Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: EVERSTEAD - A 3D homestead sandbox game! - Alpha Demo Now Available!  (Read 2523 times)

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello all! Hope everyone's keeping well at this time ><.

Been playing sandbox genre games for years now but due to the pandemic decided to take the time to work on my own projects for a bit so I'm working on Everstead! Don't know if it will appeal to a few :).

UPDATE: ALPHA DEMO RELEASE!

https://eversteadgame.itch.io/release

What is Everstead?

In short Everstead is a 3D homestead sandbox game set in the world of Prosperity. You start with nothing and build a life in the wilderness, chopping trees, mining rocks, crafting and building. The goal in the game isn't just to survive though its to thrive.

Current Feature List

-Explore the map of Evergreen Lakes!

-Harvest natural resources to craft building materials and objects!

-Choose a plot of land to start building your homestead!

-Manage your characters needs including, health, hunger, thirst, energy, joy, hygiene and bathroom!

-No hoards of monsters here...but don't die...its permanent!

So that's it for now, I'll link the itch.io page as I'm hoping to release a free demo once I get the remaining basics implemented, but the videos on there are from the YouTube page if you're interested in a bit of the behind the scenes development work.

Any questions I'll try my best to answer, but thanks for your time!

Nytician.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:00:50 pm by Nytician »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: EVERSTEAD - A 3D homestead sandbox game! - Coming 2021! - In theory...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 09:25:27 am »

Is the map fixed or randomly generated?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 09:54:13 am »

PTW. Looks interesting!

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 06:47:19 am »

Thanks for your comments! Yeah fixed map, you build on lots placed around the map which means resources respawn around you and the landscape can be updated without affecting save games.

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:19:43 pm »

Just released Making Everstead Update 2 which covers a few of the new features and gives an overview of the game if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xUbkHjKmnk

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:27:22 pm by Nytician »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:24:49 pm »

I must say, I really like how the buildings look!

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EVERSTEAD - A 3D homestead sandbox game! - Video Update 2 Released!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 03:48:34 pm »

Thanks ;), yeah starting wooden then adding new building styles down the line!

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EVERSTEAD - A 3D homestead sandbox game! - Video Update 2 Released!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 06:12:44 pm »

New Development Log Update with Parkour & more :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVSDmqdTKBA

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good evening everyone!

After many, many hours of work I am really pleased to announce my first ever release of Everstead, the Alpha Demo!

I'm really excited to have something for people to try and would really appreciate it if you get a chance to check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

https://eversteadgame.itch.io/release

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EVERSTEAD - A 3D homestead sandbox game! - Alpha Demo Now Available!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 04:01:33 pm »

Can't install, my anti-virus(Avast) is being very... insistent that it contains ransomware. Of course I doubt that's the case, but it still won't let me run the installer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 04:10:23 pm »

Ok interesting thank you sorry about that, is that the .exe one or the .zip file? I will reupload the zip file without the exe installer.

Thanks for letting me know!

Nytician.

EDIT: Reuploaded the zip file which is just the game not the .exe installer!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:14:52 pm by Nytician »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 06:29:25 pm »

Ran for a few seconds before it suddenly closed, and my antivirus is blocking me from running again. It does this despite adding Everstead.exe to the ignore list.

PRE-EDIT: Worked after adding it to an entirely separate ignore list.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 11:25:14 pm »

It's a charming little game.

Sometimes the tutorials clear too fast, so I miss some of the text.

I don't know how to save and exit.  Only way out I can see is to alt-tab-close, which doesn't save progress.

I can't complete the tutorial because I have no idea how to get the fiber to get the cotton for the bed.  I can't seem to find anything that gets it.  Maybe the refuse pile? EDIT: Nope, I finally found the cotton balls, a plant with white balls.  Thankfully, I knew that cotton fibers (which are shown as a string in the create menu) started life as balls, otherwise I might not have figured it out.

Nytician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 03:36:38 am »

Ok thanks for your feedback both!

Ran for a few seconds before it suddenly closed, and my antivirus is blocking me from running again. It does this despite adding Everstead.exe to the ignore list.

PRE-EDIT: Worked after adding it to an entirely separate ignore list.

Sorry you've been having issues there, I did reupload a non installer version with just the raw exported .exe file, is the top part of your comment from after the 'PRE-EDIT' or did you get it working in the end? Not sure what to suggest on that front as the .exe is the only option for export, but let me know and I'll look into it! Thanks!

It's a charming little game.

Sometimes the tutorials clear too fast, so I miss some of the text.

I don't know how to save and exit.  Only way out I can see is to alt-tab-close, which doesn't save progress.

I can't complete the tutorial because I have no idea how to get the fiber to get the cotton for the bed.  I can't seem to find anything that gets it.  Maybe the refuse pile? EDIT: Nope, I finally found the cotton balls, a plant with white balls.  Thankfully, I knew that cotton fibers (which are shown as a string in the create menu) started life as balls, otherwise I might not have figured it out.

Hey thanks for trying it! Glad you managed to see the tutorial prompts in the end, I will look at ensuring the message window stays open until you have completed the tutorial as you're not the first person to miss it! As for the cotton plants I will amend the tutorial to explicitly tell the user where to look.

Ongoing WIP so hopefully I can continue to improve those aspects, really appreciate the time you guys spent playing the game! I'll try and hotfix those issues after I get a bit more feedback and release an updated version!

Thanks!