Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The Imperial Question -- Angry Irishmen in space! [3/8] (New players welcome!)  (Read 11998 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Imperial Question -- A space epic RPG / RTD+ [2/8]
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2021, 05:09:49 pm »

Hey, so, obviously I let this die again. I feel kinda bad since it's kinda the case of "oopsie, I did it again" and then I feel awkward about coming out and apologizing and trying to keep it going. Motivation for me to continue on creative projects is always hard once that initial spark goes away, so that's something I need to work on.

However, with The Canadian kitten, and naturegirl (who PM'd me interest in continuing), that brings the party up to 4 which helps with motivation to continue writing the story out, since I do have a continued interest in it even if sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed.

I don't wanna keep doing this over and over, since I respect ya'lls time and effort in this project as well, but if that interest is still there among the (4-ish) of you, I'm glad to keep forging ahead and disciplining myself. I just don't know what the general impression of me disappearing for months is.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2021, 06:29:18 pm »

I’m still interested. Sorry for also disappearing for months

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2021, 07:21:22 pm »

A sci-fi narrative that takes forever to update?  What kind of terrible GM would do one of those?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2021, 08:11:49 pm »

I am still interested in this, and perfectly fine with you taking your time/taking a rest.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2021, 04:30:10 am »

I'm still interested in playing, if your still interested in continuing it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2021, 10:38:53 am »

Well that all sounds good then, thank you all for your extreme patience.

I’m still interested. Sorry for also disappearing for months

There's no problem here, I'm particularly guilty here as well. I will update soon so feel free to throw in a description of what your character has been up to during the earlier turns, otherwise I'll just fill in the gaps.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Imperial Question -- Angry Irishmen in space! [4/8]
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2021, 12:06:18 am »

Hello again, obviously it's been a while since my last post here. I've not given up, just that last week in particular was very rough in terms of exams and I never got around to it. I've been very bogged down and in a spot where it's difficult to get motivation to write, so that's led to difficulty.

That being said, writing and storytelling does wonders for my state of mind and I really want to get this up and running and on a steady schedule. I will drop an update tomorrow, then work to maintain 3-4 days max between posts, as originally intended. Thank you again for patience, it means a lot.
- Charles Babbage

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello all, it's been quite a while but I've reached out to all the players from before over PMs in the past week and there's been a surprising amount of interest. 3 players have expressed interest in continuing this game, which I'm both grateful for and surprised considering my tendency to "jump off the boat" so to speak.

I'll be posting a turn in a few days, and will use that time to review some things and let players do the same and/or alter their moves. At least one of the players who expressed interest wasn't active last time I got it going briefly again, so they'll need to post a move.

For anyone else interested in joining us, feel free to pick up one of the existing characters that suits your fancy. The only stipulation is, out of respect to previous players and my sudden continuation of the game, for a period of two weeks starting now, the previous player is able to come back and claim their character. Anyone else is free to as well during that time, but until the two week grace period is up, there is a small but present chance you may have to give the character up if the previous player returns.

There's also, er, an eighth slot open to fill. I would prefer if the existing characters were taken before a new character is made but in light of the above, I would also understand if there is interest in making a new character.

Either way thank you all for your continuing interest, and I would love to make good on that interest by keeping my motivation on this project hard at work to keep the story going so we can all explore this universe. Thanks!
- Charles Babbage

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad to see this continue, can't wait for the continuation!

Also you could mention the need for players in the Forum game list which is where games sometimes mention the need for additional players.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad to see this continue, can't wait for the continuation!

Also you could mention the need for players in the Forum game list which is where games sometimes mention the need for additional players.

Excited that people still have interest, heh. I made a post in that forum game list. I suppose the main issue here is how daunting the character "history" is, but here's to hoping some new faces show up!
- Charles Babbage

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hopefully we'll see some new faces soon.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can I Join?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I Join?

Sure this works. I'll give a few more days for anyone else who is interested and for the other legacy players who showed interest to submit an action, and then maybe I'll do like a recap or something.

Anyways with the exception of BlackPaladin99, if you would like to alter your turn please do so soon-ish. I think of the three who expressed interest, both have a turn up except for The_Twin_Eternities
- Charles Babbage

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I Join?

Sure this works. I'll give a few more days for anyone else who is interested and for the other legacy players who showed interest to submit an action, and then maybe I'll do like a recap or something.

Anyways with the exception of BlackPaladin99, if you would like to alter your turn please do so soon-ish. I think of the three who expressed interest, both have a turn up except for The_Twin_Eternities

See above, no change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm good with the action I posted no need to change it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7