Advanced search  

Poll

Which cards looks the best?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: PANIC ARENA: BACKDRAFT  (Read 9070 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: ArenaCraft
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2021, 05:08:05 pm »

/ Turn 4 /

Spoiler: Stack (click to show/hide)

Previously: Time leans over to Amethyst Leader and whispers something...

"ZZZ...huh?? Eh hem."

(Thanks for your patience, bit of a hefty update!)

Time winds back a punch, and launches it at Amber Leader, who nimbly dodges. -1000

There is no opening to disengage from the shuddering machine.

Ruby Leader's silhouette is lost in the rising flames until they appear to be gone completely.

Amber Leader's blue card seems to have done something to the flames, but what it is not clear. Hopefully they will go away soon.

(I had a long time debating if using a cancel spell on a distant enemy tile should count as a ranged attack. I decided it should. But since it may not be obvious since tiles are not usually alive, I decided to look the other way this time...)

"This is a warning.. Henceforth if Team Amber is caught breaking Law 5 before it expires, they will take 2 penalty cards."

As Amethyst Leader steps to the side their blue spell seems to be a bit slow to congeal around Amber Leader...

Amber Leader and Amethyst Leader square off. The Time Lord tries a sweep, and Glaze bounds up over it and lands heroically. -1000

But they are too exhausted to follow up with something. She crumples to one knee to rest.

Amber Leader glances up behind Amethyst Leader and weakly flicks off a yellow card... The Water Nymph rises up, ready to bring aid.

Two objects float down on parachutes. A Remote C4 clamps down and a red light begins to flash at consistent intervals. An Amethyst Egg touches down just outside the flames.

The child raises their gauntlet, and fires off more translucent cards. One goes down into the hellfire flames, but a bit closer than where Ruby Leader was before...

The card Amethyst leader takes, immediately shatters into a puff of red smoke and sparkles.

"Team Amethyst has satisfied Challenge 5. Congratulations on being awarded the first star card of the match. Play it as any of the four basic colors."

The judge makes a sweeping motion with the metal hand, and a shooting star crashes into the Time Lords' grasp.

The chains lower the arena a bit.

A blue light is closing in on Amber Leader, but it hasn't reached them yet. That C4 looks ready to blow! Perhaps Glaze can rally a superhuman lunge in this state just this once.

(See the bottom of update #1: Amber Leader will be given a risk-free 1 space movement to compensate for detrimental rules changes.)

Spoiler: Updates (2) (click to show/hide)

Decision Phase: Draw PMs are being sent. Please respond with your plays.

Dire Dire Docks [Synthwave]

Team Ruby
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ |
Team Amethyst
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ |
Team Amber
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ |
TricMagic1KitRougard2Naturegirl1999
|Hellvoid|
|?|
|Time|
|Single Trip|
|?|
|Farsighted|
|Water Nymph|
|?|
A. Hellvoid
|R|R|Y|G|
(removed
on turn 6)
Time (Clockwork
Construct)

|R|Y|G|
Farsighted
(Curse1)

|G|
B. HellfireSingle Trip
(Curse2)

|B|

Egg #1
Cheers:
0 Ruby
2 Amethyst
0 Amber
Water Nymph
|Y|
DECK: 21
UPCOMING LAWS:

▶ 5. No Ranged Attacks / ★Use Melee
▶ 6. None
7. No Light Melee Attacks / ★Use Heavy Melee Attacks
8. None
9. TBD

Audience Members! Cheer for a team (Team Ruby, Team Amethyst, or Team Amber) to receive a mysterious egg!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:22:11 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 12:30:57 am »

Reveal Phase: All actions received. Quote your PM in the thread.

The Secret Council is invited to return to Quicktopia to convene on the judgement of Law 9.

Additional laws can now be purchased in the PANIC STORE and can be used to replace a "none" law. Any of which rotating in later than the next turn.

I am awarding a 50% OFF CUSTOM LAW coupon to King Zultan and Secretdorf for their contributions on the council. This cannot be stacked with other discounts.

Intermission Notice: Before turn 6 resolves there will be an intermission period of a couple days, for me to do maintenance on the rules, correct mistakes, and assess the situation. Just giving you a heads up!
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2021, 02:18:11 am »

Move to C4
Red card applied to Water Nymph to power it up
Water Nymph attacks Time Lord

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2021, 02:25:08 am »

Cheer for team Amber

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2021, 08:12:02 am »

Cheer for team Amethyst.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2021, 10:07:19 am »

Quote from: Remnant Burn
Red, Energy. Apply to Hellvoid to boost the flames to nearby tiles, targeting any enemy Eggs as fuel. Only targets enemy Eggs. Permanent Modification that will spread using enemy Eggs as fuel. C+ flames do not harm anything else.

