Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)  (Read 3095 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2021, 03:36:29 am »

+1 To talking, the power of friendship and all that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2021, 08:53:00 pm »

A horse sounds like a good thing to have.
Get to know Skafia a bit more, Tazamir hasn't really had many friends in life most likely. Maybe the old war vet needs to open up and talk himself. Travelling companions should always know more about one another.

It's a long walk nearest good sized town, so to pass the time you talk to Skafia trying to get to know her a bit better.

"So Skafia do you um have some one in your life?" you ask.

"You mean do i have a man or a sweet wife waiting for my return? No not now.
Why you have some?"

"No.. there was a man once, Henrig No we weren't not like that, the two of us where like brothers, we where both so young an strong.. God's we craved path in blood back then.
Then where been the women, big, tall, fat, short, thin, pale as alabaster an dark as night.. i've had a lot of women...
But no i've never had a wife not really."

"So you don't have much of family then?" she asks.

"No, well a sister an two uncles at last count. Mind you that was years ago, they could be knee high sprogs by now.
Have You go any?"

"Ah well you see i was raised from birth in a monastery by an order warrior monks... -She grins- No i have a brother an two sisters.
But the whole raised in a monastery by warrior monks line does get me out of a lot of questions."

"So that is what you told the men you um "Occupied" last night." you gin.
"No, i can't i'm a sworn warrior nun of where ever an then ask them to both well lets say get "Occupied" with me, can i?
People tend to like there holy warriors chase."

"But for afterwards "just send the letter to the monastery of where ever.." must help alot right? that has to be some good?"

"More then you know, Tazamir you ever had a doe eyed lad follow you around every where just because you have a sword an breasts that your the best thing since bead?"

"Well once there was this lad, But Henrig cooked him a "Warrior" stew, a sheep's organ meats in beetroot, the lungs stuffed with blue cheese an pan fried.
Quite a nice meal actually but it didn't half turn him green i can tell you...."

-----------

You reach the town as night falls.
You pay for a meal an bed in a reasonable inn, and next morning head to the horse market.

You spend a good while looking around the courtyards at the horseflesh on offer, but in the end you settle on a chestnut stallion of 16 hands.
After paying for it to be stabled an the cost of a saddle, bridle, new shoes you head back to the inn for a strong drink an to consider the damage done to your fiances.

Skafia is smiling as she enters with the noon rush.
"There you Tazamir, you should see what i've got." she holds up a cloth bundle.
Out the back on the inn, She grins drawing a longsword from the bundle, it's a big sword, straight sided, triangle point an razor-sharp on both edges.
She spins the curved hand guard and disc pommel around in her hands.

"Oh that is a nice one Skafia." you comment.

"I know an it came with this belt too. " she states passing you the sword for a closer look.

The belt is fancy, a triangular silver buckle with pronged conners, file detailed straights.
A second belt hang over her left hip, holding the sword in place, the twin silver buckle plates are set with amber.
With the bronze the fittings covering the belts, you can see why she's so happy.

----------------

Jobs

A) Temple guard, a wave of regusi unrest has rocked the city of the last few days so the local priests are now hireing guards to keep there temples safe

B) Bounty hunting, the mayor has placed a large number of small bounty on the local out laws

C) A few local caravan are looking for more guards due to the risk of bandits.

D) Aquilonia is torn in a civil war, on one side is mix of lords an merchants, and on the other the it's rightful would be queen Avelot and her husband's deep pockets.

Spoiler: Tazamir Ironbjorn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skafla the Skulltaker (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 08:43:37 am »

Bump
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2021, 06:27:37 am »

B Lets go bounty hunting!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2021, 06:56:14 am »

D- Lets be special forces for queen. Perhaps she'll make us lord.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2021, 01:07:32 pm »

+1 (I believe I may have accidentally made Tazamir basically Geralt of Rivia without realizing it until now)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2021, 12:49:30 am »

+1 (I believe I may have accidentally made Tazamir basically Geralt of Rivia without realizing it until now)

Sorry for taking so long, i'm liveing in groundhog day right now, one day is like the next, Rise, Wash, Eat, Internet, Dog walk, Internet an Drink, Sleep an Repeat.
-----

"Bounty Hunting?
Well there going to be skull for Xavbris right?"

"Skafia, the Burgomaster said dead or alive, we get paid on the ones the High-reeve can pin a name too.
I won't have you killing men that we've our word too, If they give up or plead mercy... but if it's a fight , well then it you an the Burgomaster, Karl want's to the see the head as proof.

