Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 19084 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2021, 11:56:41 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

Espresso nodded. "If you think it'll help! Should I maybe get a training stick or something so I don't accidentally hurt you...?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2021, 08:06:19 pm »

Spook - Medical Offices
Spook raises an eyebrow at the first few x-rays, discreetly inspecting Headbanger (after following the trail of disgruntled looking medical staff) after finding her again. If she notices, he basically inspects each notable area of infection as he shuffles through the images, subconsciously nodding once as he confirms that the infection matches what he sees before him. He's pleased that someone's managed to get her treatment, as evidenced by the last three x-rays, but he still wants to double check that said treatment is still working... and it's good to do an x-ray of his own, since he knows the ins and outs of his own machine better than an unfamiliar one, and can judge the minutiae of the resulting image far better. It's fairly evident that she dislikes being in here; although he recognizes her thorough inspection of the offices for what it is, her body language still gives off some signs of her discomfort.
<Alright, x-ray room is this way. I'll have you in and out in less than 10 minutes.> he promises, guiding her towards the machine. It's a nice one; one of the ones where you stand on a platform and then the x-ray itself can be moved to get a good look at any part of your body. True to his word, he gets what he needs and ushers her out the door within 8 minutes. Interestingly the machine seems fairly quiet, even to the enhanced hearing of the feline. Isn't that nifty?
After developing the x-rays, Spook meets Headbanger in an unused meeting room nearby since she seems uncomfortable in the sterile spaces of the medical offices.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2021, 01:02:31 am »

Casimir - Training area
The sarkaz nods in response. "Yeah, I'd rather not have some new holes made at the moment. Plenty of time for that later don't you think?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2021, 01:13:55 am »

Headbanger - Medical Offices

The diminutive infiltrator did her best to be cooperative, even pulling back her sleeves and pant legs slightly to let Spook get a glance at the crystals adorning the skin below. She held her tongue (so to speak) as he ran the machine over her. The scans didn't show any obvious differences at first glance, as she sat still and compliant save for irritable flicks of her tails. She made a small "mrr" noise as they left the office and she followed Spook into the meeting room. [At least you actually kept your promise. Anything new, or is this the part where you tell me to stop using my arts to haze people?] Her expression made it hard to tell whether it was a legitimate joke or not, despite the smile accompanying it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 28, 2021, 03:21:51 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

"Right, ok! I'll do that! I'll grab something for you while I do, might as well. You wait here?" Espresso said, before bolting off.

The cautus was certainly a fast one - it wasn't too long before she came back. She nearly ran right past the area she'd left Casimir, before backtracking. "Training baton, training spear... I think I got the right stuff." She handed a modestly sized wood rod to Casimir, keeping a rather long one with a blunted point for herself.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2021, 11:43:06 am »

Spook - Medical Offices
Spook makes the process quick and painless, nodding his thanks as he inspects her crystallization after running the x-rays.
He subconsciously echoes her 'mrr' with a brief 'mrrrp?' of his own, blinking as he realizes what he just did, but shaking it off. As they sit down in the meeting room, he gives her a quick once over, trying to gauge her mood. He's starting to learn to ignore what her mouth is doing, and focus on her eyes, ears, tail, and the tension in her body. His ears twitch slightly in response to her question; he's surprised she hasn't done anything to him, actually, although he's wise enough not to give her any ideas.
<As long as there are no injuries or misunderstandings that cause tension between you and the other operators, I don't mind if you haze people. I think I can understand why you do it, although not having been in the same circumstances you were, I won't claim to be sure I know your motives. Just... try not to break anymore of my staff's toys? They're expensive... and good help is hard to find.>
Spook relaxed tension that he hadn't even been aware of after Headbanger mentions her hazing; he'd been expecting her to try and mess with him at some point when they were away from all the others, seeing as he was pressuring her to do something she didn't want to do. But, perhaps not, which was a bit of a relief.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2021, 06:23:46 pm »

Casimir - Training area
The Sarkaz nodded, giving the baton a few practice swings before nodding. It was clearly a good fit, the admittedly brutish looking demonic man with a large hunk of wood perfect for bashing an unsuspecting enemy. Of course, that wasn't the point of this exercise and Velimir was well aware of that. He took up a loose and rather unprofessional stance as he put one hand in front of him and held his baton loosely in one hand. "Aright, tell me when you're ready and I'll come at you. Just try to keep me from getting to close right now, don't worry much about scoring a "kill"."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2021, 06:38:00 pm »

[I'll behave.] Her tails quirked into a sort of question-mark shape. [As long as they do.] She noted his relaxing; a part of her wanted to do something right then. If he was actually going to be coming on combat missions, he needed to keep his guard up better. For now, though, she wasn't particularly in the mood to harass people, despite her earlier joke. [I just want to make sure everyone's on their toes, yeah? This is dangerous work.]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2021, 01:57:41 pm »

