Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [IC]  (Read 7696 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« on: December 25, 2020, 11:11:42 pm »

OOC

VANGUARD HEROES

It's a sunny day. You're inside a building with a group of people. Their race is very diverse. You look anywhere in the room but there was nothing around except the floor you're standing on and a podium. So far to your knowledge, you applied for a job in the name of Vanguard Heroes Initiative. The application appointed you to arrive at this current location and time. The people around you kept their distance from you though they seem more amused than they are afraid of you. After a short period of awkward moment, A person reach into the podium on the stage and begin to talk.

"Attention, Attention, Good day everyone. Today i would thank the lord for allowing us to gather here today. Our sponsors are very happy with our work, and our stock has been on the rising since last week. I also  would like to say that my daughter's birth day is going to be 3 days from now and i would like to invite some of you to the birthday party bring your family with you and..." A blonde elf in a suit take his time to express himself, His voice was loud enough that he doesn't need any audio enhancement tool to make him as loud as he is now.

"...Pstt Pstt.." A sunglasses lady from behind approach him and whisper something to his ear.

"Oh right, The Volunteers. Er... Well everyone. Since the government is afraid of this world being overtaken by the dark forces and the great hero is off somewhere. We created the Vanguard Initiative to combat the dark forces or so to speak. Those idiots actually believe this whole Vanguard Heroes thing, What an easy mone-"

"... Pstt.." She mumbled

"Oh yeah, These are the people... Or at least some of them are people... i assume.. Are the representative of this very company. THE VANGUARD HEROES!... " He shift his tone of voice.

"Ehm.. The Vanguard Heroes is our front line of defense. They are tasked with difficult challenges in order to ensure mankind's safety. The Vanguard Heroes are here to prevent us from the path of destruction. We shall pray for our representative success and hope they will stay alive during their time of duty" Ludcix shouts in an encouraging tone. There was nothing but dead silence for period of seconds. The sunglasses lady then whip out her wand and wave her hand around until it start forming a glowing text that's written, 'Applause'

The crowd then begins to cheer and applause in excitement for the Vanguard Heroes presence in this very moment. The amount of noise it created rumbles the building.

Characters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 11:16:05 pm by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 11:31:46 pm »

Phobic hovered in place at its current location. It noted that Ludcix appeared to be making light of the very organization that they were supposed to be in charge of... And was not particularly careful with his words. Phobic seemed unimpressed with him.

Spoiler: Opinions (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 11:41:35 pm »

Portalis is in the back of the room, standing against a wall with arms crossed, smirking in mild amusement at the ceremony.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 12:03:53 am »

Ben puts his arm up, glad his face is behind a mask and his kids won't have to see this at school.  It's fine if they want to talk about their hero dad, but best not to embarass the kiddos.

..well, not more than they can handle, he thinks, smiling.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 02:14:13 am »

Mathel just nods knowingly.
They are new after all, so there is no reason why that elf dude should believe in them. If the need arises, Mathel believes they will prove the elf wrong.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 03:20:42 am »

The Blond dwarf whispers something to his weapon, then chuckles at his own joke. He waves heartily at the obedient crowd.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 08:08:07 am »

Dr. Goldstine wasn't to sure how to feel about their host, or the current situation after the way the host belittled the origination he just joined.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 11:31:06 am »

Arte is just standing there arms behind her back, swaying, wondering why they are here, smiling.
Her eyes stare at the loud blond man.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 06:41:20 am »

Arte is just standing there arms behind her back, swaying, wondering why they are here, smiling.
Her eyes stare at the loud blond man.

"Erm.. I feel like the air around me is pretty hostile... THATS OKAY! I KNOW YOU'RE EAGER TO FIGHT THE EVIL AND FOR THAT WE MUST COMMEND YOU! TODAY WE ARE FACING GREAT CRISIS AGAINST 3 ENTITIES THAT THREATENS OUR VERY EXISTENCE! WE NEED YOU!" Ludcix Calmly says.

[Pick A Quest System]
[To start the journey, you and your team need to choose which quest you want to advance first. The following Quest are:]

1. Confront Dark Lord
Dark lord plans to destroy the world soon enough. Every world leader declared to reward anyone capable of taking down this menace. He was last seen inside the forest, east from this city. The Vanguard Heroes needs to find out where his whereabouts and track him before his plan to conquer the world come to fruition.

