Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 19340 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2021, 10:05:08 pm »

Headbanger - Training Room

Espresso was saved from an irritated sigh by Headbanger's preexisting expectation of her response. <You did alright. Just need to stay more aware of your surroundings.> She looked over the tablet to ensure the cautus caught her smile; she was attempting to be genuine. <A merc needs to be ready for that kind of stuff at all times. The ones that aren't tend to not get very much job experience, if you catch my drift.> She waved a dismissive hand at Espresso. <And don't worry too hard about the signs. It's not your problem.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2021, 10:40:27 am »

Headroom - Armory

Headroom had run in with Hooch when the explosion sounded out, possibly out of instinctual curiosity (and no sense of self-preservation). When they had found that, disappointingly, it was just an equipment mishap, they stuck awkwardly around in the back hoping to not be noticed as they tried to formulate some kind of introduction, perhaps network a little? They must have gotten lost in their thoughts because when they came to they were alone in the armory.

Oh.

They decided to snoop around on the equipment available. Loaned from Karlan, it looks like. When they decided there wasn't much insight they could glean from just staring at weaponry, they sighed and wandered off to get a bite to eat.

With a disappointing serving of MRE in their belly, the Zalak suddenly realized how dazed they were from not eating for a day or so. That's... normal, right? They head back to the Barracks.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:53:31 pm by hops »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2021, 12:20:53 pm »

Espresso - Training Room

"Right! Awareness! I'll have to work on that!" Espresso says, nodding vigorously. "You're, uh, one of the new ones, right? Headbanger I think? I'm Myr- uh, Espresso, yeah. Kind of awkward but nice to meet you!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2021, 08:36:55 pm »

Spook - Training Area
A handful of gestures that did not require an understanding of sign language to process accompanied by a scowl in the general direction of the firing range confirmed Hooch's suspicions that the Ursus had not paid much attention to Spook. He waved off the offer to order Stasi to go to the medbay, and signaled that he was going to read her resume first and then decide what to do after that. Exiting the room he was in, he passed by the other three mercs, pausing briefly as he tried to figure out what was going on. Then he perked up, realizing that this would be a good opportunity to try to get Headbanger into the medbay. Waving to get her attention, he conveyed his request to her as he passed out the door, hoping that if he just acted like she would follow him then she wouldn't think to not do so.           

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2021, 06:50:41 pm »

Headbanger - Training Area -> Halls

Headbanger watched the other Feline walk out of the room, sighing as the door closed behind him. She visibly considered whether to acknowledge his request at all, then sighed. <He's just going to be up my ass if I don't follow him over, isn't he?> The infiltrator rolled her eyes. <I gotta go take care of this. Good to meet you too, Espresso, I'll have to shoot you a few songs sometime.>

A few moments later, she was moving out into the halls herself, following after Spook. She snapped her fingers, creating a disproportionately loud crack aimed at drawing his attention. [My medical condition is fine. The doctors already bothered me enough when I was touring earlier, what do you want?]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2021, 07:18:00 am »

Aquarius - Barracks

Tired from his long, land-based journey, Aquarius was more than content to throw his things on the first open bed he saw and lie down. He likely would have stayed content with that plan, but just as he was tossing his bag down, he caught a glimpse of movement in the corner of his eye. He shot a glance at the unknown newcomer. Their coat made it impossible to diacern their identity or purpose, immediately putting Aquarius on his guard. He resisted the urge to bare his teeth, recalling his promise to Kagura that he wouldn't start trouble. Instead he merely nodded in acknowledgement, ensuring the suspicious intruder knew they were not sneaking up on him.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 25, 2021, 06:25:54 pm »

Casimir - Training Area
The large Sarkaz waves goodbye to Headbanger as she leaves before righting himself and the smaller woman. "Like I said, don't take much of what she does personally. Or at least, she'll let you know if you should. So, how's the spear working out for you? I take it you're liking it fine since you haven't gone for something else." He points to the polearm with a look of genuine curiosity.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 25, 2021, 07:37:05 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

Espresso dusted herself off, jumping back to her cheery self. "Got it! I'll try to make friends with her since we're working together and all. The spear's doing ok so far, I think. It's longer than I'm used to kinda, but it's not too heavy. It's probably better for me to keep the bad guys far away, too. I think I just need some more practice."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 25, 2021, 09:10:16 pm »

Headbanger - Training Area -> Halls

Headbanger watched the other Feline walk out of the room, sighing as the door closed behind him. She visibly considered whether to acknowledge his request at all, then sighed. <He's just going to be up my ass if I don't follow him over, isn't he?> The infiltrator rolled her eyes. <I gotta go take care of this. Good to meet you too, Espresso, I'll have to shoot you a few songs sometime.>

A few moments later, she was moving out into the halls herself, following after Spook. She snapped her fingers, creating a disproportionately loud crack aimed at drawing his attention. [My medical condition is fine. The doctors already bothered me enough when I was touring earlier, what do you want?]