"IF they surrender there too weak for the skull wall anyway.."
"Well we have to find them first...and i have some thing that might help with that.."

------------
After checking your horses saddle and loading it down with supply's and useful items, you head out after the bandits your plan is to find them by:

1: Following a caravan, there heavy laden with good an under manned it's a matter of time until there attacked.

2: Joining the bandits, an old comrade in arms has you have been given a route in to the gang, there willing to verify for you... an split the reward.
All you have to do is get to the meeting place..

3: You have a good idea where there camp might be, the years of war mean that you can guess the where an have an idea of how toget in there fort.

4: You have an ally, you meet her in the tavern, a Crupellarii warrior.
She's a thin women but clad in a full suit of silvered mail with a grinning facemask.
The level of armour is normal of a Crupellarii , head to toe an in this case from finger to crown.
The armour makes her anonymous, at lest until you really meet her.

[/quote]

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2021, 01:13:39 am »

2. Sharing is caring.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2021, 02:36:47 am »

2. Sharing is caring.
+1 Unless it's herpes or AIDS.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2021, 01:23:57 pm »

2. Sharing is caring.
Sounds a little sketchy but...Fine +1.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2021, 10:30:55 pm »

2. Sharing is caring.
Sounds a little sketchy but...Fine +1.
Sorry for my lateness, i'm in ground hog day world here.

"So Your sure that this Róisín can just get us in?!
" - you click your fingers- like that an she'll will tell us all we need to know.
Relax old Róisín the green's eye is a good at this, Oh an don't call her green eye, she still pained on that blow....
---------------------

It's later as night falls in the wood outside of town that you wait for Róisín to meet you an smooth your entry in the gang.

The woods are slowly drained of colour and filled with the sounds of night time, the owl an moths flouter in the trees.
You smile to our self, "This is all Róisín, she's camped up, an close keeping an eye on us, waiting for darkness
If we where the guard, well you try tracking some one thru this wood in the dark?
Cows an sheep are herded thou it often, so most dogs are out, there's no clear sents an every bush is some where to hide.
An army could hide out there."

"I see what you mean, they could be anywhere an see us, here by the fire."
"Aye but you want to wait in the dark an cold?"

"Tazamir you old beer swelling skirt chasing leech!
God's it good to see you!"

She strides from the shadow covered tree line.
Róisín the green's eye is same as always, a tall woman, with her scale shirt an the same hard face.
"An you too Róisín!
You still putting fetcher's an slack-wit's in the ground quicker then whore's can breed them?!" she walks over to you at the head of a group of nerviue looking men.
"Are you still de-flowing royal courts in a single night?" she questions you with grinning smile.
"As I can recall we had help with that! You had three princes an a duke!" You pick her up an regret it, she's more "robust" then you recall and your backs not was it was.

She does a twirl, the fire makes her scale armour shine as diamonds in the night an for a moment you remember why you where once so found of her.
Róisín has proud high cheeks and strong nose, she's scared with a sword blow from left brow an down thu her eye an cheek,  an emerald sits in the hole of her ruined eye.

-------------------
Ah now what about this band of bandits, you have there number an camp right?"
"Aye an place for the both of you if you'll join up.
There's 30, maybe half of them can fight but only 3 are really warriors, another ten are helpers, good in a fight but there likely to run if they can."

"So easy times then."
"Easy!? i know  about your knee an your backs thrashed too, can you even carry two man up there now?
"three, four if there not too fat."
"I remember when you did six at a time."
"Aye an i had abs carved of marble too, i was younger man then, you where perkier an much lighter too.

The she slaps you an it stings but you asked for it really.

"So this is your band of black knife's an killer's, famed for taking caravan after caravan.
Well what do i do to you join?"

1) Fight a member.
2) Join an attack.
3) Swear a blood oath an gain there brand.

[/quote]

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2021, 01:53:27 am »

Join an attack on a caravan of baddies. Slowly we become more and more powerful... Then eventually we carve our own empire. HAHAHA. But are we bandits now, weren't we bounty hunting?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2021, 03:45:15 am »

2) Join an attack.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2021, 09:21:28 am »

Fight a Member
(We aren't cold-blooded like these bandits, let's kill em')

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2021, 10:32:53 am »

We switch sides during the attack then we get the bandits bounty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4