Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D3 brings LYLO  (Read 18151 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D1 has begun
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 08:27:46 am »

TOONYMAN:
@Luckyowl:
Do you think you'll slip up easily as mafia?

I will say no, since I'm not the mafia I won't scumslip as mafia. However it's possible for me to "scumslip" as town. But we'll have to wait and see how the game goes.

CAZ:
@LuckyOwl: Do you think being new encourages players to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding your actions in the game? Do you intend to use this to your advantage or not?

1. Sometimes, yes. But I think it would be entirely foolish to do so. My townie brethren should always doubt no matter how new they are.

2. There is strength in weakness. So but I won't be using that to my advantage like previous games. It's not going to work the longer I play, so I better play by the book and give you guys something note on me later.

Webadict: Do you think the Mafia will try to play more carefully this time?

Caz: How do you think the Mafia team will play throughout the course of this game?

TricMagic: Do you think town has a chance?

ToonyMan: Are planning to memehammer Wubba this game around?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:18 am »

@TricMagic:
Is selfvoting a good idea?

Yes it is, so says TricMagic. Why do you ask?
However this applies to Thinktwice, not Vengeful. So Toonyman, why are you asking right off the bat?

Caz, it depends. Are they the flagbearer or normal?

Luckyowl, yes, town does have a decent chance, so long as we either lynch mafia, or kill mafia on the venge if that happens.

Question to Luckyowl, are you more experienced than me in this format?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 09:19:59 am »

@Caz:
@Caz:
Do you think we'll lynch scum today?
Yes. Confidence is the key to victory! :D
Sure...I guess so...*holds one arm with the other*

If you got lynched today are you confident of your ability to hit mafia?
Yes.

Why not vote anybody? Early hammers would out scum so I think it's safe.

@Luckyowl:
TOONYMAN:
@Luckyowl:
Do you think you'll slip up easily as mafia?
I will say no, since I'm not the mafia I won't scumslip as mafia. However it's possible for me to "scumslip" as town. But we'll have to wait and see how the game goes.
Okay, so gonna vote someone?

ToonyMan: Are planning to memehammer Wubba this game around?
No. I might hammer someone though, we'll see.

@TricMagic:
@TricMagic:
Is selfvoting a good idea?
Yes it is, so says TricMagic. Why do you ask?
However this applies to Thinktwice, not Vengeful. So Toonyman, why are you asking right off the bat?
Is that a no then? Good.

Are you seriously asking me why I'm asking people questions? If you thought self-voting was a good idea I would bump up my mafia feelings toward you.

Anyway, I think Caz and Luckyowl are the mafia right now.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 09:33:47 am »

Didn't you literally hammer web last round?

I suppose we can go with a nice calming shade of blue for LuckyOwl[/color] due to already making excuses for scumslips he hasn't made yet.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 09:34:07 am »

*shakes fist in BBcode*

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 09:35:13 am »

Also somehow I lost my tricmagic reply. I need to stop opening dozens of tabs -.-

Caz, it depends. Are they the flagbearer or normal?

Why not just answer the question? If you bussed the flagbearer I'm pretty sure you'd be banned from future games due to not playing to your wincon. You read the role information post, right? :D

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 09:44:47 am »

ToonyMan: Do you vary your strategy as mafia?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:27 am »

Caz: How do you think the Mafia team will play throughout the course of this game?

They'll probably make some arguments against each other early game but will somehow manage to find another lynch to go for, probably on a case they didn't start themselves. So I'd watch who people pretend to dislike early game.

Busing is another strategy but I think they would only do that if the flagbearer was under lynch pressure. Certainly not this early and before all the players have even turned up yet.

How would you avoid suspicion if you were the flagbearer? Would you double down on trying to appear as a useful townie or would you try to stay below notice?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 10:26:19 am »

It also outted scum.

@ToonyMan: Mafioso. Less pressure. ...But, thinking on it a bit, Flagbearer comes with risk, and that does seem fun.

@Caz: No. Scumhunting is a Day game principle. Roles are crutches.

I'll ask questions later.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 11:23:25 am »

It also outted scum.

So? That he tried it in the first place means that he's convinced it's a viable scum tactic. Just because it didn't work last game we are convinced it won't happen here?

And how are you two convinced what the mafia will act on or not, unless you have inside information?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2021, 11:37:28 am »

@Caz: Some tactics are better than others. There were additional factors that went into its use.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 03:36:35 pm »

@Caz:
Yeah and it was really obvious I was scum. Whether I'm town or mafia doing another early game quickhammer is not something I would do this game, wouldn't you say?

And how are you two convinced what the mafia will act on or not, unless you have inside information?
I think your paranoia is unwarranted here Caz. I can't tell if you're being honest or not though.

Why Finger of Suspicion Luckyowl, but not myself and Webadict then?

@Luckyowl:
Uh, yeah?

How about this, who would you vote right now since you're afraid of voting?

Let's do some vote analysis for Day 1:

This game is statistically mafia-favored, about 66% winrate for mafia I believe. It was more like 50% last game because of Luckyowl, but that's not normal and I don't think we can say that's the case here.

Let's look at some lynch scenarios:

The Impossible Scenario:
Townie A, Townie B, Townie C lynch a Townie.
Any number of mafia could replace the townies here besides the townie being lynched.

This case is impossible unless a townie self-votes. Please don't self-vote if you're a townie, you'll most likely doom the town when it comes to the vengekill since mafia could easily slip into this vote chain.

The Second Least Likely Scenarios:
Townie, Townie, Townie lynch Mafioso or Flagbearer.
Mafia, Townie, Townie lynch Mafia.

This is what we want, but it's going to be difficult. I believe it's possible a mafia member could be on their buddy, but only early on and they would switch their vote before a hammer comes down from a second townie. It's possible that two townies manage to quickhammer a mafia member, but I don't think it'll happen...

Mafia literally can't bus unless it's the flagbearer bussing their mafioso, so keep that in mind. I don't think they'll have the guts to do it, but prove me wrong flagbearer I dare you!

Also, lynching the mafioso first will make Day 2 sort of weird, but we'll see if it happens.

The Probable Scenarios:
Mafia, Townie, Townie lynch Townie.
Townie, Mafia, Townie lynch Townie.
Townie, Townie, Mafia lynch Townie.

These are what mafia want the most. Our vengekiller will have a really hard time hitting mafia correctly.

I think a vengekiller should always aim for people that voted them because:

The Other Probable Scenarios:
Mafia, