Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 19344 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2021, 10:58:33 pm »

Hooch - Training Area

Hooch was tempted to get up and try to watch Headbanger and Spook spar, but thought better of it. Wouldn't do to hover around him all the time.

Instead, the Liberi went back out into the hall. There were a few people she hadn't talked to proper - Aquarius, Stasi, and Kagura, in particular. It ocurred to her that she hadn't actually checked out the barracks yet, so she headed down there.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 13, 2021, 01:39:06 pm »

Hallways

Blitzgott just so happened to be heading for the barracks himself when Hooch showed up. He raised a hand in greeting.

"What's this? Greetings once again to you, mighty Boss! How goes your Inspection of our mighty mobile Citadel? I was merely seeking out my Sanctuary so that I could meditate on the Cosmos for a time."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 01:41:12 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #407 on: March 13, 2021, 01:56:41 pm »

Headbanger - Training Room

The mercenary eyed Spook for a moment, clearly taking an assessment of his stance, his arts. She kept a languid, relaxed pose, as if she'd forgotten they were ready to spar at all.

The corner of her mouth quirked upward.

Headbanger set a hand on her hip, and a blast of pressure ripped upward from directly beneath Spook. She followed the blast up with a void in the air ahead and a corresponding blast wave behind. Headbanger herself kept low to the ground and moved laterally, circling in toward Spook as she assaulted him with rapid-fire Arts. She was watching and waiting, unsure of what exactly her opponent's own arts did but determined to set him off balance anyway. As soon as she knew, or he was completely disoriented, it would be over.

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2021, 02:31:11 pm »

Spook - Training Room

The nice thing about having access to everyone's training files is having a good idea of precisely what each operator can do.
While this does not by any stretch of the imagination mean Spook is prepared, it does mean that he knows what's happening as soon as it starts... not that it changes much.

The shadows pooled around his feet serve as a dampener for the initial blast wave, as well as to lock him into place. The main issue with HB's Arts is that Spook can't tell where the next blow will come from, and thus has to try and react to each one, which is never a winning formula. Indeed, while one of the blobs on his paws zooms backwards to serve as a shield for the second blow, the vacuum force of the pressure void ahead of him was entirely unexpected, and would've knocked him off his feet if they weren't already locked down.

As it is, he holds himself upright, just barely, but is already looking like he's not doing too hot. He doesn't even try to move, focusing all his thought on reacting quickly enough to her blows, and trying not to pass out from the effort of constantly shifting the characteristics of his 'shields' to counter the altering types of pressure blasts.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 13, 2021, 02:55:55 pm »

Hooch - Hallways

Hooch raised a hand in return upon seeing Blitzgott.

"Going well enough. Managed to run into some of the other operators. Glad to know you're taking a look around our new home, too. I, uh, never did get to hear the full story, though, did I?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2021, 04:59:50 pm »

Hallways

The oni nods eagerly and spins with a flourish, intending to walk as he talked. Bed was calling, after all.

"Ah yes, we were Interrupted by Headroom, were we not? Well, the tale begins much as any any other, I suppose. I was but a humble Engineer from the far-off--" (Blitzgott was guessing here, since he didn't exactly know where this landship was relative to the one he previously lived) "--land of Leithania, where I was born and raised. My family was well-off enough to send me to school, you see, and Machines fascinated me. My specialty was in defensive and surveillance machines, the sort that run via Arts. I'm sure you have seen the sort before.

"But lo!"
Blitzgott suddenly shouts, hands raised towards the ceiling. "Catastrophe struck! My city just barely got the warning in time, and was caught by the edge of the storm! All my defensive devices, useless to halt the bombardment of stones from the sky!"

The oni shuddered slightly, one hand moving to cover his eyepatch in a curiously un-dramatic way. "And that...is when it happened. I was seeking Shelter from the storm when a crystal the size of a car impacted upon the street in front of me. Pieces flew in every direction as the crystal shattered, and one flew directly for me. I can recall that moment vividly - the strange lights in the sky glinting off the crystal's facets; the screaming of terrified people; the gleaming point of the chunk as it flew, straight as an arrow, for my face. I felt certain that I was witnessing the end of my Life. In a way, I suppose it was, for when I awoke in the infirmary days later...I had Changed."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2021, 07:45:48 pm »

Kagura-Hallways

Wandering through an entire ship was a long and exhausting task, especially for someone like Kagura. It was even more exhausting when she was making a mental layout of the place as preparation for her later decorations. In fact, to anyone who happened to spot her in the hallways, it was clear to see that the Vulpo was immensely tired, walking with her shoulders drooping forward, yawning heavily as she tried making her way to the Barracks. Unfortunately, the barracks was still fairly far away from where she was now, and Kagura really needed a short nap.

... Well, she had slept in worse conditions. A metal wall would do for now. And so, letting out one final yawn, Kagura placed her case of art supplies next to the wall she planned to sleep on, right before curling up and practically passing out on the metal surface, resting her head upon her motionless arms.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2021, 09:41:39 pm »

Hooch - Hallways

The bartender simply nodded as the oni told his tale, frowning when Blitzgott mentioned the injury to his eye.

"Well... you survived. And now you're here..."

