Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?  (Read 11862 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2021, 05:54:08 pm »

@4maskwolf:
@Luckyowl:
Did you get your wish?
Why don't you ask him in scumchat?
I'm sorry, but I was asking Luckyowl not his scum buddy.

@4maskwolf:
Why shouldn't we hammer you?
Because your buddy would get vig'd and you'd get lynched.  Or the other way around, I'm not picky who I kill as long as its scum.
Toonyman: Mind telling us who the "we" you want to hammer me with is?
You tell me. I'll have more to add once everyone posts.

@Webadict:
@Webadict:
What's the biggest scumtell in this game?
No idea. I don't usually play Vengeful. My guess would be going hard on Luckyowl with insufficient reasoning because they're a newbie. Also, hammering is potentially scummy if not defended well.
Should we vengekill whoever hammers us?

@ToonyMan: Would you think that anyone that hammers 4maskwolf is scum? Is putting someone at L-1 scary to you? Does that make you more or less scummy?
Hammers him right now? If 4mask flips town then more than likely, yes. I think the pressure from L-1 should reveal some interesting factoids about our players here. I don't think putting someone at L-1 is town or scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 06:04:26 pm »

[...]

Hammers him right now? If 4mask flips town then more than likely, yes. I think the pressure from L-1 should reveal some interesting factoids about our players here. I don't think putting someone at L-1 is town or scum.
What would you say if I told you that I initially was going to unvote 4maskwolf but deleted that before I posted because I figured that anyone that hammers 4maskwolf would be incredibly suspicious? I had a similar thought, which is why I figured that anyone that hammers without sufficient evidence is bound to be vengekilled. Thus, it feels possible that putting someone at L-1 might be more suspicious, on account of it being safer, no?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2021, 06:17:40 pm »

@4maskwolf: Would you believe I would be a good D1 lynch target as either Mafia or Town? Who would you choose to Vigkill right now if someone hammered you?
Well that depends.  Is your first question "right now" or "in general"?  I think you would be a decent lynch target right now, yes.  You or Toonyman, I don't believe that you're both town for a second.  I don't think it's worth lynching people you think are town on the hopes that they'll shoot scum, no.  That's a really backwards way to play.  The vengekill gives us a second chance if we screw up and means the scum can't blatantly side with each other and get away with it, not that we should lynch townies.

Second question: obviously the person who hammered me.  Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would hammer this early into the day as town.

[...]

What would you say if I told you that I initially was going to unvote 4maskwolf but deleted that before I posted because I figured that anyone that hammers 4maskwolf would be incredibly suspicious? I had a similar thought, which is why I figured that anyone that hammers without sufficient evidence is bound to be vengekilled. Thus, it feels possible that putting someone at L-1 might be more suspicious, on account of it being safer, no?
I will admit, I'm curious what you plan to do if by some fucking miracle you're both town?  Other than apologize after we lose the game, of course.

@4maskwolf:
@Luckyowl:
Did you get your wish?
Why don't you ask him in scumchat?
I'm sorry, but I was asking Luckyowl not his scum buddy.
That would be a spicy scumteam.  Give me flagbearer so I can lose the game doing some dumb gambit and I'm in.

@4maskwolf:
Why shouldn't we hammer you?
Because your buddy would get vig'd and you'd get lynched.  Or the other way around, I'm not picky who I kill as long as its scum.
Toonyman: Mind telling us who the "we" you want to hammer me with is?
You tell me. I'll have more to add once everyone posts.
Once the dingbats get here, I will too.  In the meantime, you've played with me enough, why did you think flinch-checking me was a good idea?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2021, 06:29:39 pm »

Well that depends.  Is your first question "right now" or "in general"?  I think you would be a decent lynch target right now, yes.  You or Toonyman, I don't believe that you're both town for a second.  I don't think it's worth lynching people you think are town on the hopes that they'll shoot scum, no.  That's a really backwards way to play.  The vengekill gives us a second chance if we screw up and means the scum can't blatantly side with each other and get away with it, not that we should lynch townies.

