Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)  (Read 3074 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)
« on: January 10, 2021, 08:06:51 pm »

"Between the time when the Titanomachy fell and rise of the Etruscan kings, there was an age undreamed of.
A time where fate of empires rested on steel and foul sorcery shaped the land.

It is an age of darkness, a time when men no longer feared the beasts of darkness but each other.
It was a sword-age, a spear-age a time when men feared the axe.

It is a age of chaos, a time of bother against bother, a time of war to the knife.
An age when the land is ruled by the steel in hand. "

-------------------

Your head hurts it stings with every breath.
The rain kisses your face, an unending deluge from above.
It hurts to open your left eye, brow swollen and ear brow hair matted tight with blood.

It's a dark sky, an angry sky as it pours rain down an the promise of thunder echos with bolts crashing across the sky.

You sit up an rub the sour side of your head, you wince as your fingers meet's the broken skin.

The hard rain plasters your shirts to your bare chest as you rise up on your unsteady feet.

It's a grim sight, a battle been an gone, an now the body's fill the land, men felled by spear, bow and sword.
The bodes are scattered half striped across the field.
You can see the piles of loot, war gear, weapons, armor an gold striped from the dead all in heaps, some where in there is your own right full possessions.

In the distance you can see the woods the north, dark and empty an ideal place to hide.
To the south is a village lit by flames an echoing with there cheers of men victorious in battle.

The dark sky above promises a storm and your left arm hurts with a throbbing pain, you will need sheller from the storm but now there a brief moment to try an reclaim your war gear.

1) Scavenge Weapons
2) Scavenge Armour
3) Scavenge Gold
--
A) Head to the dark woods
B) Head to the village.

Oh and whats your Personal Characteristics? are you a man or a women, old or young, fair or dark, short or fat.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 01:36:51 am »

Name: Tazamir Ironbjorn
Description: Grizzled old veteran, stocky and broad shouldered with a permanent frown on his tired face. Scars adorn his face and arms. Wears steel breastplate that is dented and scuffed over his plain clothes, his shins and legs are protected with sun faded leather on top of tattered breeches. Tazamir had grey eyes, and a silvery mane of long hair with a bushy beard.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:41:22 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 05:30:28 am »

Name: Tazamir Ironbjorn
Description: Grizzled old veteran, stocky and broad shouldered with a permanent frown on his tired face. Scars adorn his face and arms. Wears steel breastplate that is dented and scuffed over his plain clothes, his shins and legs are protected with sun faded leather on top of tattered breeches. Tazamir had grey eyes, and a silvery mane of long hair with a bushy beard.
+1

3) Scavenge Gold
A) Head to the dark woods
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 05:31:24 am »

Name : Zinbalar Dragonmighty (Better name always welcome)
Description : A tall young man in his early twenties with sharp black eyes. Long brown hair tied in a pony and a not-too-short-not-too-long beard and a nice mustache. Wears light leather armor and wields a bow and some arrows.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 05:39:18 am by Secretdorf »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 05:38:14 am »

(1) Scavenge weapons
(A) Head to dark woods
Not the greediest around. Armor will just slow us. Let's get our bow and arrows and hide in the woods then calculate what to do next.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 09:43:05 am »

2A
Let’s get armor so our other side doesn’t get damaged as well, the woods will be a better hiding place than the village

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 07:16:58 pm »

-----------------

You miss your old breastplate but you haven't got time to search for it now.
But now you need a weapon, some thing to defended your self with.
The piles of weapons is full of subpar, chipped and damaged weapons but you do find a stout war axe.

It has a sharp wedge shaped axe blade and short pyramid shaped hammer face on the rear.
You run your hand down the spiraling inlaid silver bands.

Getting wetter an colder you head away from the open and towards the dark an foreboding woods.
You struggle to make out much of a path, as what moon light there is makes only shadows an soon your lost.

To be lost is no bad thing, if your lost then hopefully any following is equally lost.

As the trees start to thin-out, the rain comes to a stop an the moon has risen in the clear sky above.

In the distance you can make out a small charcoal burners camp, cut logs stacked in a great pile an a welcome looking tent.
You might not be so welcome your self but your big an mean enough to look after your self.
As you consider heading to the charcoal burners camp, you hear "Psst.. Psst"  from the bushes behind you.

1) Do you investigate the bushes?
2) Head to the camp?

Spoiler: Tazamir Ironbjorn (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 07:29:41 pm »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 08:57:53 pm »

+1
+1
+1

1 it is then,
Oh an windows 10 is a shit show, what was wrong with the old start menu?

The turn to the bushes, there just bushes big enough to hide an army in there foliage.
But you catch the glint of silver in your eye, a flash of  rivets from a stained an ripped brigantine
"I see you.." you call out as you start to grin.

"Shh you Ironwhats it over here! come on quick!"

Theres a woman crouched in the bush nearest you, the good news is you recognize her.
It'd be hard not to, she's a hard woman to forget the sight of.
Pale with long black hair plated tight an braided with silver rings, her hazel eyes and that scar running down the left of her brow above her left eye, an down to a twisted lip below.

You move closer to she her better an hear a distant hunting horn blow.
That make you push your way in the bush, down in the leaves beside her.
She throws a dirty green cloak over the both of you.

Horse hoof's hammer the distant mud squishing, as the riders wheel, leave

Your both quite for a long minutes until she breaks the quiet.
"I see you made it, ouh that must of been a right nasty blow" she remarks on your blacked eye
"well course it hurt and thank your for that, um ah " you point at her scratching your head.
"Skafla, Skafla the Skull taker"
"oh yes, you where the one offering people coins there heads in advance" you tap your head
"I'm still rather attached to it."

You remember the bad, you'd divided up the army, an she was well in the fools an lunatics, the men that think them self into the forms of beast in battle, fools that thing them self gods.
She'd ranted something about her god needing skulls, an was crazy enough to offer any man money on there word alone that she could have there head if they fell in battle.

In all your long years you've never meet a man that would otherwise see the next summer, count on there own death in battle.

"An no i don't care if your offer stands, it's my head an i plan on keeping it."

The spend the night both half sleeping in cold under the bush, waiting until daylight.

In the early dawn light you make good time, stopping only to eat a few berry's for breakfast an lunch.

It's late in the when you reach the safety of a friendly towns gates.

Counting what coins you had stashed away, you find that once you've brought a cloak an few other vitals you will be flat broke.
You need money but how to get it?:

A) A local merchant is looking for more guards for his caravans.
B) A group of near by farmers wants some mean wolf pack killing.
C) A local priest is seeking some one to help remove a holy relic from some unbelievers hands and bring it to them.
D) As the caravans are so under-guarded some one like you strong enough to claim there goods could make them self wealthy extremely fast.

As you finish the last of your drink you look at Skafla, while she hasn't said it, she's following you.
Perhaps here would be a good time to go your separate ways?

Spoiler: Tazamir Ironbjorn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skafla the Skulltaker (click to show/hide)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 10:44:07 pm »

B) Let's help the farmer

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 11:15:10 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 12:01:52 am »

B) Let's help the farmer
+1
+1
If Skafla wishes to come with we can do this together, maybe her god accepts heads from other species?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4