Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What are you doing for Christmas? (2020 edition)  (Read 1316 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What are you doing for Christmas? (2020 edition)
« on: December 24, 2020, 02:36:32 pm »

As I did the previous year and the preceding ones, I would like to ask fellow member what do they plan to do for Christmas, especially with COVID.

As for me and my family, we plan to eat together, albeit without our relatives from abroad because of the COVID quarantines.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing for Christmas? (2020 edition)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 03:06:10 pm »

No idea, either going for a walk or LARPing as a burrito all day depending on how the mood goes. I've been invited to family dinner but I'd kinda rather gnaw off my own arm than attend, luckily I think they accept this. I'd decorate the chickens in tinsel but I think they'd eat it. -.-

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 03:13:10 pm »

Normally right now - as in at this very moment! - I'd be at the traditional Christmas Eve meeting of the clan[1]. That's off (and the likely attendees spread all the way across various bits of country, one or two 'lucky' not to also be dug into a foxhole abroad).

Instead, I'm here visiting someone in a bubble that I've consistently maintained since the start of the whole thing, and we're watching University Challenge (having just watched Richard Osman's House Of Games) and this will probably be the limit of my (physical) associations for the next couple of weeks (which I don't personally consider a bad thing, don't worry), saving any retail I end up subjecting myself to.

(If the weather is good, there may be a drive out to somewhere in the next day or three, off the beaten track, just for the bubble.)

[1] Not quite so literally. And it's the 'clan' that consists of the people who variously married into my Dad's sister's side of the family and now consists of those who would be considered his great-great nephews and nieces now with four or five different surnames, absolutely none of them mine. (Assuming it was their turn to attend this do and not their spouses' versions of the season, which obviously doesn't always synchronise with the others). And, if anything, I'm the one who is the Nth cousin (M-times removed). But it's still family, and there's nobody from my maternal side that I know to be closer, so it's - normally - my perrenial meetup.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 03:13:43 pm »

xmas eve:  Working.

Xmas day: Going to work, and making baked goodies.

Day after Xmas: Horrible online training.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 03:36:45 pm »

Immediate family is getting together tonight to exchange gifts, but other than that we didn't have much planned.  Even if not for the coronavirus we probably wouldn't be doing much since my mom was recently diagnosed with cancer.  That's meant that I've had to help more with cooking and other preparation, but I don't mind.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 04:57:00 pm »

Roughly sod all, as it should be in the middle of a bloody plague, more or less. Which ain't bad, really...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 05:16:35 pm »

Over here we celebrate Christmas on the Eve, so I already did my thing for 2020. Had dinner with my parents as usual, though without my brother or any other relations from far away this year. Forced their dog to wear the santa suit she got as a puppy and no longer fits in:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crossposting the rest from the Happy Thread since I posted it there before I noticed this thread:

Good Yule everyrone! Here is my sum-up of this years christmas dinner.

Dinner secured for the next week at least ;) Merry Christmas!
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 05:18:14 pm »

Spending day 32 without social contact and looking forward to the next day because maybe my presents will be at the post office :V

I'm trying to get myself on the idea of "doing something." I'm sure I'll write at least one Mafia post.

I know I'm being depressing. Sorry, kids. I'm very depressed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 05:47:13 pm »

Staying home with mom and eating halupkis. Dad and brother are visiting too.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2020, 05:50:33 pm »

Spending this one alone at home. Visiting my mother was cancelled due to lack of COVID-safe transport.

Usually I just buy a lot of pre-cooked christmas food. Well, not this time. Lots of baking, lots of cooking. Probably spent around 15 hours combined today and yesterday.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 06:24:52 pm »

Roughly sod all, as it should be in the middle of a bloody plague, more or less. Which ain't bad, really...
This
No idea, either going for a walk or LARPing as a burrito all day depending on how the mood goes. I've been invited to family dinner but I'd kinda rather gnaw off my own arm than attend, luckily I think they accept this. I'd decorate the chickens in tinsel but I think they'd eat it. -.-
Mood!!

I had long chats with, eh, let's just say three parents over the phone.  It was a good day.  I saw them last week.  I'm not seeing them now, and I did my best to politely explain why they're risking their lives.

But mostly... just chilled and chatted.  Caught up.  It's good to listen to their stuff, you know?  There's something lovely about listening to someone's problems, prodding them on, and not only making their day a little better... also reinforcing a connection.  It's good for me, too.

For Christmas I'm... probably going to try to source alcohol, to be frank, because I have a problem and I didn't plan properly.  But maybe not.  This was a good day.
REMOTELY
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2020, 07:29:30 pm »

If you only add some herring to your boozing you can claim to be wordly by broadening your horizons and partaking in Swedish traditions
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 07:37:04 pm »

I legit want to taste bog fish!  You f'ing weirdos Scandinavian friends!
A fish rotted in the murk, hit me up, let's do this someday.  I want to know its taste.

But here for Christmas, we are here together.  Christmas, Saturnalia, this is the darkest night.
And we can grasp hands and get through it together.  I don't hate any of you.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2020, 12:00:12 am »

Among other things, I took down some mammoths in Carnivores Ice Age and played the Ice Age scenario in Zoo Tycoon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2020, 12:05:59 am »

Well.. It's christmas eve. 1hr until midnight.

I am working long-term care by myself.

Merry christmas everyone.
Pages: [1] 2