you couldn't find in my resume. And as you can see I am in almost perfect condition."
Spook - Training Area
The catboy continues scowling, and baps the ursus with his datapad, giving up for the time being on forcing the bear to co-operate; no point making an enemy over this, and perhaps he can find something in her resume that'll give him a good reason to come visit. Scowling at the uncaring Ursus, he retreats back to the main area of the training wing, taking a seat next to Hooch and looking quite frustrated, judging by his lashing tail and deep scowl.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:03:16 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2021, 12:52:37 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

Espresso stayed very still until Headbanger disengaged, and let her stand up a bit. "Uh... I'm sorry? I don't know what I did that made you do that, but I'm really sorry about it. Oh, sorry Casimir, I knocked you over too..." she said, in a quiet voice looking between the two.
Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2021, 01:26:36 pm »

Casimir - Training area
Casimir chuckled as he started to pat Espresso's head. "Ah, you didn't do anything. It's a Kazdelian thing, she's not actually got a problem with you. It's a way to test an ally's general aptitude before you see them in action... And I'd say you did a lot better than me! I didn't even react." The sarkaz chuckles some more giving Espresso on final pat to convey it's not something she did.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2021, 02:05:00 pm »

Headbanger - Training Area

The feline nodded at Casimir, letting her expression fall into a much more natural-looking and less murderous version of itself. [Can you sign, or do I have to keep typing?] She knew what the likely answer would be, of course; she didn't hesitate to retrieve her tablet and prepare for a proper response to the two.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2021, 02:10:52 pm »

Espresso - Training Room

Espresso visibly perked up at hearing it hadn't been because of anything she'd done, her rabbit-ears (which had noticeably drooped as she spoke before) straightening out. "O-Ok, nothing wrong then... Kazdelian thing... ok! Ok that's... fine then? Oh, are you ok Casimir? I didn't mean to stumble into you like that. And, uh, sorry, I'm trying to learn but I don't know how to read signs yet..."
Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 10, 2021, 02:31:29 pm »

Casimir - Training Room
Casimir just chuckles at Espresso's worry. "Ah, don't worry about it. I doubt you could hurt me much even if it was a much worse fall. How about you, I don't imagine she did but Headbanger didn't nick ya right?" Casimir leans to the sides to inspect the Cautus woman's neck.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 10, 2021, 06:28:42 pm »

Hooch - Training Area

"No luck?" Hooch asked, already having an inkling of the answer. "You know, I could always order her to go see you. She won't be happy, but needs must."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32