Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?  (Read 11918 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?
« on: January 06, 2021, 04:07:36 pm »

You were all looking forward to eating the cookies upon your return from a sporting/cultural/music (delete as appropriate) event.

Unfortunately, it appears some of you were far too eager, and the cookies have already been consumed! (insert dramatic musical sting here)

You must eliminate the thieves from within your midst, lest they steal your very soul!

Welcome to Vengeful Mafia 12.5. This is a 5 player, nightless variant, the roles consist of 3 town, and two mafia, one of whom is a flagbearer.

The town win by eliminating both mafia players, but if they lynch the flagbearer, they win immediately.

The mafia win by equalling or outnumbering the town, and the town have no vengekill remaining.

What's a vengekill? I'm glad you asked!

If a town player is lynched on Day 1, they get to use a kill action on one other player. If they kill a fellow townie, the mafia win. If they kill a mafia player, the game continues into Day 2.

Talking in the time between the lynch and the vengekill is allowed, but highly discouraged.

Rules

Days will last 72 hours, no extensions will be allowed. Weekends will count half-time.

Hammers are in effect! The day will end immediately if any player receives half the total votes, plus 1, rounded down.

To avoid a deadlock, any tied lynch votes at a deadline will result in the the mafia team choosing who gets to be lynched in their quicktopic.

Mafia players will have a dedicated quicktopic to discuss their nefarious plans away from prying eyes.

Players:
  • ToonyMan
  • webadict
  • 4maskwolf
  • Luckyowl
  • notquitethere
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 02:54:26 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »

In.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:15:39 pm »

Watching

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 04:17:29 pm »

Spectati--

Lol, made you look. In.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:19:07 pm »

I'm making a mistake

In

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:28:41 pm »

Do townie have to vengekill? There's one case where it's possibly not worth doing:

Lynch mafiaoso Day 1
Lynch townie Day 2

At this point the townie probably shouldn't vengekill because there's two town and one mafia left. Hitting a townie would cause a loss.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:30 pm »

The vengekill will only be available on D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 10:31:48 pm »

In saying that I may need to amend the rules slightly to avoid a deadlock on D2 if y’all lynch the non-flagbearer mafia on D1, if we get enough players for it.

Speaking of, do you want me to wait until after BYOR15 to fill the last two slots or start with three of you in a slightly amended game?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 10:41:56 pm »

IN 

Hopefully I get mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 10:55:27 pm »

You should allow a Day 3 if there's no vengekills after Day 1, I would say. There's no case where it could last longer than Day 3.

Worst case scenario:

Day 1 mafioso lynch
Day 2 townie lynch, no vengekill
Day 3, two townies and a mafia flagbearer left, game will be decided after the lynch.

EDIT:
Most likely scenarios:

Day 1 townie lynch, vengekills another townie, mafia win

Day 1 mafia flagbearer lynch, town win

Day 1 mafioso lynch
Day 2 mafia flagbearer lynch, town win

Day 1 townie lynch, vengekills either mafia
Day 2, two townies and a mafia, game will be decided by the lynch

So chances are it won't last to Day 3, however I think it's good to keep that a possibility.

Hopefully I get mafia.
You and me both.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 11:08:41 pm by ToonyMan »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 11:02:21 pm »

I think the game goes to Day 3 if it can.

I think the rules saying a player is lynched at 2 votes on Day 2 is kinda weird, but... you know what? I kinda like it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 11:06:17 pm »

I think the rules saying a player is lynched at 2 votes on Day 2 is kinda weird, but... you know what? I kinda like it.
If there's a Day 2 there will either be three townies and a mafia or two townies and a mafia, depending on what happened Day 1.

So that weird rule would only matter for the four players on Day 2 case, but I think that's okay as long as everybody is reminded when the day starts.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 11:08:25 pm »

This is true, I failed to consider the town might actually play well on D1, thus thought D2 would be the extent of it.

I’m also going to change the specific rules for D2 in the event town lynch the non-flagbearer on D1 and the votes are tied for the lynch at deadline.

Would you prefer I randomly lynch one of the leading candidates, or extend the day until you can come to a consensus?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 11:12:46 pm »

Why no warning about people posting before I post, forum!?

So yeah, the D2 requiring two votes to hammer thing was me not considering the game properly.

This could be a way of avoiding the deadlock for four indecisive players though, so obviously that was a feature of the game and not a bug from my short-sightedness.

If you would prefer it be changed to something else to avoid a deadlock though, I’m open to changing it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 11:13:36 pm »

This is true, I failed to consider the town might actually play well on D1, thus thought D2 would be the extent of it.

I’m also going to change the specific rules for D2 in the event town lynch the non-flagbearer on D1 and the votes are tied for the lynch at deadline.

Would you prefer I randomly lynch one of the leading candidates, or extend the day until you can come to a consensus?
Have the Mafia pick. That's how you avoid ties.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10