Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Voyage: Space Odyssey (e2 "Deep Waters" Ft. Mephansteras)  (Read 19274 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 10:07:54 pm »

Anyway. Let's see what we got for races:

A. GREYS
Grey humanoids shorter than 5 feet with semi-transparent wings that flap rapidly to let them fly. Mostly raiders with advanced blasters. Avoid melee as best they can as they can't wear most armor. In short, their body is weak but they can fly fast.

B. THE ZEBRA PEOPLE
Appearance: They look similar to humans but they have zebra heads and are covered in strips.
Homeworld: Probably has a lot of savannas, and deserts, some small forests, cities, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of because I suck at large scale world building.
Spaceships: They look almost exactly like NASA space shuttles, but they have stripes.

C. CRIX'UQS
Appearance: Crix'uqs are (relatively) tall humanoids(6 to 7.5 ft) with red skin. Due to such a long era of evolution, no crix'uqs look the same. Some have tentacles while some have developed extra limbs. However, there are some characteristics which all crix'uqs possess such as reddish skin and their height, and almost all of them prefer long hair. Their primary limbs are also strongly attached to their body. They don't have tails. :\ (I built their appearance based on some I saw in a local show but I can't find the damn episode on internet.A bit like Hellboy)
Homeworld: While their home galaxy is now uninhabitable, after such a long time the Crix'Uqs all over the universe have united recently and have established the giant mineral rich planet Dosophus 2770B(or some other name) as their home. After millennia of development, it is one of the most advanced planets ever known in history, some may even mistake it for a sun. It contains many bustling metropolises and security drones can be seen droning everywhere in the lower atmosphere. Its defense is almost fool proof with powerful lasers that can pierce the hull of any ship and latest tech missiles. Crix'uqs have again become a major alien specie and are spread in many galaxies, although, lacking in population, they make up for it with droids for almost every task so they make up the base of their economy.
Spaceships: Some of the Crix'uq spaceships today are very ancient ones and most of the tasks in them are automatic. However, these are only used in wars against foes who really must be defeated as these spaceships are very rare and can't be repaired. So, normally they are docked in military bases. Modern Crix'Uq spaceships are in the shape of wasps and are known for their size and the strength of their hulls. They have large cargo capacity. They mostly deploy slow but very effective weapons and require minimum crew. However they are quite weak to infiltration, so most of them deploy an anti-personnel droid or two.

D. VIOLETS
Sentient plants who use gamma radiation and X ray radiation as well as ultraviolet for photosynthesis. As a result, they tend to colonize planets closer to stars than other organisms. Lead is incorporated into their cells to protect their DNA equivalent from free radicals. Atmospheres of the planets they colonize are filled with the pheromones they communicate with, as a result of easy communication, each planet has their own society and thus wars are rare. However, due to their unique form of communication, diplomacy with other species can be difficult. This has unfortunately led to misunderstandings and inter species wars, so investments in defense has been made, leading to more misunderstanding that they are after war when in fact they just want defense. Some planets of Violets have managed trade with other species, though it is rare. Their spaceships are of course a built for absorbing UV, X-ray, and Gamma radiation. The fuel for them is any oxygen waste made by photosynthesis. Because of them not absorbing what the humans call visible light, to most humans, they appear, as one described, a “white squid covered in leaves”. Some humans can see in ultraviolet, and describe us as light purple. I managed to talk with this one because of the 26 symbols it uses. Apparently squids are creatures with ten non filtering roots that have tall heads, like us except they have a mouth somewhere, from writings I have determined that most of these creatures have something preventing them from gathering UV light. Experiments on these creatures have shown that lead is toxic to them, so it was removed. The two humans we found were returned shortly after, we don’t want a war with them. I am sending them these what they call notes as well as a description on why we invest in defenses. I hope I can find what one of them called a botanist, maybe I can help them make a translator. Until then, the writings will have to do.

E. HUMANITY

Please vote for 2 you'd like to be prolific in this galaxy. (thanks for your submissions Secretdorf, King Zultan, and Naturegirl1999!)
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2021, 10:09:37 pm »

CD

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2021, 10:55:11 pm »

CE

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2021, 11:05:02 pm »

CD

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2021, 11:23:41 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
AB:
AD:
AE:
BC:
BD:
BE:
CA:
CB:
CD: (2) NG, SecretDorf
CE: (1) LuckyOwl
DE:

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2021, 11:42:23 pm »

CD
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2021, 11:44:08 pm »

AB:
AD:
AE:
BC:
BD:
BE:
CA:
CB:
CD: (3) NG, SecretDorf, a1s
DE:

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2021, 12:09:07 am »

I'm sensing enthusiasm from NG general direction..
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2021, 12:12:17 am »

I'm sensing enthusiasm from NG general direction..
you are correct, does the Votebox make things easier or harder for you to keep count?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2021, 12:12:57 am »

Easier.
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2021, 12:19:14 am »

Good

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2021, 06:13:53 am »

BC

I need zebras, I don't care if they're poorly thought out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2021, 06:17:10 am »

AB:
AD:
AE:
BC: (1) King Zultan
BD:
BE:
CA:
CB:
CD: (3) NG, SecretDorf, a1s
DE:

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2021, 12:51:07 pm »

BC

I need zebras, I don't care if they're poorly thought out.

I admit, trying to figure out which is worse: hoove hands or zebra fingers...it keeps me up at night...

(Probably just never take off gloves)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 01:03:30 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2021, 01:35:17 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24