Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 5: Aggressively Inactive  (Read 4176 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 0: Opening
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2021, 06:28:55 am »

Stiria reaches through its gate, and grasps around for something that fits the description of "Adaptable, Edible, Plants" possibly in an attempt at taking the Pismire's faith, and possibly in an attempt at wiping out all life on the world, knowing whatever it pulls out will be interesting. [3OI]
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2021, 06:57:46 am »

Do nothing

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2021, 07:07:38 am »

Use my 1 II to build a castle for the Pismire

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2021, 10:11:43 am »

MAKE PREPERATIONS TO STORM THE MAJOR GATE AND CLAIM IT BY MY PRESNSE ALONE.
IF ANYONE GETS IN THE WAY OF THIS MAGNIFICENT AND AWE-INSPIRING(in the stupid stuff that should never work category) SHOOT THEM DOWN!

FOR DAKKA!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:15:20 am by TricMagic »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2021, 10:35:46 pm »

""

Ik is not impatient and does nothing while waiting for any mortal to say "I have no sun/son!" At this point, one of two things will happen depending on whether said mortal is telling the truth:
  • Those who do not speak falsehoods will be given a brightly glowing and probably long-lived but otherwise normal sun-child to whatever extent 3 II and whatever donations come in allow.
  • Those who choose not to speak the truth will instead find their sun/son made to glow as brightly and live as long as 3 II and whatever donations turn up allow.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 10:16:58 pm »

"Oh dear, oh dear. No light in the sky, no celestial heavens."

4OI: Hannah attempts to bring in an objectthat emits light usable for photosyntehsis reactions that IS NOT a star and will not destroy everything in its immediate radius.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2021, 04:36:13 am »

Tick 2: You are my Sonshine

In the first act of actively inviting Otherworlders into this world, Stiria pulls out a long vine from Minor Gate! And keeps pulling and pulling! By the time the vine is all the way through it winds around the entire Junkyard four times. Dotting across this Longvine are golden head-sized berries and silver flowers. The non-Pismire local fauna take to eating the berries, each growing larger and stronger as a result. Pismire scouts reporting this phenomena soon follow suit, bringing back this miraculous food source back to their base camp. Pismire across the junkyard praise the creators for this find (Stiria -3OI)

Blatantly infringing on another God's sphere of influence, The Lock and the Key does absolutely nothing! (The Lock and the Key - 0OI -0II -0SI -0EIEIO)

Petra builds a castle around the Pismire basecamp! They are incredibly confused by this! For the most part they seem to assume the trash they where camping on crumbled away to reveal remnants of a lost civilization somehow. They begin working at cleaning away the surrounding trash to give the place viable defenses.(Petra -1 OI)

Dakka makes preparations to invade the gate by himself! He has promised to shoot anyone who gets in the way of these preparations! Nobody seems to get in his way, unless The Lock and The Key happens to be doing nothing in a bad place.

Deep in the Nornal heartland a conversation is said to have occurred.
"My, your children's feet sound so strong as they stride across the ground! You must be very proud of your sons!"
"I have no son/sun! This is the sound of my sweet-smelling daughters!"

And lo, the Nornal Mother had been notgifted for not speaking falsehoods! They had been given a glowing son/sun to cherish and see things by. At first the Nornals had been horrified by this blinding light, but soon came to accept it as it was much easier to move around the world with their eyes than with their noses as so many things lack a decent scent. When he was young he was told to climb a tall tree to share his light with his village, but soon they had begun to build him Awesomely tall temples to shine his light as far as possible. From these temples they could see many foreign Gates, opening an instinctual longing among the Nornals.

Daylight has been brought to Nornal lands, but it is an erratic affair that goes down whenever the apparently immortal Sunchild leaves his throne. He soon developed a system of dyed hides to allow his people to know how long he will be away, such as putting up green-dyed skins to turn his light green before he rests for the night. This continues to evolve into primitive one-sided communication as other colors are introduced to give coded messages to all the people of the realm. (Ik - 3II)

In an alternative source for sunlight, Hanna brings fourth a not-sun not-son light projector from a controlled Gate! She pulls out a ceramic jar, from which sunlight spills like water into whatever land it is poured before slowly fading over the course of hours. It doesn't seem to run out of sunlight no matter how long it is poured, and the plants in the area seem to be happy to make use of it and not spontaneously combust. As there is currently no intelligent life around Hannah's gates, it currently just makes the Plants happy and gives the Nornals high in their tower more reason to investigate in this direction. (Hannah -4 OI)

------GATE ACTION-------

Once again the inappropriately named Minor Gate opens! From it emerges a single crimson red gauntlet with gold outlines and six sharpened fingers. It radiates power, but the locals seem to be unable to detect it and leave it along amongst all the rest of the junk.

Medium Gate A shutters and closes in the first lost gate! It is soon followed by Minor Gate B! Bad time to B B. It seems that these losses will be replaced by Three new Gates next Tick. 

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gates (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 2: You are my Sonshine
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2021, 04:54:06 am »

Once again the inappropriately named Minor Gate opens! From it emerges a single crimson red gauntlet with gold outlines and six sharpened fingers. It radiates power, but the locals seem to be unable to detect it and leave it along amongst all the rest of the junk.
The Minor Gate had clearly thrown down the gauntlet against the Lock and the Key!

The Lock and the Key solemnly contemplates his lack of hands. Then the gauntlet.