Spook - Medical Offices
Spook relaxes properly for the first time since Espresso entered the armory, relieved that he’s not gonna have to worry about patching up the other operators... well, probably not, at least. His ears, having been stuck up straight and alert this whole time, droop back down to a more calm state as he nods understandingly at Headbanger. He doesn’t really approve, per-se, but her reasoning is honestly understandable, and so long as no one gets hurt...
<No, I think I understand what you’re doing. It’s the same reason why we train, why we do things like counter-boarding drills and why everyone’s gotta know how to at least apply a tourniquet and prevent bleed-out. It’s unlikely we’ll ever have to counter boarders, and, well, bleedout isn’t going to be a huge problem as long as I’m around. Doesn’t mean it’s not good to be ready just in case things don’t go to plan... because they almost never do.>
New to combat operations he may be, but naive he is not... or at least not as naive as his appearance would otherwise suggest.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 04, 2021, 08:33:17 pm »

Aquarius - Barracks

Tired from his long, land-based journey, Aquarius was more than content to throw his things on the first open bed he saw and lie down. He likely would have stayed content with that plan, but just as he was tossing his bag down, he caught a glimpse of movement in the corner of his eye. He shot a glance at the unknown newcomer. Their coat made it impossible to diacern their identity or purpose, immediately putting Aquarius on his guard. He resisted the urge to bare his teeth, recalling his promise to Kagura that he wouldn't start trouble. Instead he merely nodded in acknowledgement, ensuring the suspicious intruder knew they were not sneaking up on him.

Headroom - Barracks

Headroom raised a hand and waves at the person staring at him, hoping to not appear threatening. Well, as threatening as they can be given their size, anyways. Then they realized it was probably their huge hood that covers up most of their face. They briefly consider pulling the hood back a little, but decided against it.

"Um, hello. You're an Operator too?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2021, 03:25:40 am »

[Yup. That's all part of the fun.] She flashed a grin at him that seemed just a touch more genuine than her usual. [Any more poking and prodding to do or can I just grab my meds and go?] One of her tails drooped slightly at that, but it was a transient thing; she seemed to be in a decent mood at the moment. [I don't suppose you want me to throw you around the training room or something.]
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2021, 09:59:25 am »

Spook - Medical Offices
The catboy smiles back at her, pleased that she's not holding a grudge or anything.
<Nothing really required, no. Your meds are...> He'd produce the appropriate medications (there's 3-4 different pills, unfortunately), and toss them over to her, tail lashing with slight agitation. He doesn't like not being able to do anything about oripathy.
He'd smirk now, moving past it. <If it'd make you feel better, then absolutely. I'll be able to practice patching myself up, at least.> he'd 'say,' with respectable gallows humor. He's perfectly aware he's not gonna win a fight against her, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to try. Otherwise how will he get better?
<Let me just get something better suited for a fight. Meet you there?> Right now he's wearing a lab coat and the ragged t-shirt, clothing he'd been wearing at Cristofo. It's comfy, but not exactly fighting clothes.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2021, 07:34:38 pm »

Headbanger - Medical Offices -> Halls

The odd-eyed Feline nodded, slipping the medications into her case and ambling off cheerily despite herself. For a doctor, Spook was a surprisingly small pain in the ass. Didn't want to tell her what to do, didn't hem and haw over her case, didn't want to get her writing a will or confined to bedrest until she turned to dust. As she strolled, she slipped a knife out from somewhere in her clothing and began twirling it about idly, similar to what one might do with a set of keys. Maybe this will actually be the place. As long as I can grab a few sticks out of the necessary asses and the glowstick doesn't get too uppity, I can probably stay around.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 08, 2021, 10:51:55 am »

Spook - Medical Offices -> Dorms -> Halls

Spook rejoins Headbanger in the halls, having swapped out his singed lab coat and fraying t-shirt for a CES branded black and yellow hoodie, although he's retained his comfortable cargo pants. The most notable addition is a set of wristguards, each with a small originium crystal embedded in it. He was already wearing a wristband with a crystal as his focus, but these are sturdier, meant for combat rather than basic medical practices. He didn't see any need to confine Headbanger to bedrest as a result of her condition; it was clear that any requests for such would be futile anyways, and given her active nature, it seemed more likely to be detrimental to her health, rather than an improvement. Now, if she broke a leg, or something like that, that'd be something different, but it's clear she'd rather spend the time that she has left fighting for a cause, rather than just sitting around waiting to die. Not his place to deny her that, since late-stage Oripathy doesn't seem to be slowing her down. He'd feel some temptation to mention such, but he has a feeling she'll just punch him for being sentimental, or something like that. It probably isn't that deep, anyways.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #389 on: March 08, 2021, 01:06:04 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

Headbanger made a small "mrr" of acknowledgement as Spook caught up. One tail twitched in irritation afterward, while the other one remained calm and friendly. She looked over his choice of gear and nodded, apparently satisfied - if still curious about it. The mercenary continued to fiddle with her knife as they moved toward the training room together, either showing off or simply doing it as a way to substitute for stalking passerby.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32