Here come the flames of war, burning ever bright~
So too do eggs burn, feed the flames of night ~

Tim seems to be going all in on that Hellvoid. Is she planning something? Meanwhile Amber and Amethyst have a lot of cheers and a lot of action between them, to the point that they could get engulfed by the flames being put out if they ignore things any longer.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2021, 10:55:42 am »

Quote from:
"Curse these erroneous eyes. Never mind... Time shall cure me, as it cures all things."
Throw all three cards into hex B4. Make sure there's space between them so it's clear which card is which. Mentally lock onto the rainbow one (The full, sparkling rainbow, not the LED rainbow of Time's card), walk over to B4, pick it up first, and use it as a Blue card to Cancel this damned eyesight problem! Then pick up the other two cards.

Time is to move to C1 and wait for a moment.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:23 am »

/ Turn 5 /

Spoiler: Stack (click to show/hide)

(It has come to my attention, that an item called C4 in a game with a spot named C4 might just be confusing. C4 Bombs have been renamed to simply 'Remote Bomb'. Sorry for the confusion this homonym caused.)

With an effort of will that goes beyond the natural limits of her body, Amber Leader dives out of the way of the Remote Bomb. The blue light encircling her clamps down on her ankles.

The hellflames begin to froth wildly like an upset sea...

Amethyst Leader throws down their 3 cards: Time (Clockwork Construct), Single Trip (Curse), and a star card.

They then wonder over and feel around for the cards in a certain order...

Time moves away from the others.

Upon receiving the upgrade, the water nymph's eyes glow red, and she smiles.

The Time Lord holds out their arm with the presumed star card in hand, and facepalms themselves.

They're cured!!

They turn to see a torrent slicing through the air at them and backflip over the elongated nymph arm. -1000

Amethyst Leader slides on the ground, gasping for breath...

(I've included some clarifications and changes to being "completely exhausted" in the updates.)

Little embers begin spouting out of the hellflames and extinguishing abruptly upon contact with the platform. Amber Leader is touched by one with no effect. One hits the egg and engulfs it in flame.

A large ruby egg floats down beside the flames, but this one is unharmed by the jumping embers.

"Law 5 has been retired, and Ranged Attacks are once again permitted!"

"Law 7 is now in effect: Though Shalt Not Use Light Attacks, and One Whom Uses Heavy Attacks Shall Be Rewarded!"

(These designations only apply to Leaders, and not to secondary units who all just have a normal attack that will not be affected by this law.)

"Let's up the stakes. 2 star cards and one former champion created legendary card will now be shuffled in."

The Judge holds up their gauntlet and 21 cards begin rotating in the air above them, then with their free naked hand the child reaches back into a school backpack and withdraws 3 cards, sending them upward to join the others before they all collapse back down within the gauntlet.

Electricity surges from the metal hand and then once again, 3 transparent cards are fired off at the challengers.

One dips immediately into the hellflames.

The Remote Bomb continues to blink...

Spoiler: Updates (1) (click to show/hide)

Decision Phase: Draw PMs are being sent. Please respond with your plays.

Fear Factory [Synthwave]

Team Ruby
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ |
Team Amethyst
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ |
Team Amber
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ |
TricMagicKitRougard2Naturegirl1999
|Hellvoid|
|?|
|Time|
|Single Trip|
|?|
|Water Nymph|
|?|
A. Hellvoid
|R|R|R|Y|G|
(removed
on turn 6)
Time (Clockwork
Construct)

|R|Y|G|
Water Nymph
|R|Y|
B. Hellfire

Egg #3
Cheers:
1 Ruby
0 Amethyst
1 Amber
Dolls:
Lion Cub
Single Trip
(Curse2)

|B|
DECK: 21
UPCOMING LAWS:

▶ 6. None
▶ 7. No Light Melee Attacks / ★Use Heavy Melee Attacks
8. None
9. TBD
10. None

Audience Members! Cheer for a team (Team Ruby, Team Amethyst, or Team Amber) to receive a mysterious egg!

Awesome With Autism

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2021, 01:19:31 am »

Cheer for Team Amber

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2021, 04:44:27 am »

Cheer for Team Amethyst!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2021, 07:57:41 am »

I'd like to say, may those eggs burn in hell.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2021, 03:26:25 pm »

^Was this your move TricMagic? If so it was very esoteric.
Awesome With Autism

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2021, 03:31:27 pm »

I'll have a post in four hours. I imagined it, but never got around to sending it. ARs and Sakun Rice and Ruin basically.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 03:48:55 pm »

Reveal Phase: All actions received. Quote your PM in the thread.

The Secret Council has spoken...

On Turn 8 and Turn 9:

Law #9: Though Shalt Not Use Curses, and One Whom Uses Attack Spells Shall Be Rewarded!
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2021, 05:46:24 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11