Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?  (Read 11242 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2021, 09:33:04 pm »

My bad, I didn't realize. ToonyMan, you gotta let us know. I'm not counting votes.

Vengekill 4maskwolf.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2021, 09:35:33 pm »

My bad, I didn't realize. ToonyMan, you gotta let us know. I'm not counting votes.

Vengekill 4maskwolf.
Sorry, I thought you could count. Nice fakeout by the way.

I have... opinions, but I need a ruling from the mod first.

hector13: nightless games are weird, but are we allowed to post after hammer?
Yeah you're allowed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2021, 09:36:40 pm »

Hammers are in effect! The day will end immediately if any player receives half the total votes, plus 1, rounded down.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2021, 11:00:36 pm »

God! I just made the count myself, Web really is hammered! This is hilarious!

*munches popcorn*
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58:11 pm »

PTW. This is the good stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2021, 12:01:50 am »

PTW. ???

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2021, 06:19:58 am »

So you just go ahead and end the day while I'm asleep. Since we're allowed to talk, my prediction:

Wuba, Luckyowl: Town
Toony, 4mask:  Scum

How do I know? Well there's 5 players, 2 mafia, so it's almost impossible to lynch scum unless there's a bus. Wuba has made a vengekill so this seems to confirm half of this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2021, 07:55:24 am »

notquitethere mutters something unpleasant about webadict as they retire upstairs to sleep, exhausted from the cookie-related mischief. 4maskwolf nods in agreement while ToonyMan stands, tears in their eyes, and shouts “it was webadict!”

They each take an arm and carry webadict to the front door, opening it. A rush of cold air sweeps through the house. webadict, roused from their stupor, makes an almighty struggle, breaking free from ToonyMan and pulling 4maskwolf to the ground.

They struggle ineffectually with each other for what seems an eternity, until webadict kicks 4maskwolf away. A lone cookie spills from 4maskwolf’s jacket, rolling on its edge down the garden path, before clearing the kerb, majestically tumbling through the air in all its sugary glory.

It lands with a wobble in the road, spinning like a coin as though it were showing off for a friend. The spin slows, ending with the cookie facing the house, each of you staring, mouth’s agape, as it falls onto its back. 4maskwolf scrabbles from the ground and shouts “I was saving that one for later!” as a look of shock passes their face, clamping their hands over their mouth, but is too late, the words are uttered, and everyone knows their betrayal.

A passing van crushes the last cookie to dust.

webadict and 4maskwolf leave the house, each heading in a separate direction in a cold, cruel, cookieless world. They both glance longingly upon the remains of the smashed cookie.

notquitethere hammers on their window, screaming something that sounds like “4maskwolf no mustard!” because this is PG.

Luckyowl and ToonyMan shake their head sadly, closing the door and returning inside. An accomplice remains.

Day 1 has ended!

webadict has been lynched!

webadict was town!

4maskwolf has been vengekilled!

4maskwolf was the mafia flagbearer!

Day 2 begins!

Voting

ToonyMan (0) -

Luckyowl (0) -

notquitethere (0) -o

Not voting - ToonyMan, Luckyowl, notquitethere

2 votes to hammer.

Day 2 ends on Wednesday January 13th at 2pm Central
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2021, 08:03:14 am »

notquitethere hammers on their window, screaming something that sounds like “4maskwolf no mustard!” because this is PG.
Aaaaaaand yoink.

Also bah.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2021, 08:43:01 am »

PFP

Okay. That wasn't what I expected, but it worked out.

Luckyowl is 1000 IQ scum or he's town. Props to him if I'm fooled.

It's NQT. He voted Webadict first not expecting me to hammer, his mistake. I was wrong, but Webadict was right and hit their flagbearer. NQT is claiming I'm scum because scum would never bus when he knows his buddy 4mask voted Webadict too.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2021, 08:59:05 am »

Interrupt

The town win by eliminating both mafia players, but if they lynch the flagbearer, they win immediately.

??

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2021, 09:02:34 am »

The flagbearer was vengekilled, not lynched.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2021, 09:13:09 am »

Hmm, K. Goes back to watching them.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2021, 09:33:41 am »

Well, it's just the three of us. I'm not all keen on voting on a whim now. I want to hear what NQH got to say. Because I found myself in a weird position where I can turn this into Town win. Or a town loss. So I want be very careful how I proceed this.

ToonyMan: Wasn't it your vote that got Webadict expelled from this house? Also, you said something about Mafia's would stick together. So me and Webadict must be the Mafia. However Webadict flipped town. What do you think about me now?

NQH: You said to 4maskwolf that you were going to do some analysis on day 2. Wish to share with us? Also are you feeling lucky, NQH?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2021, 10:40:23 am »

This is cute, scum team voted each other first thing:
Toonyman stole the cookie from the cookie jar![/b][/i]
@4maskwolf:

This is a classic move. You don't always see it, but often enough (see scum!Persus doing it in the last ProcGen game). Scum at the start don't want to make any needless enemies. They're sniffing around, waiting until town find town scum. Any town they vote for is going to be an enemy. This is what's happened here with ToonyMan and 4mask.

Again you can see this distancing in 4mask here:

Luckyowl

notquitethere
Toonyman

webadict
He locks in Lucky as town, hoping to create a D2 ally (he must be expecting Toony to get hit by the vengekill for hammering). Wuba defies expectation and kills 4mask instead. The scum team made one ploy and they blew it all on hoping to buddy Owl on D2.

And LuckyOwl, I can only act without hope. Luck doesn't come into it, it's all up to you to make the right choice.

p.s.

Also, worth being clear here: I know LuckyOwl is 100% town, even if we ignore all the D1 dumbtells. A scum!Owl would have just hammered me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10