Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: SuperSaint3 - Game over! Mafia win  (Read 6064 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: SuperSaint3 - 3 players mini- Day 1
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2021, 09:10:43 pm »

So I flipped another coin and you came up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2021, 10:21:41 pm »

After a whole day of accusations, the three commanders can't come to a decision. They are summoned by the king, who demands the traitor. Hector13 says that leafsnail is the one. Leafsnail looks towards him and offers evidence that hector13 is the traitor. However, while the two are fighting, luckyowl approaches the king and tells him about coin of scumcatching, his family heirloom. The coin flips head which means leafsnail. Leafsnail is hammered. His properties are searched but no evidence of a traitor is found. The king imprisons Luckyowl in rage. Hector13, the traitor lives. Next year, elves attack the fortress, but are no match for the cage traps. :D

Leafsnail, vanilla townie was lynched.

Luckyowl, super saint was endgamed.

Hector13, mafia goon wins.

GG everyone. Thanks for playing!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2021, 10:58:29 am »

This game was cursed by yours truly. But jokes aside. Sorry for being rash at the end. I didn't want the mafia to tie the vote. So I flipped another coin and you came up.
I really don't like you taking this approach. I'd be OK if you just thought I was scummier than hector because that would mean he beat me by being more convincing. But if you put it down to a coinflip all the discussion we had feels pointless.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: SuperSaint3 - Game over! Mafia win
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2021, 01:04:32 pm »

It really comes down to a simple fact, Luckyowl: What's the point of convincing you to do anything if you won't take ownership over a decision?

Win or lose by your own merits. Not because of a coinflip. It makes playing with you unfun. So, what's the point if you aren't responsible for winning or losing?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2021, 01:07:25 pm »

Nobody cares if you are wrong. We only care that you tried. That's what matters.

You didn't try. Like... I don't know what else to say. Why do you want to play Mafia? What's the point?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2021, 01:25:52 pm »

I still can't believe we ended up with a town!LuckyOwl deciding LYLO three games in a row.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2021, 02:07:25 pm »

It really comes down to a simple fact, Luckyowl: What's the point of convincing you to do anything if you won't take ownership over a decision?
Win or lose by your own merits. Not because of a coinflip. It makes playing with you unfun. So, what's the point if you aren't responsible for winning or losing?
Here's my pseudo-analysis:

Luckyowl is genuinely voting who he thinks is scum, but then claiming it was a coinflip after for some reason.

All three lylos he's always voted who he said was more scummy beforehand.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2021, 02:08:50 pm »

This game was cursed by yours truly. But jokes aside. Sorry for being rash at the end. I didn't want the mafia to tie the vote. So I flipped another coin and you came up.
I really don't like you taking this approach. I'd be OK if you just thought I was scummier than hector because that would mean he beat me by being more convincing. But if you put it down to a coinflip all the discussion we had feels pointless.
I’ll +1 this. I considered just waiting out the game when Leafsnail made their late super post, but I wanted some agency in whether I won or lost rather than just winning by default.

You got a lot of flak for flipping a coin in the last game so I wasn’t expecting you to do it again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2021, 02:14:15 pm »

Luckyowl is genuinely voting who he thinks is scum, but then claiming it was a coinflip after for some reason.

I would not be surprised if this is the case.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2021, 02:20:40 pm »

I would not be surprised if this is the case.

WIFOM :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2021, 04:00:17 pm »

That is exactly what not taking ownership of the decision means. If you don't own the decision, right or wrong, you can't be held responsible because in the end, something else was ultimately to blame. You gotta learn to be wrong eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]