Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [IC]  (Read 7736 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2021, 01:04:33 am »

While fused with Phobic, "Mathel" Hammerstone is able to use the following ability!
Starfall: The user of this ability can designate an area where a meteor will fall. This attack deals high damage, but this attack has a long enough delay for an enemy to move out of range.
(I've already cleared this with the GM during character creation via PM.)

Phobic provides some additional instruction. <Current form is unexpected. When using this technique on the natives of my home realm, I would merely reside within them with minimal physical change. I am however, confident that this transformation will not persist after I take my leave of you.>

<During this transformation, you will remain in complete control of your body, and you should be able to do everything that you could do prior to the change. Information on how your new power works should already be in your mind. This is something that you will need to willfully activate if you wish to use it. Given the situation, I recommend you do!>

<We should talk to discuss this in further detail, but now is not the time for an extended discussion>

Phobic uses Manifest to partially emerge!
IF Mathel does not attempt to use their sling: Phobic uses two of its four arms to use Mathel's sling to hurl a stone at the Giant!
IF Mathel does not attempt to use their shield: Phobic uses one of its four arms to ready Mathel's shield against potential incoming attacks.

Spoiler: Opinions (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2021, 01:32:30 am »

Rock solid slime form? Does this mean we can still fly like Phobic does?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2021, 07:40:22 am »

"At last our guns are damaging it, because I'm not sure what we'd be able to do if they weren't."
Start shooting the creature in the back of the feet in hopes of damaging a tendon and knocking it down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2021, 09:07:25 am »

Rock solid slime form? Does this mean we can still fly like Phobic does?

If you can it was not an intended effect when I designed the Symbiosis ability. The only things it should have done to your character is increase power, and grant the one ability mentioned in my post.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2021, 09:49:23 am »

I don't think this power will be very good indoors.

Mathel uses Rapid Forge to change the head on his hammer into an axe head.
He then tries to catch up to the giant and use the axe to climb on its right foot.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2021, 04:50:37 pm »

Phobic comments. <... We are quite clearly not indoors though?>

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2021, 01:10:13 am »

Mathel replies <We are out of the cave now? I was so focused on the giant I did not notice.>

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2021, 01:40:53 am »

Continue Shooting

"So is anyone going to throw something in its mouth?  That was working pretty good down there."

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2021, 04:26:16 am »

Portalis raises an eyebrow at Jhuni. He's surprised she has such an ability, or any ability at all. He had her pegged as a totally helpless weakling.

Telepathy though, ugh. Portalis is not a big fan of telepathy in general, being reminded of the slime creature's invasive communiqués. But as long as he himself is not the target of the telepathy, it's fine, he supposes. Although, the consequences of being projected into the creature's mind are a bit vague and concerning.

He hesitates for a bit, conflicted, but soon sighs.

"...Fine. Go for it." He looks annoyed though, as he continues blasting absentmindedly at the creature's legs in the meantime.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2021, 01:55:30 pm »

From his new position Gax readies his rifle to finish off Muscles. Nothing fancy this time. Just a bullet.

He then casually tries to push the corpse off into the Giant's mouth in a slightly-less-dramatic way.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]