Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [IC]  (Read 7720 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2021, 04:06:12 pm »

Ow.

Arte snaps out of dreaming.

"Blue, push that shield back with a flood into the giant! Tackle it"!

Levitate self up for vantage, prep sniper to fire at the shield-thing. Timing: when it gets above the maw of the giant. Use recoil to get back.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2021, 04:11:44 pm »

(Edited my orders as it looks like a shot might lead to both pets being dead.)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2021, 11:02:09 pm »

Portalis glances at Jhuni, raising an eyebrow. "Explode? Well that would be inconvenient."

Cast Lesser Domination on the Shield Mati and have it jump into the giant's maw.

Portalis tries to take control of the shield mati's mind with his spell. Unfortunately the creature's mind was too difficult to control. It's as if someone else is also controlling it. However, Portalis still manages to immobilize the creature from moving from it's current spot.

(By thought to Phobic and Jhuni)<Shit. If we kill them both, he will release it. Please, remind the others.>

Mathel casts liquify on Face Torso, then starts running around the beacons.

Mathel does so and made face torso stuck on the ground. Both of them are currently held in place for the time being.

Phobic maintains/reconjures a Fear Animus of Zic from Face Torso, and instructs it to command the Shield Mati to stop fighting!

Phobic conjures another Zic's projection from face torso's mind. Phobic intended to use it to command shield mati. However, Face torso went berserk once more from the illusion. Face torso smashed zic's projection into the ground. It hurt itself in confusion and causing another debris to hit anyone nearby.
Face Torso: [-6HP]
Shield Mati: [-1HP]
Blue rat: [-1HP]

Ow.

"Blue, push that shield back with a flood into the giant! Tackle it"!

Levitate self up for vantage, prep sniper to fire at the shield-thing. Timing: when it gets above the maw of the giant. Use recoil to get back.

Thanks to portalis, attacking the Shield Mati is easier now. The blue rat tries to use water geyser and tackle to push shield mati inside the giant's mouth. While doing so, Arte aim from above and fired her plasma rifle to eliminate shield mati while it's inside the giant's mouth. This plan would have worked if the blue rat was strong enough to push shield mati inside the giant's mouth. The shield mati is still barely outside of the giant's mouth. SMati: [-7HP]

Ben steps away, into the zap beacon area and fires his gun at the giant.

His strange weapon cuts into the floor around him. With chop after chop he swiftly works to cut a chunk of the ground below him - something suitable to throw into the creature's mouth.

"Well this isn't the best situation to be in, we kill em they explode and release the giant thing, we don't they kill us, guess we have to find some other way to do this."
Dr. Goldstine starts throwing yet more rocks into the giants mouth.

After being attacked previously, it detects other projectile that coming towards it's direction as a sign of hostility. Shield Mati uses it's last remaining energy in rage. The shield mati created a pull force greater than before. It's as if gravity was pointing towards it. Shield mati cast [Greater Pull] and use itself as the epicenter. Everyone is getting caught by it while Gax alone was pushed so hard, he's almost sent into the elevator where he came from. The objects thrown by everyone failed to reach it's destination and instead all of them hit the shield mati in the process, causing it to take more damage along the way.

Shield Mati: [-10HP]

Meanwhile, everyone else was brought to where the shield mati is. Because of the water, the zap beacon reacted to it and zap everyone in the area and damage them in the process.

Arte: [-2HP]
Phobic: [-2HP]
Jhuni: [-2HP]
Mathel: [-2HP]
Ben: [-2HP]
Portalis: [-2HP]
Goldstein: [-2HP]
Blue rat: [-2HP]
Face Torso: [-2HP]
Shield Mati: [-2HP]

The zap killed Face torso after electrocuting it until it's flesh and bone fried. Arte's blue rat seem to be unconscious. Meanwhile the other creature seem to be doing something completely different as a bright light starts emanating from it's body and growing brighter by the seconds. The air around is pulling towards it. The creature also began to create a sound that is growing louder progressively.

Battle:

[Objective: Eliminate Zic's 'pets'.]

"Oh no.."

Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2021, 11:34:53 pm »

It immediately occurred to Phobic that things were not going well. At all. The Shield Mati was probably about to explode. What Phobic needed to do was get out of range, and to not obstruct the exit path of its allies!

It occurs to Phobic that if it has been symbiotically linked with someone, it would probably be in for a lot of hurt in about ten seconds.

Phobic uses its Levitate ability to move to the far left, as far away from the giant as possible, as quickly as possible, floating high enough to not collide with Lakar!

After Phobic starts its acceleration, it psionically comments something unintelligible, but it feels sort of like <RUN! RUN! START RUNNING YOU FOOLS RUN!!>. Its a safe bet that it is a pretty close approximation of the feeling it tried to convey.

Possible GM Error: It was mentioned that the MATI's first pull was magnet based. Phobic has no items in its posession, so it would probably not be affected by magnets due to a total lack of metals on its person (Or at least, not as strongly as other characters). It was not specified if the second pull was also magnet based, and if it was not then this is probably not a GM error.

Spoiler: Opinions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 12:08:54 am by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2021, 12:09:36 am »

Possible GM Error: It was mentioned that the MATI's first pull was magnet based. Phobic has no items in its posession, so it would probably not be affected by magnets due to a total lack of metals on its person. It was not specified if the second pull was also magnet based, and if it was not then this is probably not a GM error.

