Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)  (Read 3120 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of, Kiss of the mace. (SG)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 04:34:01 am »

B) Let's help the farmer
+1
+1
If Skafla wishes to come with we can do this together, maybe her god accepts heads from other species?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 09:45:53 pm »

B) Let's help the farmer
+1
+1
If Skafla wishes to come with we can do this together, maybe her god accepts heads from other species?
+1

"A great big wolf you say? what size are we talking about?"
"He said it big as a donkey, black as night an able to carry off goat is its great fanged maw.
But that farmers for you, wolfs don't get that big really.

Does your god do them um "accept" heads from other species."

"Xavbris can not build the great skull dam without worth skulls."
"Ok but your willing to come right? You don't have some pack against harming animals?"
"Not if there such black beast as this, you know that this is not a cruel thing, it a wolf gone mad, its outside its order in Xavbris's plan."
You pack supply for trip , a canvas bag under your new brown cloak, it matches your dull burgundy jacket. 

It a good days walk to the area where the wolf has been spotted.

"Skafla? are we lost or is it just me, he said left at that tree big right." you ask her.
"an past "the big rock"... wait no look there! We're on the right track." She point to a lump of meat on a rock by the path, a lump of meat stuffed with yew berrys.
"Poison, Yep whee on the path." you nod after taking a closer look.

You reach the farm stead as dusk falls,

"Skafla let me do the talking, i'll be the demanding one, you play the quiet cynic."
"Quiet cynic?" she asks
"The Bargaining starts be we open the door, its about how we open it too." you hammer on there door, banging hard on the timbers with your hard worn an scared hands.

Slowly the door opens an you fine a spear pointed at your leg.

"Is this how you treat strangers ? with a spear at there leg?" You ask pushing the door open with a hand on axe at you hip.
"b.. buut the beast you could of been the beat." he stammers, a young man his beard half grown.
"Ha what beast is that? what is that that walk on two legs in the form of a man? do wolf-men stalk your land?
No i am a man much as you, just i'm the man you sent for."

You stand by the fire the hall as your remove your jacket and shirt, ostentatiously to dry them, but really your showing him the many scars you've hard earned in the years of war.

He looks much younger in the light, his cheek are bare an his head full of hair, the body of youth.

An to him you look must look so older almost ageless, your body covered with scars from the axe, spear, arrow an sword cross your body, cutting thru your iron gray hair that runs up your back an chest.

"So tell me Boy What beast is it that called us here?" your angry from the rude welcome.
You stroke your grey beard an wave Skafla in from the door way.

"Come lad there some great mad wolf hunting the land, the calls been sent an here we are the one to slay your beast."
You put your shirt back on as the quite a draft coming from the door.

"um yes there is a wolf an it no normal wolf it's as" he starts to explain.
"As big a bull? and black as night with eyes that burn with the fires of the inferno?" Skafla questions as she fills her role perfectly, letting her scar flash in the candle light an look much deeper an worse then it is.

"ah well its not quit that big an its not all black." he squirms little under questioning.

"The truth, lets hear there, we're not breast slayer from distant lands but out of work sell swords, blades men for hire.
An your wolf problem just a task not so heroic quest.
You don't have to sell us that the wolf is a pest lad, you don't ever really have to sell us on a reward of some hidden treasurers ether."   
"but that's true..." he butt in.
"Aye there's away's something stashed away but it' not the sword from a king of old or a magic band.. it's what coin was put aside in the good years past."

"Don't worry where her to help you." Skafla smiles at him
"you can find us some where to sleep? an breakfast too. we need to plan our work in day light..."

-----------------

At dawn you eat what passes for a breakfast, a bowl pease porridge and a pint of weak beer.

After breakfast you have to start to come up with a plan to slay the beast.

Spoiler: Tazamir Ironbjorn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skafla the Skulltaker (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 10:30:43 pm »

Hmmm....

“From an age undreamed of,”...

Is this a tale “From Another Time, Another Land”?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 10:48:02 pm »

Hmmm....

“From an age undreamed of,”...

Is this a tale “From Another Time, Another Land”?

No i just pinched a line of the Conan films intro.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 12:39:42 am »

We need to get more information about the beast, look for clues around the area perhaps? For tracks, markings, and etc.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 03:34:57 am »

That could be a werewolf or is it just the farmer?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 06:43:04 am »

We need to get more information about the beast, look for clues around the area perhaps? For tracks, markings, and etc.
+1 Gathering intel is always important before starting a mission.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2021, 04:26:43 am »

+1 Gathering intel is always important before starting a mission.

