Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 15 - THE FINAL PHASE  (Read 16768 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season One - (9/~4) - MISSION PHASE 2 BEGINS
« Reply #420 on: May 15, 2023, 06:40:07 pm »

"This is it, isn't it? I don't want to die."

Extra paces back and forth, expecting any moment for the apartment to be swallowed up by that horrible machine.

"If we even get close to that thing, we're dead. If we run, we're dead later. We may as well stay here and await death."

Brick shrugs at his boss's mental breakdown and turns to leave and fight the Visk.

"We can at least fight it. Maybe we'll have a chance if we use those hyper-powers."
"No. I know how this goes. With something this big, there's a price to victory. Someone is going to sacrifice themselves to that... thing. Can you imagine how I would feel if it were you?"
"..."
"I can't. I can't lose you. I'd rather we both die than go through that."
"I understand. I don't want that to happen either. We can't just stay here, though. Even if the world ends anyway, I haven't spent enough time with you."

Mistress Extra and Princess Professional depart to flee to Stoney Island.

An awkward silence falls over the room as they leave.
"So, um, how are we going to take that thing down?"

Chiffon liquidates her wealth and arms herself, Lynxxx, and Atla with laser-resistant suits. All three set out to hopefully breach the heart of the monolith. Pockette is tapped for support but should stay out of danger.
Captain Georgia is sent to keep the robotic arms at bay, or at least provide backup for Tin Soldier.
Flea is recruited as well to distract the arms with his jump good.

Dang how'd I forget about The Chorist? He goes to fight Muskrat, having a nice protective suit and a power which probably works best on humanoids.

Spoiler: PUNCH! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 01:08:15 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Manager - Season Three - Mission Phase 15 - THE FINAL PHASE
« Reply #421 on: May 16, 2023, 04:02:32 am »

No actions yet, just updating my sheet.

Spoiler: Protection Inc. (click to show/hide)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 16, 2023, 08:45:50 am »

Spoiler: Route Horizon (click to show/hide)

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"I've got a lot of calls to make, so this better be... Retry?"

"...Thank you."
"Maybe.. maybe now I can do his memory justice."

Deployment:
Pathfinder has been invited to Mission 5A.
Afterwards, she will deploy to Mission 3E. 1 Reputation spent for Local Assistance.
Animalia will be sent to protect the evacuation in Mission 1. 1 Reputation spent for Local Assistance.
The Woman Lamp will be sent to Mission 3D.
Lazard will be offered a reduced sentence to participate in Mission 3D.

The only thing I'd want to change here is buying Pathfinder a mirror suit, but sadly it's not currently in the budget.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 08:55:29 am by VermilionSkies »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 16, 2023, 01:06:39 pm »

Spoiler: Route Horizon (click to show/hide)

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"I've got a lot of calls to make, so this better be... Retry?"

"...Thank you."
"Maybe.. maybe now I can do his memory justice."

Deployment:
Pathfinder has been invited to Mission 5A.
Afterwards, she will deploy to Mission 3E. 1 Reputation spent for Local Assistance.
Animalia will be sent to protect the evacuation in Mission 1. 1 Reputation spent for Local Assistance.
The Woman Lamp will be sent to Mission 3D.
Lazard will be offered a reduced sentence to participate in Mission 3D.

The only thing I'd want to change here is buying Pathfinder a mirror suit, but sadly it's not currently in the budget.

(Isn’t Retry still mute? Did she tap Morse code into the phone?)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 16, 2023, 01:11:29 pm »

(Got one of those text to speech apps, clearly)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 16, 2023, 01:34:25 pm »

(She hasn't actually paid attention to The Watch in a hot minute, she only remembers Retry, Frostara, and vaguely Psyla and The Mangler II by name. Last she checked up on them, Chiffon was still on the team.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 16, 2023, 02:02:10 pm »

She doesn’t know about Void? For shame.

EDIT: Let's figure out what the Watch actually looks like right now.

Spoiler: The Watch (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 09:18:03 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2023, 04:56:22 pm »

Lets show 'em how it is done!