Any further ruminations were interrupted when the pair rounded a corner and came across a sleeping Vulpo.

"Uh..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #413 on: March 13, 2021, 11:45:31 pm »

A part of her felt a little bad. Spook wasn't some cocky merc hopped up on his own fumes, which made thrashing him rather less amusing than it could have been. It also wasn't really a chance to strut her own stuff; his inexperience in combat showed. Headbanger knew what exhaustion looked like, and she was quickly pushing Spook to that point. She considered slowing her assault, but that would be a disservice to the other feline.

The staccato bombardment continued, with her aiming three successive hammer-blow bursts of increasing intensity right at him. The fourth was followed shortly by an implosion just behind, aimed at pulling him backward off his feet. Headbanger did little more than concentrate on her Arts and walk toward Spook, abandoning the pretense of dodging and simply moving in for the "kill" of pinning him.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2021, 09:46:22 am »

Hallways

Blitzgott nodded eagerly, slipping back into his normal confident air.

"More than survived; I have thrived! My Arts are superior to what they were in the Before times, my focus and Will beyond that of mere mortals! Fear not, Boss, for I am hale and hearty. I shall not Fail you."

It was at this point that the two of them stumbled upon a sleeping figure. "What is this now? Another of our wayward Compatriots? Or perhaps an Invader! Shall I smite them, Boss?"

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2021, 02:20:42 pm »

Spook - Training Hall

If not for the fact that he was already exhausted, Spook might've thought to be proud that his planned counter for HB's Arts had actually worked pretty well. Unfortunately, he has no time for pleasant thoughts, considering he can barely stand.

Despite knowing damn well what Headbanger's attack pattern is by now, in his tired state of mind, he makes the mistake of combining the two shadows he's using as a shield to better weather the blows she launches at him. While the effect is enough to keep her blasts from doing anything more than battering him like a strong wind, this lapse of judgement proves costly, as the follow-up vacuum effect behind him is finally enough to knock him down.

The brief spike of adrenaline gives him enough awareness to release himself from the floor before he breaks his ankles, and the shadows at his feet flow upwards to cushion his fall as he flops down on the ground, managing to wobble to his feet, leaning drunkenly on a bit of rubble, determined to at least be on his feet when Headbanger actually reaches him. His eye is now looking decidedly rather muddy, more orange than the bright topaz yellow that it normally is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #416 on: March 14, 2021, 03:30:42 pm »

Headbanger

I think I've seen enough. Headbanger set off another pair of bursts almost on top of one another. The first had its epicenter right behind Spook's head; not enough to damage, but it was still an explosion happening inches away from your ears. The second was just behind herself as she stepped into motion, darting forward at the medic. Her legs moved ahead of her torso as she swept at Spook's footing with one leg, aiming to cut his feet from under him and secure her victory.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 14, 2021, 07:36:00 pm »

Spook

The explosion has the desired effect, stunning Spook and sending him cringing forwards, paws and shadows moving quickly to his abused ears (and repairing any damage that might’ve been done to his sensitive ear-drums.) The follow-up leg sweep puts the feline on the ground with a surprisingly soft thud, his shadows managing to just barely cushion the fall.

For a moment, it looks as though Spook is down for the count. However, he reaches out and latches on one of Headbanger’s ankles, one of his shadows immediately crawling up and covering her leg. There’s just enough time for the leg to go painfully numb and for HB to be concerned, before Spook promptly passes out, having gone deathly pale (relative to his normal complexion) as all his shadows melt back into his true shadow, where they belong.

While numbing someone doesn’t take much energy, Spook was pretty much already done before he tried that, and really probably shouldn’t have kept going, judging by the fact that he looks more grey than he does brown, at the moment. On the bright side, HB didn’t do that to him, he did it to himself, so he’ll probably be fine.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:09:07 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2021, 12:38:43 pm »

She'd been fully prepared to lecture Spook after knocking him over, but that last move was unexpected. Ignoring the pins and needles in her leg, she snapped her fingers in the other Feline's face twice, smile slipping as her ears laid back with worry. She moved to start lifting him into a sitting position; her attempts to go any further were visibly difficult.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2021, 03:00:08 pm »

Spook

While Spook doesn’t show any sign of reacting to HB’s finger snaps, he does start to shift tiredly as she props him up against one of the walls, groggily trying to push her away when she tries to get him on his feet. When he finally opens his eye, it’s now a decidedly orange color, a rather drastic shift from its usual crystal yellow. Still, while he’s not particularly set to move anywhere, he doesn’t seem to be in any danger, instead rubbing at his temples as he blearily focused on Headbanger. After taking a few seconds to pull himself together, he manages to murmur reassurance to the two-tailed Feline that he’ll be alright, as sign language seems like too much effort, and she should be close enough to hear him.

”Aeugh... I think I’ll be fine, as long as no one has a medical emergency today. I’m sorry... wanted to do something other than stand there and eat shit.”

His ears sag against his hair, which has escaped its ponytail at some point and is drifting back towards the front of his head to cover the Originium lesions where his right eye would be as he hangs his head, too tired to do much other than sit there and rest. Even in his sleep his tail is normally twitching, but it’s just sitting on the ground next to him now, lifeless.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 08:09:27 pm by Redjive_Industries »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32