Spook - Halls
The feline's ears twitch irritably as he jumps a good foot and a half into the air, cupping his ears protectively as he turns to Headbanger, looking rather disgruntled by the sudden bang. After waiting a few seconds to make sure she wasn't about to make any more noise without warning him, he lowers his hands to rapidly sign at her, evidently fed up by Stasi... otherwise he'd probably at least make some effort to be more polite.
<I really don't care if someone else has had a look at you, that some is not me, and they might've missed something that I wouldn't. I don't want one of you guys dropping dead because of an allergy I didn't know about, or collapsing halfway through a fight because of some lung issue the other doctors missed, or, or- or something, I don't know. There's just no replacement for doing it myself, okay? So could you just... just humor me, please?>
Perhaps realizing that he had unfairly taken out some of his frustration on the Headbanger, who was just asking a question, Spook shifts from irritated to cajoling as he runs out of steam part of the way through his rant. As he finishes, he clasps his hands together, in a somewhat apologetic 'begging' gesture, waiting for the feline's response.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 25, 2021, 09:58:50 pm »

Espresso - Training Area

Espresso dusted herself off, jumping back to her cheery self. "Got it! I'll try to make friends with her since we're working together and all. The spear's doing ok so far, I think. It's longer than I'm used to kinda, but it's not too heavy. It's probably better for me to keep the bad guys far away, too. I think I just need some more practice."
Casimir - Training hall
Velimir nods, thinking for a moment on the idea. After a moment he nods to himself. "Well do you want to do some sparring? I could go grab a baton so you can get used to having a range advantage and how to counter someone getting in close."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #370 on: February 25, 2021, 10:21:29 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

[Look.] She paused to take a breath, but it came out as more of a huff. [I've had all the exams. You're not going to learn anything new. I know I'm dying. You don't need to tell me.] The slight smile on her face got more disturbing by the moment; the rest of her expression was clearly upset, yet she forced it to remain nonetheless. [I've got a large crystal lesion on my brain, my tendons and ligaments are starting to crystallize, and my blood levels are dangerous. My lungs have shadows over them and there's general biological destabilization, and all this is barely held off by medicine I can't afford. I don't have any allergies and my joints are in good shape.] She paused again, taking a deeper breath and smoothing her expression out. [So I know everything, and now you do too. Good, right?]
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2021, 10:47:13 am »

Spook - Halls
Although the feline has the good grace to look embarrassed as Headbanger reads out her medical issues, he doesn't waste the opportunity to take down some notes to verify against her medical reports later. Doctor's are pretty good at reading emotions, and once she's done listing her symptoms he visibly softens, shifting from business mode to apologetic smol cat, genuinely feeling bad, as he hadn't quite realized her symptoms had progressed as far as that.
<Look, I'm sorry, most people... most people just don't keep track of their own medical issues. I'm so used to most of those infected with oripathy being people from Cristofo, so I just sorta assumed you got unlucky.> Spook would tap at the fringe hanging over his right eye, right about where the crystal that infected him is, as he himself got pretty damn unlucky. He thought her severe symptoms were a result of a poorly placed initial infection, rather than extremely late stage oripathy.
He's tempted to pat her shoulder or hug her or something, but he's not sure how well she'd take that, so he ends up just sort of awkwardly reaching out and then shifting into spreading out his arms apologetically, ears drooping with faint shame. Do No Harm applies to the emotional state of those in his care too, and while he would still have pressed her for a physical even if he'd known that it would end up like this, that doesn't mean he doesn't feel like a terrible person for doing so. Still...
<...can I at least give you an x-ray? Hearing about it isn't the same as seeing it, and it's good to compare where you are now to where you were last time you spoke to a doctor.>
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:02:01 am by Redjive_Industries »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2021, 05:42:27 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

Headbanger stepped back sharply as Spook reached out, tails snapping back and forth, though she didn't actually say anything to him. They lashed once more when he asked her again, but instead of storming off or getting hostile, she just pouted for a moment. [Fine. It's not gonna kill me, I guess.] The pout stayed in place despite her acquiescence. [Just tell me what I actually need to know instead of writing out a whole life care plan for me and trying to send flowers to my family or something. I've heard it all.] She narrowed her eyes slightly. [And don't even think about keeping that look on your face. Things aren't as bad as they sound and even if they were, you don't need to get hung up worrying about me. I didn't get this far on pity.]
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2021, 07:15:43 pm »

Spook - Halls -> Medical Offices
The feline does his best to straighten up and stop looking sad, but he feels sorry more for taking out his anger with Stasi on Headbanger than for her condition; they're pretty much all dying of oripathy, so it's not exactly news or even a huge surprise. What's left of his forlorn expression is fairly clearly directed at himself, rather than her. He'd pinch the bridge of his nose, sighing, as she angrily signs at him. <Yes, yes, you're a strong independent woman. You said it yourself, others have already taken a look at you. I just want to make sure nothing unusual has happened since then. And... yeah. Uhm. Sorry.>
He falters near the end again, wilting a little under the force of her two toned glare. He rubs at his throat subconsciously, and leads her into the medical offices. Spook abandons her for a few seconds to go dig around for her medical files, coming out with a series of X-ray images showing the progression of her oripathy over different periods of time.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2021, 10:04:11 pm »

Headbanger - Medical Offices

Spook found a spotty, but still more or less complete history. It was clear that her oripathy had gone untreated for a long time before the first scan, and the succeeding ones had inconsistent gaps between them. The main area of progression had been her wrists and ankles; the change in imaging was subtle, but still notable as the crystals penetrated her skin and shadows started to develop in the surrounding tissue. Other than this, however, she'd been telling the truth; her condition was stable in a certain sense, with almost no change between the last three sets of x-rays.

Headbanger, meanwhile, found herself wandering about the offices, receiving the occasional glare from staff who had lost glassware to her earlier visit. She started casing the area for bolt-holes and exits out of habit, peering about and distracting herself for her distaste for where she actually was.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32