((It's not magnet based, I used that term since it's easier to explain it with that word but the ability prioritize any individual that it consider as hostile around and pull it towards the user. However, it has the opposite effect towards any material that have magnetic properties to it for reasons i'm not explaining right now))

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2021, 12:42:44 am »

"Unh--"
*confused and annoyed look around*
Blink to the left.
*looks back at Jhuni*
*annoyed look and groan*
Blink to Jhuni, take her arm and dash with her to the left towards safety.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2021, 01:18:55 am »

SHIT!

Mathel runs out the cave as fast as possible. To reduce damage to himself and stop himself from being pulled in again, he stops a bit early and shapes stone behind (to the east of) himself into a vertical slab wider and taller than him, which he hides behind.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2021, 06:40:16 am »

"Oh shit."
Dr. Goldstine turns around and starts running, if that fails get into a position that will reduce the amount of damage I'll take.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2021, 06:09:53 pm »

Cast Levitate on the Giant to move it's mouth up away from us. Divine RNG, replace Magical Beast Summon.

Thanks for the help Blue. Go back and rest.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2021, 01:45:56 am »

Well that backfired.

Literally.

Gax looked across the distance between himself and the exploding Mati as his comrades scatter like startled flies. Maybe they'll be able to survive the blast this way, but then we'll just end up with a rampaging monster. There is one way to both get rid of the monster and the explosion, but it's a long shot.

Also literally.

Given the now-vast distance between himself in the Mati, Gax isn't sure he can make the shot. He's hoping the Shield Mati's unique properties are still active and will make the distance less relevant.

"We've gotta save tha village! Elizabeth copy mah armor! Magnetic Push Bullet!"

He takes the shot - hoping to turn the Mati's "Almost in the mouth" into "really, really deep in the mouth" before it manages to kill everyone.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2021, 01:54:18 am »

Run outside the cave.  See if I can get to a high place, and get my gun ready.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2021, 04:17:18 am »

Phobic uses its Levitate ability to move to the far left, as far away from the giant as possible, as quickly as possible, floating high enough to not collide with Lakar!

Blink to Jhuni, take her arm and dash with her to the left towards safety.

Mathel runs out the cave as fast as possible. To reduce damage to himself and stop himself from being pulled in again, he stops a bit early and shapes stone behind (to the east of) himself into a vertical slab wider and taller than him, which he hides behind.

"Oh shit."
Dr. Goldstine turns around and starts running, if that fails get into a position that will reduce the amount of damage I'll take.

Run outside the cave.  See if I can get to a high place, and get my gun ready.

5 Of them hurried and clear themselves from the blast radius. Lakar takes notice of this and follow suit. Jhuni remained still until portalis managed to save her. Everyone seem to be able to escape before it went off.

Cast Levitate on the Giant to move it's mouth up away from us. Divine RNG, replace Magical Beast Summon.

Thanks for the help Blue. Go back and rest.

Arte doesn’t seem to mind from this event as she’s still nearing the explosion. She cast levitate on the giant’s mouth, however, the size and mass is far too big for her to be able to move it even by a little. She barely moved the thing.

[1d6= 1] Arte summons a green rock amidst the chaos that’s unfolding before her. It’s unclear if the rock is sentient or not though it may be effective against a certain super human.

Given the now-vast distance between himself in the Mati, Gax isn't sure he can make the shot. He's hoping the Shield Mati's unique properties are still active and will make the distance less relevant.

"We've gotta save tha village! Elizabeth copy mah armor! Magnetic Push Bullet!"

He takes the shot - hoping to turn the Mati's "Almost in the mouth" into "really, really deep in the mouth" before it manages to kill everyone.

Gax takes the time to assess the situation and quickly makes the determination to save everyone else (Even though everyone except arte is already in the safe zone) by pushing the mati inside the giant’s mouth. All it took was a little push to shove the creature inside the endless pit. A tremendous explosion can be heard coming from inside the mouth until it stopped. It seemed like the giant burped from that explosion. Giant: [-100HP]

After the pets are dead. The ground began to rumble as the creature that was hibernating all this time has finally awoken. The cave is shaking from the immense roar that the creature let out. Though in Jhuni’s mind, it’s strange for a lockjaw to let out such a cry of all the things that are currently happening. The giant has been unshackled. It’s size has been greatly reduced thanks to your effort and it's posture somehow changed. However, the creature still poses a greater threat.

It’s moving, and strangely enough the giant ignored everyone in the area and went straight to where the exit is. Ben and Mathel who are near the exit witnessing the giant heading towards them closer and closer while the villagers that are maintaining the facility screams in panic.

--

The lights around have been completely thrashed by the giant, Jhuni uses her Eye light to help everyone see everything more clear “Is.. Is everyone Ok!? I think that creature is trying to get out of here. What should we do, Mr leader sir?” Jhuni asked Portalis.

Battle:

Current Objective: Stop the r̶u̶m̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ Giant.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2021, 05:07:51 am »

Damn you, fools!

Mathel tries to trip the giant with shaped stone.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2021, 05:12:57 am »

*annoyed look*
"I don't know... let 'em go?" Portalis replies to Jhuni, looking ever more annoyed.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2021, 06:49:53 am »

"Well this has gone very poorly."
Dr. Goldstine starts firing his Mauser C96 at the creatures legs, while also trying to stay out from under it's feet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10