Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing Races  (Read 2478 times)

Asriel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Missing Races
« on: December 26, 2020, 01:08:46 pm »

Hi. A friend showed me this game and I liked it a lot, but I have a problem with Adventure mode. Together with my friend, we played as Chameleon man, but I can't choose this race for me. A lot of races are missing. Is there any way to unlock them?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Races
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 01:34:35 pm »

If you're not playing on the same world as before, it may be that chameleon men just don't exist in this world. You could try generating new worlds until you get one with them. If it's the same world, then I don't know.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Asriel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 01:43:11 pm »

Thanks for reply, but I generated 5 worlds but couldn't play any of them as chameleon

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 02:56:47 pm »

Thanks for reply, but I generated 5 worlds but couldn't play any of them as chameleon
Complete random chance. Chameleons require jungles to be generated to exist, but chameleon men can only exist in jungles with high savagery. The sheer number of animal people races means that something else that has the same requirements might be chosen by the random generator to fill their ecological niche in a particular jungle instead.

Edit: Additionally, non-Elf civilizations can drive local wildlife extinct during the historical portion of world generation by hunting them.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that Human and Dwarf civilizations reduce savagery near their settlements while Elf and Goblin civilizations increase savagery. I don't know if increased savagery during the civilized part of world gen turns normal animals into their savage counterparts though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:20:54 am by duckman »

SakuraHeinz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 04:30:28 am »

To get the rare animal men I use this:

Large world

high number of civilizations

very high savagery

I hope this helps! And dont forget the longer time goes on there is a higher chance that very small animal men go extinct.