Advanced search  

Poll

Which cards looks the best?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: PANIC ARENA: BACKDRAFT  (Read 9116 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: ArenaCraft
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2021, 12:28:08 pm »

*catches char and breaks it, then throws the pieces back at the one who threw the char*

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2021, 04:02:42 pm »

(update is in oven, just needs frosting and sprinkles.)

Gramma voice: "Kids these days. With their thrown blunt objects... In my day, you had to entertain yourself by counting ceiling tiles, or playing Twisted Metal on PlayStation...."
Don't know where I was going with that
I couldn't stop
I need help

Edit: This taking longer than I thought...I really need to learn the art of downplaying my public-facing estimates on such things..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:07:17 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2021, 12:25:51 am »

I'll be starting a new art blog on my Patreon, where you can follow the trials and tribulations of whacking Blender with a mental wrench, or whatever antics I get up to.

People have held their nose when I've associated hosting forum games with compensation, and I get it. But, I am spending way too much time and energy on these to not say I wouldn't welcome it.

The blog is free to read every entry, of which I will be uploading weekly. Check it out if you want a "How it's made" kind of backdoor experience. Patrons will also be featured in the credits of all major games for just $1/month, so just give what ever you think is fair.

Similar to the Patreon supported Dwarf Fortress, my games tend to involve expanding projects over time. For example, I've been hosting Panic Arena (ArenaCraft) since 2014. The original forum it was on doesn't archive, but here's a post from a crossforum session that didn't start. SO you can see this isn't a fleeting interest of mine, this is what I do. I make games that are "Low input-high output kinda things."

https://www.patreon.com/roseheartblog

Anyway, feel free to disregard all that if it isn't for you. If you have questions, concerns, comments, feel free to PM me. And thank you to those that join me on this journey, oh the fun we will have.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2021, 02:00:56 am »

Turn 8: "Head-over-Heels!"

Spoiler: STACK (5) (click to show/hide)

Previously:
Time(whispering): "Let me help..."

Amethyst Leader falls further and further as sporadic embers leap up to lick his backsides. The drone descends in parallel, projecting a poem recital by a cheering fan "Climb out of hell ... Clocks will soon Chime ... Opposition's a fool ...". Time's up. And that's exactly what Time Lord is thinking...'The Hour of Deception' is finally at hand. Tim sees the clock-faced construct smirk, then turns as a minty breeze rushes past her from behind, and now that same smirk is at her back. She turns back to look through the portal incredulously, and sees Time returning her previous gesture, as the clockwork knight melts slowly in a pool of lava. Tim flicks a red card on the melting metal face, and the surrounding molten rock begins to boil rapidly. Hell flames begin erupting out of the portal, and Tim and the Lionman Assassin---vanish. Blue shards of reality click into place around the portal, the restoration has been aided a bit. Embers once again spit out at Time Lord, as the flames of Hell once again luminate his metal body. He then notices clanking sounds and child-like mischievous laughter and turns to see two winged imps poking his backsides with pitchforks. He brushes them off and they flutter off back to Hell.

Ruby Leader emerges from the flames next to The Judge. "A letter has arrived for you. Though, your hand will be too full to accept it. I'll hold onto it until you make room." The judge sends out cards, but they hover in the air...instead of dealing to the Leaders. "Ruby Leader was interrupted unfairly last turn, and will be permitted a choice of repeating a law, an assisted attack, or a dodge challenge for a star card." The Judge sends up a star card, which also hovers. "Ruby Leader used a magic attack on Time Knight. He'd have probably died anyway, but still. Challenge 9 is more or less, satisfied." "In addition to Law 9, Law 11 will simultaneously be in effect, starting now, which states: Thou Shalt Not Use Unarmed Melee, and One Whom Uses A Sword Shall Be Rewarded!"

The chains lower the arena a bit.

Spoiler: UPDATES (2) (click to show/hide)

Decision Phase: Draw PMs will be sent after TricMagic chooses a compensation. Then, please respond with your plays.

Turn 9: "Hell on Earth!"