3A: Tin Soldier, the Spork (with his new anti-magnetic gadget and his slightly older railgun), and Constellation Aurora should have no trouble taking out the arms thanks to E-Corp tipping their hand early on all the super magnets. Without this built-in counter Tin Soldier's power should let him take out much of the creature easily.
3B: The Chorist got this, looks like.
3C: House Edge will use its previous Crossover with Jennifer to make the giant slug a normal slug. We have no inherent problems with the Bro Club's plan but the fact that Jennifer's powers prevent other powers from working likely means supercharging her powers is impossible...since she'd block the power attempting to give her more powers.
3D: This mission was made for Lord Bombarrel, so he'll gladly take it on. Easy assignment.
3E: PB, Toytown, Beacon Blazes, and Free Villain Crossover Gigaman go in guns blazing. You just have to sacrifice yourself one last time PB! Almost there! Gigaman is still a hero in prison due to a misunderstanding so he's the most stable choice, despite his insanity. At the very least he's probably not going to betray us and will make a good meat shield. BB has some combaty powers and anti-laser armor so they go here.

Does the mutually exclusive apply to crossovers? If not:

1Cish - Bakal will show up to have a spirited theological debate with the Cleansing as fellow religious heroes. She will bring cookies and isn't meant to fight. I know from personal experience it is impossible to escape a conversation with little old filipina ladies with cookies. While she's distracting them everyone else can escape.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 21, 2023, 02:13:10 am »

All looks good.

I realise I used [mutually exclusive] in two different ways here (not helpful)— for most missions it means if your heroes pick one branch (attack the thing) they can't do the other branch (take part in the thing). But for the Monolith fight, I mean just that the same hero can't take part in multiple sub-missions. All is as you'd expect.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2023, 09:17:37 am »

No actions yet, just updating my sheet
The time for action is now!

Película, a runaway teen with trust issues, sinks a second fortune into her new family. (+2 Wealth). HazMat suits are bought
4-D is given temporary Clemency

Zirconia goes to disagree with the Cleansing (1C)

4-D, Black Box and Public Enemy go make problems for Aunti-Anti. If anything, Public Enemy might enjoy the effects of her powers, and I have no idea what the other two even do. (2B)

Mentat, and Reflux visit Big Baby for a powerup (5A), spending 2 Sandup Rep.

Then Mentat, Camarada and Crackler go to 3A.
Nitrox (with a repaired HazMat upgrade) goes to 3B.
Chap Stick (with a new HazMat upgrade) goes to 3C.
Reflux goes to 3D.
Película and the Baron (with a Bullet-proof upgrade) goes to 3E.

Spoiler: Protection Inc. (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 28, 2023, 07:26:51 pm »

Spoiler: The Watch (click to show/hide)

Watchpoint and Wiffle to 3A.
Frostara and Animalia to 3C.
Watchtower to 6.
Karma Kid and Ascupart to 2B.
Cursed Legacy to 1C. However, hang back while Bakal tries to convince them to stop peacefully; resolving this non-violently would be preferred, even if it’s unlikely.
Void to 3D.
Psyla, Cephala, Mangler, Keros, and Thornrose to 3B. Psyla and Cephala are bought Hazmat suits.
Retry will go 5A, burning 2 Sandup rep for local assistance. Afterward, she will go wherever she's most able to help - probably 3E. Additionally, her armor is updated to protect against lasers.

"This had better work."

(The Bro Club's plan is not being permitted.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 12:18:17 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 02, 2023, 08:56:15 pm »

Dandy Lads will call in Crossovers from Don Jetman and Marigold to work together on producing as many laser-and-bullet-proof AWE brand supersuits as possible for the heroes invading the heart of the monolith, starting with the Dandy Lads themselves. Jetman is an expert in production logistics (and used to be an expert in more besides), Marigold can generate vast material wealth. Together they should be able to save quite a few lives.

Also call in Crossovers with Brutus and Marion Man, who should be given priority on any suits beyond the first four. Brutus is far too proud to allow some renegade scientist to devour the world with a mechanical amalgamation. Marion Man will be promised some scrap to keep as clown parts if he assists and returns to custody as agreed.

Don Jetman is also welcome to come to the heart of the monolith personally, if he'd like.

All four Dandy Lads and their allies, now hopefully armored, then join the strike force at 3E: The heart of the monolith.

oops Marigold doesn't owe us anymore lol

Dandy Lads will call in Crossovers with Don Jetman and Marion Man to mass produce and deploy clown soldiers to aid with the monolith breach. Marion Man is promised a second batch to be held in storage for when he gets out of jail, if he assists and returns to custody as agreed.

Dandy Lads themselves call in a Crossover with Brutus to help evacuate civilians via land route. Current negotiators are given time to work before punchier solutions are attempted.

Spoiler: The Dandy Lads (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:44:01 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]