In a stroke of inspiration, he sort of shuffles out his key which "phwumps" on the ground. Game on!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:28:05 am by Demonic Spoon »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2021, 05:26:34 am »

Petra appears to the Pismire and tells them
“I am Petra. I have noticed you trying to build defenses and have assisted in this by building this castle for you. I have learned of a gauntlet filled with power that lies somewhere on this planet. I will try to get it to you”

Petra goes after the Gauntlet, trying to retrieve it for the Pismires
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 06:48:56 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2021, 05:45:51 am »

Daylight has been brought to Nornal lands, but it is an erratic affair that goes down whenever the apparently immortal Sunchild leaves his throne. He soon developed a system of dyed hides to allow his people to know how long he will be away, such as putting up green-dyed skins to turn his light green before he rests for the night. This continues to evolve into primitive one-sided communication as other colors are introduced to give coded messages to all the people of the realm. (Ik - 3II)

*Thump* *Thump* beats Sunson's heart during a greentime. *Thump* *Thump* it beats, growing ever louder and louder in his hearing until all else is drowned out beneath the *Thump* *Thump*

And then his heart speaks, in the voice of his own shining blood, "Oh nephew, *thump*, blessed by the gods! I, *thump*, The Lock, *thump*, The Key, *thump* have chosen you *thump* to carry out sacred task. *thump* Take your people, *thump* and light their way to the land I now promise you, *thump* the land of Gold-Berries and Silver-Flowers! *thump* Follow now my guidance to that place of future prosperity! *thump*"

At first the Sunson perhaps thought he had gone mad, or saw no reason to take up such daunting task at the urgings of his imaginings, yet every green-time the message would repeat, growing louder and more persistent, Sunson's ribcage beginning to ache from the insistent thumping of his heart. Finally he could do naught but yield, and speak to the tower builders of a place he had seen with his sonlight, where the Nornal could live eating Gold-Berries and smelling Silver-flowers.

And so Sunson and other Nornals set off to the Major Gate Minor Gate, guided by the solar heart. As they approached the mountainous trashheap, the Nornals faltered, and Sunson doubted. Animals of great size frightened the puny nornals. Sunson muttered,
"Oh Lock and Key, this is the land you promised? It is a heap of trash! Infested with monsters!"

And his heart thumped in admonishment. "Do not let the pollution of Stiria *Thump* fool thine senses oh Sunson! *Thump*  Look again and see the bounteous greenery, *Thump* upon which grows the fruits and flowers, *Thump* which have strengthened these beasts of garbage so! *Thump* Go forth and claim this mountain, *Thump* and eat of its fruit and smell of its flowers, *Thump* and I will surely bless you, *Thump* and I will multiply your children like the unstars in the sky *Thump* and the sand on the seashore. *Thump* Your descendants will possess the gates of their enemies. *Thump* And through your offspring all nations of the earth will be blessed, *Thump* because you have obeyed My voice."

And so, the Sunson hardened their heart, and insisted they continue up the mountain. The Nornals tasted of the fruits, and smelled the flowers, and were happy. Yet even as they were planning how to tame the beasts and where to best build the new sun-tower, a scouting Nornal returned, worried and morose.

"Oh Sunson, terrible news! There are strange and alien people, with carapace and the aspects of ants! They use strange tools of gleaming unmelting ice that seems to hold the aspect of fire! Their nest is like a many many suntowers, greater than any structure that has ever been! It must have been godwrought!"

And Sunson doubted his heart, and sought out to question it again.

And his heart hammered against his spine in chastisement,
"Oh nephew Sunson, *Thump* did I not say that your seed would number like the unstars? *Thump* These people shall be your brides, *Thump* and lay with you to lay many off-spring eggs! *Thump* Go forth and seduce them!"

Sunson was understandably somewhat put out by all this, but in consideration of needing a co-operative heart to remain alive, hesitantly went towards the ant nests.

Encourage Sunson to lead some Nornals to the Major Gate Minor Gate and claim it and seduce the antpeople there.

2 Inner Influence: The Lock and the Key makes the Pismire lust greatly after Nornals, seeing them as prime mates, especially Sunson, attempting to let them breed with their reproductive castes, if they are discovered.

1 Self: Should Sunson adhere to the commands of the Lock and the Key, he shall be gifted some divine self blood, to use or consume as he sees fit.

2 Self: The Lock and the Key attempts to bleed lockblood all over the Major Gate Minor Gate to claim it for the Self, and freak out various mortals.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:38:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2021, 06:26:21 am »

Stiria Expends his power to drop a Temple near the Pismire, the temple is a large metal and stone structure the size of a castle, inside it is decorated with multitudes of finely etched sculptures of [THE VINE] and [MINOR GATE]- in the center of the temple is a decorative statue of Stiria and an alter with Stiria's name written upon it. the temple has been blessed so that those who pray at it may rarely gain some small inspiration at random. [-2 II]

for his next trick, Stiria reaches into [MINOR GATE] Three times quickly, Snatching three Non influencing constellations which it throws into the heavens above the world, granting light to everyone and with luck putting some pretty shapes in far above. [-1 OI, -1 OI, -1 OI]
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2021, 08:27:30 am »

Take the Major Gate!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2021, 08:36:34 am »

Take the Major Gate!
Prevent them from taking the Major Gate!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2021, 08:53:32 am »

Take the Major Gate!
Prevent them from taking the Major Gate!
Fire the DAKKA! Continue Taking Major Gate!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2021, 07:28:09 am »

[Stiria vaguely pokesat the laws of time, wondering if they are moving]
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6