"The first thing we need it to see where the beast has struck before, talk to who ever's seen it lean really what we're dealing with here.
So do you know where we should start?" You ask the farmer.

It's a hour later and your examining a barn door, while a farmer tells you all about the attack.

It's the same tale of woe you've heard three times to day, the beast just turned up late at night an bust its way thou the door and carried off a 3 month old pig in it jaws.   
That's why your mostly ignoring the destruction an focusing on the claw marks on the door, there up at head height.

By noon, you've seen three more attacks all following the same patten of attack.

"There all the same, the claw marks and how it attacks.
That mean its predictable and no ones seen any other wolves with it, So we have a loner but a huge one at a that.
This must be the biggest wolf i've every seen, twice the size of normal ones at least."

With the high sun above, Skafla calls you over
"Tazamir! What do you make of theses tracks, just what we need."
The tracks are large and clearly a wolfs but there uneven, the rear left foot is light every time.
You follow them and some find your way towards a small cave, you can smell rotten meat from the outside..

"Well that's question of its layer solved. come on lets get back before we spook it." you and Skafla slowly walk back through the woods.

Back at the farmstead you settle on a plan of:

A) Waiting in ambush with livestock.
B) Blocking off the cave?
C) Heading in to the cave an fighting it at home.
D) other?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 04:43:31 am »

A)Lure it into a trap and surprise it

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 06:36:52 am »

+1

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2021, 08:11:53 am »

+1
+1

You wait in the crowded barn, the animals are braying an restless.

"Skafla when it comes we have to both attack, wolfs can't walk backwards, well not for far there hips get in the way."

It's a long time while you wait in the dark an then you hear the thud.
The door shakes as claws scratch at the outside an you grip your axe tighter.

With a crack the hinge tears frees an the door is ripped open and massive head appears, a wolf with vast shining fangs like daggers of moonlight in its grey fur.

It darts forwards, jaws open as it reaches for a fat pig.
You don't waste time and hit it clean in the head across the brow.

Roaring it backs away in pain as Skafla heads in with a knife.
It knocks her aside with a swipe from its huge paw as it backs in to the courtyard.

You don't wait and run straight after it, it's turning but you manage to hack a lump from its strong leg.

It howls in pain an squirms as it falls, the back legs are limp an useless.
As you approach for a killing blow it snaps at you an you jump away.

Snapping an clawing you stay back an wait, letting it tire its self-out.
With a grunt, Skafla throws a pitch fork at the beast.
As it thrashes in pain, you slip in and with both hands smash the hammer of your war hammer into the side of the great wolfs head.

Poll-axed, Skafla swiftly jumps on the back of the great beast an opens its neck.

The beast's live blood stains the court yard as hack its head free and head for your reward....

--------------

"So tell us again how you kill the giant wolf Mister Ironbjorn please.. go on please.." the gathered youth hang on your every world as you start the tale again for the third time.
"So there i was hiding as its massive paw, a paw as big as your head-- You wrap your big hand around a young girls head.

"Smashed in the door, it was a wolf so big at it eat a man whole and snap his bone like that! --you click your fingers an find your tanked empty-- Ah you lad run an get us another this one empty be quick cos we'll wait for you."

"Ah here you are!, children you all know its long past your bed times."
The gathered crowd gulps an is quiet in the hope that they don't get sent to bed before you finish the tale.

"Tazamir a moment of your time please." the head farmer calls you over to a table where the payment is set out.

"We like Skafla here too but she's well "occupied"
" "Occupied" aye when i was a younger man... well this is the payment? oh ,more of that ale an another pie.
Well thank you friends, your hospitality is beyond reproach."

-----------

It morning, your skull is ringing, the world swimming as you move an well you dare not eat for fear of every heading back up.

Fighting your hangover, you head off down the road with Skafla.
Dividing the coin and pass Skafla half a side.
Then you start to think what to buy with your share...

You have 2 coins, basically 2 items worth of money, item are anything you think need to be added to the equipment list I.E. a horse or armour

[/quote]

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2021, 01:05:57 pm »

Buy a horse for travelling, escaping, etc.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2021, 04:20:03 am »

A horse sounds like a good thing to have.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2021, 03:27:53 pm »

Get to know Skafia a bit more, Tazamir hasn't really had many friends in life most likely. Maybe the old war vet needs to open up and talk himself. Travelling companions should always know more about one another.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4