Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)  (Read 3100 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2021, 01:21:51 pm »

We switch sides during the attack then we get the bandits bounty.
+1
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2021, 12:57:11 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2021, 10:12:43 pm »

+1
+1

It take you a little while to join the band, your sworn in at there camp before all of the bandits, you promise to fairy share the loot an to never betray any of there identity's to the law.

As night grows long, your role in the up coming ambush is decided for you, as the new comer your welling to be lead.
There plan is simple, drop a pair of pre cut trees on the road at the fore an aft of the caravan then attack with archers from the hill above and the rest from the front an rear.
--------------

Your up early as the meet Róisín in the bush's for a quiet word about your plan.

"So there just two problems with with this plan, how do we tell the guards that where on there side an how do we stop them trying to claim the rewards?" Róisín asks
"We'll deal with that when we get there, you just stay close to Skafla an cover my back when we swap."
--------------

The sun is high in the sky behind you a you wait for the caravan, face blacked with stripes of burn cork.
"You know what to do Tazamir? you'd better remember that i have first pick of women..." the brute your come to know as Wai Paniu thrust his crotch in the air.
"Your first. *First to die*" you raise your axe as a bird cry warns you of the caravans approach.
--------------

With a cash the trees fall and bandits fall on the caravan with war cry's bellowing.
There a mob, a wild mob that rush's forwards, the plan is far out of the window an your reluctant to join them simply as "Never volunteer for anything", But you head in anyway.

It's a gorely sight, a few of the caravan guards are trying to fight back as merchants are hacked down, butchered in a wild attack.

"Wait!" you throw your arms back stopping both Róisín an Skafla in there place.
"I know that horse. but where.."
"Cruck that horse! Tazamir there cutting the merchants to pieces!" Róisín pushes past you.

As Róisín hack the flash from a bandits leg like meat from a chicken leg you follow.
With a shouts she hits you, a woman leaps at your from in side a wagon, her knife cuts a gash across your arm, in return you faint a axe blow an hit her with a solid punch, an she falls with a broken an bleeding nose.

Gritting your teeth you flex the arm, nothing damaged but it hurts still.

Then you see them, from out of a hay cart, dress head to toe in shining mail, a silvered war mask and razor like steel claws  clenched in her fists.

You remember now about the Crupellarii warrior in the tavern, now that its to late...

There fast too, wasting no time they cut open the bowels of the nearest bandit, ignore the next ones sword blow as they savaging there leg with a swipe cuts open flesh.

She turns an faces toward you...

A) Attack is the best form of defence!
B) Best we talk this  out.
C) Can you think of something?
D) Discretion is the better part of valour! run to the hills!

Spoiler: Tazamir Ironbjorn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skafla the Skulltaker (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2021, 04:36:20 am »

Let's try to talk first, and if that fails we attack.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2021, 07:41:27 am »

+1

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 11:45:46 am »

+1
+1 (WE'S THE WITCHERMEN)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2021, 01:11:06 am »

+1
+1 (WE'S THE WITCHERMEN)

You spread your arms wide caching Skafla an Róisín in there attack.
"Wait !" you shout at them, holding them back.

She look's at you as armed men emerge from barrels, hay stacks an sacks behind her.

"You on the ground! guard's man cover them" the Crupellarii barks at you.

Then then you swap sides, from behind her you see a running bandit with a spear, sharp an deadly.
You throw your axe over her shoulder and her it's crack's as it bits in the bandits skull.

She jumps wards back in the bandit, with legs tangled them both fall.
A bolt kisses you passing clean thou your left trap muscle as you throw your self behind Róisín an her mail an plate clade frame.
You quickly thank the stars that Róisín has never been a small woman, nor of slight apatites.

The bolt scatter from plated mail an well foraged Brigantine.

"Stop! Stop you fools!" the Crupellarii shouts.
She jumps up an pushes her own men a-side. "Stop! there prisoners! You seize them! You two deal with the rest!" she points at them an you.

You do not give them an problems, letting them bind you in strong rope as your taken prisoners.
That the end of the bandits ,
---------------

You spend a few days in a jail cell, just you Skafla an Róisín before you taken before the magistrate for trial.

You don't have a great story, "We where just walking by that bit of road when the caravan was attacked, so we tried to help.."
You all know that it's weak but that you have little other choice.

It's an sad show of  a trial you don't have any defence.
Then the Crupellarii she enters a plea on your behalf, she might of removed the heavy mail armour an face mask but you recognise her, she speaks in your defence, crediting you an R with both helping to fight the bandits.
It's not much but its enough, just enough to get you of most of the charges, you still have to pay a hefty blood price to the women who's nose you broke.

After a fair wack your wallet you leave the court room, much poorer too.
----------------

Jobs

A) Temple guard, a wave of  religious unrest has rocked the city over the last few week so the local priests are now hireing guards to keep there temples safe.   

B) Aquilonia is now deep in a civil war, on one side is mix of lords an merchants, and on the other the it's rightful would be queen Avelot and her husband's deep pockets.
Blood an gold flows as both sides rush to raise army's loyal only to coin..

C) Packet up your troubles in the old kit bag an head off to some where else...
There's always work for sell swords..

Spoiler: Tazamir Ironbjorn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skafla the Skulltaker (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2021, 03:06:15 am »

That could have gone better.

A Lets try to guard the temple.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2021, 10:29:34 am »

Temple guard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]