DECK: 08 | | | | | | | |

Team Ruby
TricMagic

Tim
|
1500|████████ŻŻ|
(Demonic Being)
Team Amethyst
KitRougard

Time Lord
|
2000|██████████|
(Clockwork Construct)
Team Amber
Naturegirl1999

Glaze
|
DEAD|ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ|
(Ceramic Being)
|Hellvoid|
|?|?|

A. Hellvoid
|Y|

|R|G|
(Spawn Hellflame
tokens "Tile B")
(Allies Invisible)

|B|
(restored turn 10)

Lionman Assassin
(from Secretdorf)

|Y|R|B|
|?|?|
Laws:
#9: ×Curses / ★Attack Spells
#10: Empty
#11: ×Unarmed Melee / ★Sword Attacks
  • Upcoming:
    #12: Empty
    #13: Empty
    #14: TBD
    #15: Empty

Audience Members! Cheer for a team (Team Ruby or Team Amethyst) to receive 10 panic points and a mysterious egg!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:33:35 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2021, 05:40:07 am »

"Come on Time Lord you've go them backed into a corner, you can take em!"
*knock down all the chairs around me in my excitement*
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2021, 12:19:51 pm »

"All who support team amethyst are fools as team ruby is going to win! Its even more obvious now!"
*Clean my teeth with my adamantine toothpick*

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2021, 02:48:44 pm »

Looks like Tim and the Judge are speaking. Whoah, the Judge just opened up with a rain of feathers! Tim's dodging them, but if it keeps up!

A Star Card was among them! Tim grabbed it and it seems the feathers have stopped.

-1500 Stamina, +1 Star Card.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 03:41:31 pm by TricMagic »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2021, 04:25:08 pm »

Tim
|
0000|ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ|

The hovering cards come down, and additionally an extra Star Card is sent to the nimble demon.
Awesome With Autism

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2021, 04:31:06 pm »

"Hm. I'm detecting that the Original doesn't have a solid connection to the server. That is, he hasn't recieved the Draw Update PM. Perhaps it's just a dash of lag..."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2021, 04:38:06 pm »

(Just a touch slow rolling and PMing, their on the way!)
Awesome With Autism

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2021, 05:29:35 pm »

Indulges in more maniacal laughter.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2021, 09:28:58 pm »

Reveal Phase: All actions received. Quote your PM in the thread.
Awesome With Autism

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2021, 09:44:29 pm »

Indulges in more maniacal laughter.
Quote from: Remnant of the Great Void to Hell!
Star Card-Deceit- That which changes outcomes
Star Card-Cancel-That which prevents obstruction
Into the Hellvoid

Of Hell, to Hell, return to Hell. Hellvoid, swallow everything near you, draw in Amethyst and their cards to their demise, draw in the assasain to strike him down, draw in even myself! I offer to thee everything, Sacrifice Unending.

Swallow the stage, Great Void to Hell!

The Hellvoid sucks everything on stage into itself as it expands! The contestants are falling. The stage is just one big hole filled with fire and a never-ending fall. Tim is just laughing manically while Resting, being drawn into the upgraded Great Void of Hell.

Does it count as a ranged attack when the attack is literally everything being sucked in indiscriminately? Amethyst won't escape the burning that easily.
Let the Falling Stars descend and upgrade the Hellvoid.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:59:04 am by TricMagic »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2021, 10:08:49 pm »

Quote from: Again with the bloody Hellvoid?
"Swordplay, eh? Have at ye!"
The Star Card became a Yellow, fused with the Green to become a confounding-looking blade that was difficult to track with the eyes. It would take a bit of mental effort in addition to normal Stamina to dodge its temporal strikes...
"Now will you attempt to Rest, or will you lay a trap? I vote... BOTH."
An elegant roll to F3, followed by a swift stab with the confounding blade.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:14:03 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2021, 10:15:37 pm »

(You jerks are way too fast!)
*puts on grandma reading glasses and begin to type update*

(jk! And if moves come in fast after the next update, maaaybe we can squeeze in 1 more for the week!)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:55:25 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11