Advanced search  

Poll

Which cards looks the best?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: PANIC ARENA: BACKDRAFT  (Read 8925 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
PANIC ARENA: BACKDRAFT
« on: January 04, 2021, 12:01:55 pm »

Genesis

ABOUT
It's time I move forward on this. This is PANIC ARENA 6. As the sequel to ArenaCraft, the mechanics are gunna work (almost) the same. Hopefully things will be a little cleaner, a little smoother, and we'll start with a comic from the beginning.

Art I make for this will also be featured on my Patreon. By joining you give me permission for anything you submit for this game to be referenced in my art.

There will now be an IC Thread and OC Thread, which I posted when I began planning this.

You get 1 teammate, which you can discuss in OOC. Choose a captain (can speak for both of you if needed), and a team nickname.

Spoiler: Sequel Poll Results (click to show/hide)

This battle takes place on an iceberg, a massive icy platform floating in a turbulent Southern Ocean. As a special condition of this arena, if you don't move the turn after a movement, you will continue 1 more space. All audience interference will be related to fire, explosions, and heat. This is a bastard game. Meaning the silliness may exceed fairness, and I can't be trusted to be telling you the truth.

Sign-Up by describing yourself appearing in the arena. Describe what you are wearing, your physical appearance, and give us a flavor of your persona. (You may bring a weapon and outfit. They will be treated as cosmetic, no different than close-range fist fighting or being in pajamas.)

Players

Sign-Ups now Open.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 01:40:13 pm by RoseHeart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: ArenaCraft
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 12:02:32 pm »

(Old) ArenaCraft:
Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

This battle takes place in THE PIT, a metal platform suspended by thick chains.

Sign-Up by describing yourself appearing in the arena. Describe what you are wearing, your physical appearance, and give us a flavor of your persona. (You may bring a weapon and outfit. They will be treated as cosmetic, no different than close-range fist fighting or being in pajamas.)

Players
TricMagic
KitRougard
Naturegirl1999

Sign-Ups now Closed.Enigma. Remove
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 08:21:18 pm by RoseHeart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 01:14:25 pm »

Coming in at 5 feet 6 inches, with hair brown and eyes lit with fiery wrath we have~ TIM!!!

Her demonic heritage is apparent in her summoning here today, her staff forged from imps, and her clothing bloody.
She is sure to bring fire to the Arena today. Do not let her otherwise unremarkable looks fool you viewers. This girl is hot when it comes to luck.

What foes can challenge this girl?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 01:20:06 pm »

(Looks good!)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 04:43:57 pm »

KNOCK KNOCK
OPEN UP THE DOOR,
HE'S REAL

WITH THE NONSTOP TICK-TOCK
AND STAINLESS STEEL

THE CLOCK'S GONNA GIVE IT TO 'YA
HE GON' GIVE IT TO YA!

You feel the very fabric of spacetime warp as an imposing humanoid of steel and gears, with a clock for a head (Which always seems to be facing you, and ticks in time with... your heartbeat?) phases into the field. The announcer blinks, then looks at the guest-list to see that he was always there, somehow.

Coming in at 7 minutes and 7 seconds - That's 6'6" for you non-temporal beings - And weighing in at nothing and infinity simultaneously! It's TIME LORD!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:20:19 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 04:50:36 pm »

(Thanks for Punching In!)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 09:25:23 pm »

A 5’ 1’’ girl enters the arena. She wears a white apron with many splotches of paint. She herself seems to be made of ceramics and paint of various colors. She introduces herself as Glaze. She looks around curiously, there was much more metal here than there was at wherever she was at before. She waits quietly, like the statue she once was, watching her opponents, thinking
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 09:28:57 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 09:34:14 pm »

(Looks great!)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 10:20:11 pm »

(Thanks, I kinda just thought of her randomly while thinking about who to add, originally I was going to go with just paint, but then I thought ceramics(glaze) reflect in more interesting ways than just paint, as for what prompted the paint girl, not quite sure)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 10:24:50 pm »

Locking thread. We'll go ahead with 3. I'll open when I finish setting things up.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 02:43:32 pm »

/ Prologue /

Metal on metal sparks as talons skid down the chains. A metal bird lands heavily in the arena.

The flightless beast is ridden by a small boy. He wears a metal gauntlet, which he lifts in the air to command attention.

"It's been awhile since we've done one of these." There is a smile, and the onset of a melancholy weight behind it.

"Anyway, you're here now. Best of luck challengers." The raised fist rocks back as three translucent cards lob in the air and home in on three different targets.

The chains lower the arena a bit.

MISSION START!

Updates:

I will direct your attention to any minor tweaks and large expansions here. Which will also make their way into the second post of the thread eventually.

In a game like this expect surprises. Oh, and what ever you do, Don't Panic!

Decision Phase: Draw PMs are being sent. Please respond with your plays.

Plague

Team Ruby | Team Amethyst | Team Amber
TricMagicKitRougardNaturegirl1999
|?||?||?|

DECK: 33
UPCOMING LAWS:
▶ 1. None
▶ 2. None
3. None
4. None
5. TBD

Audience Members! Cheer for a team (Team Ruby, Team Amethyst, or Team Amber) to receive a mysterious egg YOU can help grow...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 12:23:48 pm by roseheart »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 07:14:35 am »

I cheer for team Amethyst.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 04:41:13 pm »

Reveal Phase: All actions received. Quote your PM in the thread. (Feel free to embellish, roleplay, before/after the quote.)

Audience Members! You may vote for future laws. If needed, a tiebreaker will be decided at random. Current vote:

• A. No Melee / Use Ranged Attacks

• B. No Ranged Attacks / Use Melee

• C. No Movement / Use Rest

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:42 pm »

Quote from: Glaze
I play a green card that makes an illusory copy of me to hopefully throw off accuracy of others’ attacks

The green card melts in my hands as a head just like mine grows from my neck. Eventually we each have a neck, then we each have our own torsos and arm pairs, and then the leg holding us together separates. One of us watches the clock man, one of us watches the demon. Only we know which one of us is the real version.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:29 pm »

Quote from: Remnant
Move to F3.
Tim is backing away! What sinister plans does she have in store?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11