Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Voyage: Space Odyssey (e2 "Deep Waters" Ft. Mephansteras)  (Read 18772 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 06:57:10 pm »

Well I like your plant alien, so take that.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 07:04:47 pm »

:D
I’m glad you like it

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2021, 07:29:11 pm »

PLOT ARMOR is totally going to be a mechanic...

Start: -2 plot armor
1 Episode: -1
2 Episodes: 0
1 Season: +1

Current longevity record: +1
Special role tied to episode/arc: +X during episode/arc
Spectator favorite: +1

-4: COFFIN. Technically or literally dead-on-arrival.
-3: DOOMED. WILL die.
-2: CURSED. Die to any danger.
-1: OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD. Walking episode plot token.
+0: UNCLEAR. Walking arc plot token.
+1: SCRAPPY. Walking season finale plot token.
+2: OLD FAITHFUL. Walking "shit is REALLY hitting the fan!" plot token.
+3: BF HERO. Weakness: "The Heroic Death"
+4: CHOSEN. Weakness: "Destiny complete"

Things like "rule of cool" will totally be a thing too.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2021, 04:30:23 am »

My favorites are (in no particular order) Classic, TNG(and ST: Picard), and Voyager. I also like The Orville, The Expanse, and...while it is a little cheesy, Battlestar Glactica and Stargate SG1. I love the classic Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and The X Files.
All good things.

As for the custom race how about zebra people, they're like people but they have zebra heads.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 07:32:15 am »

For Aliens:
Grey humanoids shorter than 5 feet with semi-transparent wings that flap rapidly to let them fly. Mostly raiders with advanced blasters. Avoid melee as best they can as they can't wear most armor. In short, their body is weak but they can fly fast.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 05:18:56 am »

Crix'uqs:
 A race known as the most ancient in the whole  universe. Crix'uq history tells of a time when the race had discovered countless secrets and developed technology the kinds of which a present era scientist can't even think of. It was an era of peace in the universe. Alas it was not to last. Something happened almost 1 million years ago which left their home galaxy in ruins. Those who were away from their home survived and seek to rebuild their lost glorious worlds. But it had likely taken billions of years and it might be impossible now. Crix'uqs are tall reddish humanoids with long hair. They possess a diverse range of abilities, thanks to such a long age of evolution. Now they are mostly found in ancient and powerful spaceships travelling around the worlds to eradicate evil, which they believe was the reason of their fall. They colonize worlds all over the galaxies and possess very Amazing technologies that they invent with their most revered power i.e. their intelligence.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:26:19 am by Secretdorf »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 09:48:13 pm »

Great aliens everyone!

If I could ask you to make sure to include these 3 descriptions (update or edit in).

Appearance:
Homeworld:
Spaceships:

Also any natural powers and abilities. Some of them have most but some are a little sparse on the basic information.

Edit: Also, be sure to vote, so I know which races people want to see featured most prominently in the beginning.
Actually, scratch that. We'll have a formal vote in a couple days.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:15:31 pm by roseheart »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 09:56:01 pm »

Sign me the fuck up
it's over

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2021, 02:23:48 am »

Spoiler: "Crix'Uqs" (click to show/hide)
(My intention was not to build supermen.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:58:15 am by Secretdorf »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2021, 02:46:36 am »

]
Violets
Sentient plants who use gamma radiation and X ray radiation as well as ultraviolet for photosynthesis. As a result, they tend to colonize planets closer to stars than other organisms. Lead is incorporated into their cells to protect their DNA equivalent from free radicals. Atmospheres of the planets they colonize are filled with the pheromones they communicate with, as a result of easy communication, each planet has their own society and thus wars are rare. However, due to their unique form of communication, diplomacy with other species can be difficult. This has unfortunately led to misunderstandings and inter species wars, so investments in defense has been made, leading to more misunderstanding that they are after war when in fact they just want defense. Some planets of Violets have managed trade with other species, though it is rare. Their spaceships are of course a built for absorbing UV, X-ray, and Gamma radiation. The fuel for them is any oxygen waste made by photosynthesis. Because of them not absorbing what the humans call visible light, to most humans, they appear, as one described, a “white squid covered in leaves”. Some humans can see in ultraviolet, and describe us as light purple. I managed to talk with this one because of the 26 symbols it uses. Apparently squids are creatures with ten non filtering roots that have tall heads, like us except they have a mouth somewhere, from writings I have determined that most of these creatures have something preventing them from gathering UV light. Experiments on these creatures have shown that lead is toxic to them, so it was removed. The two humans we found were returned shortly after, we don’t want a war with them. I am sending them these what they call notes as well as a description on why we invest in defenses. I hope I can find what one of them called a botanist, maybe I can help them make a translator. Until then, the writings will have to do.
Is this good? If not, tell me what needs to be added, also would you rather I put it all into one perspective or is this fine?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2021, 08:46:09 am »

zebra people
Appearance: They look similar to humans but they have zebra heads and are covered in strips.
Homeworld: Probably has a lot of savannas, and deserts, some small forests, cities, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of because I suck at large scale world building.
Spaceships: They look almost exactly like NASA space shuttles, but they have stripes.

Hope this is good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2021, 10:37:50 am »

I remember hearing about the Botg long before I knew where they were from
...ponders... Ahhh.. You meant "Borg".

(I seized upon this chance to PTW without just P-ingTW. It's a mildly useless comment but it's the best way to stop me missing this in the uncurated splurge of Show (all) Unread Posts, etc.  :P )

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2021, 10:42:48 am »

Yes, I meant Borg. I need to preview things more often

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2021, 09:47:26 pm »

I've been deciding what to do for episode 1.

I could either do a crazy high mortality mission, since I don't intend to do that much...

Con:
It may not represent normal gameplay well.

Pros:
Give the survivors (if any) a story.
Start things off with a bang.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2021, 09:52:58 pm »

Nah, I got it!

I'm just going to take it slow, like I do in Tribe. But I am signed up to host a session of Mafia. I'll just make it a crossover or something.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24