2. Giant Sighting
There's an information according to a villager who travels around the swamp, that he have witnessed a giant monster inside a cave deep inside that same swamp. The rumor suggest that the monster's body grow rapidly every single day. While not hostile, the villagers afraid that it could start attacking or the body will eventually grew larger that it would destroy the village anyway. It's not known the identity or where this monster came from. The Vanguard Heroes tasked to find out and take care of this monster's deal.

3. Cult Threat
The root of all evil that spreads around this world at a constant rate is caused by a certain cult that keeps pushing their religions and beliefs to frail and weak people whom they take advantage of. We've gathered an intel regarding the location where they brainwash people. The Vanguard Heroes are tasked to bomb the orphanage.

4. ? ? ?
The world of eternia is vast and rich. There are still places in this world that have yet been discovered. The most infamous place that no cartographer or any explorer dare to tread is called 'The Abstract'. From about 2.755.923 people who have entered The Abstract, only 3 people survives who went mentally unstable. The only information we gather from them are incoherent such as 'Prrt Prrt Dkk'. The Vanguard Heroes are tasked to uncover what is hidden inside The Abstract.

[Vote which quest you'd like to do first?]
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 07:02:45 am »

"I don't think we're strong enough yet to go after the dark lord, so we should go after one of the weaker things and I say we start with the giant first, as I'm not sure how comfortable I am with blowing up an orphanage."
Vote to kill the giant.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 09:18:24 am »

Cult Threat

"He wouldn't lie right? Ah, best prep."

Roll the Ancient Artifact for Summon: RMB

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 10:00:11 am »

"I agree with the Coat Guy."

Vote for killing the giant.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 01:29:11 pm »

Phobic votes against option 4.

This is the only one of the four options that does not appear to be getting worse over time, and thus should be the lowest priority.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 03:17:16 pm »

"Confronting the Dark Lord sounds like fun, but I can understand if some aren't up for the task." Portalis gives a smug chuckle, still relaxed against the back wall. "I guess we can go for the giant, or the cult."

[Preference 1 -> 2/3 -> 4]
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 03:26:08 pm »

1. Confront Dark Lord
Dark lord plans to destroy the world soon enough. Every world leader declared to reward anyone capable of taking down this menace. He was last seen inside the forest, east from this city. The Vanguard Heroes needs to find out where his whereabouts and track him before his plan to conquer the world come to fruition.

" 'es so close to town I can taste 'em. We should probably axe da guy 'efore 'e sneaks away to a well guarded fortress or somethin'."

2. Giant Sighting
There's an information according to a villager who travels around the swamp, that he have witnessed a giant monster inside a cave deep inside that same swamp. The rumor suggest that the monster's body grow rapidly every single day. While not hostile, the villagers afraid that it could start attacking or the body will eventually grew larger that it would destroy the village anyway. It's not known the identity or where this monster came from. The Vanguard Heroes tasked to find out and take care of this monster's deal.

"If gettin' big and bein' a monster is a crime we should start by hanging out the chapel in me home town and slap irons on all the newlywed brides. Mebbe a problem if 'e actually gets big enough to smash the village just by 'anging out but thas a problem for later."

3. Cult Threat
The root of all evil that spreads around this world at a constant rate is caused by a certain cult that keeps pushing their religions and beliefs to frail and weak people whom they take advantage of. We've gathered an intel regarding the location where they brainwash people. The Vanguard Heroes are tasked to bomb the orphanage.

"Was a cult gonna do with a legion o' orphans? It ain't right ta take advantage of tha weak, but that weak ain't exactly high priority threats."

4. ? ? ?
The world of eternia is vast and rich. There are still places in this world that have yet been discovered. The most infamous place that no cartographer or any explorer dare to tread is called 'The Abstract'. From about 2.755.923 people who have entered The Abstract, only 3 people survives who went mentally unstable. The only information we gather from them are incoherent such as 'Prrt Prrt Dkk'. The Vanguard Heroes are tasked to uncover what is hidden inside The Abstract.

"Carvin' out the great unknown is just tha kind of thing Elizabeth loves. Can't get much vanguardier than that."

Vote Potion 1
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10