Second question: obviously the person who hammered me.  Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would hammer this early into the day as town.
I suppose that's a safe way to put it. But, I mean, to be perfectly blunt, there are some people that I trust to shoot correctly and there are some people I don't. So, I could say that it'd be a shame to lose you if you're Town, but it'd also be unfair to deny you the privilege of vengekilling someone. And obviously you've already made it clear you won't shoot me, so I'm in the clear, aren't I? So, I don't even have to unvote! Man, this game is so easy.

I will admit, I'm curious what you plan to do if by some fucking miracle you're both town?  Other than apologize after we lose the game, of course.
Well, if Toony's Town and you're Town, too, then you'd shoot the hammerer, and it'd be a scum death, so we'd be in a good position, wouldn't you say? I mean, that's not a losing position, that's just a regular game where I have to convince ToonyMan I'm not scum.

The real big brain play would be both of us being scum going for the bandwagon, ya know?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2021, 06:30:02 pm »

Hector
I also just realised despite referring to NQT as NQT, I thought their username was notquitehere. Ah well.
This is very amusing to me.

Toony
The game is pure day game, my posts are all there are to figuring me out. Is hammering inherently scummy in this set up?

4mask
If I survive to D2, I'll do some vote analysis I guess. But yes, this game doesn't play to all my strengths... but I know what I'm looking to see. Do you know what I'm looking to see?

Webadict, do you think mafia will distance with so few players?

LuckyOwl, do you feel lucky?

Heads up: I'm going to sleep for next 8 hours or so.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2021, 06:32:29 pm »

@Luckyowl:
Did you get your wish?

Well, since I didn't I'll say no. So there won't be any mafia play for people to look analyze. So I'm probably going to wildly play around since again. I don't really know who's town and who's mafia.

Luckyowl: Activity is going to be vitally important this game.  How do you plan on balancing two active games?

I think I can handle it. I quite frankly just take little notes to what's important. Right now. It's not much. But I'm probably gonna have to drop the note. As it's important fot us townies to find the mafia or the mafia flagbearer.

Hector: is the flagbearer unsure who is the mafia?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2021, 06:40:03 pm »

Webadict, do you think mafia will distance with so few players?
I think it'd be a foolish move if they did. It'd leave them open to obvious broadsides later in the game. I don't believe that the mafia are dumb enough to do something like that, but you never know. I might do it!

What I do potentially expect is that scum will avoid hammers, since they have to defend their vote the hardest of all, and it makes them a huge target for not just the vengekill, but the following Day. Which is why I'm actually going to do so eventually. As proof that I'm not mafia! A completely infallible plan, wouldn't you say?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2021, 06:42:21 pm »

LuckyOwl, do you feel lucky?

I always bet on black and I still win. So yeah. I feel pretty lucky.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2021, 06:42:43 pm »

The flagbearer knows their teammate.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2021, 06:47:25 pm »

Lucky, why do you toy with my heart so? Ugh, only you could be so careless and yet so innocent.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2021, 07:04:26 pm »

webadict and ToonyMan both point at 4maskwolf, adamant they saw him eying the cookies furtively for days, while 4maskwolf counters strongly against Toonyman’s accusations “no you.”

Luckyowl cries quietly into their hands, pining for the lost cookies.

Voting

ToonyMan (1) - 4maskwolf

webadict (1) - notquitethere

4maskwolf (2) - webadict, ToonyMan

Luckyowl (0) -

notquitethere (0) -

Not Voting - Luckyowl

To Hammer requires 3 votes.

The Day will end on Tuesday 12th January at 2.30pm Central Time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2021, 08:15:11 pm »

Posting to watch.

Good luck, friends!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2021, 08:15:55 pm »

Okay. I can't. I, Luckyowl the 4th. Stole the cookies from the cookie jar. I-I just couldn't help it. Okay! I didn't thought all of you would fight like this. I'm so sorry. *ssob*.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2021, 08:25:04 pm »

Okay. I can't. I, Luckyowl the 4th. Stole the cookies from the cookie jar. I-I just couldn't help it. Okay! I didn't thought all of you would fight like this. I'm so sorry. *ssob*.
Lucky, what the fuck are you doing?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2021, 08:31:02 pm »

That's a serious question. I want you to explain your rationale behind it because it literally in no way is helpful, especially when I already think you're Town. It's so dumb that I need you to calm me down by you explaining to me where it really went wrong, so that I can course correct you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10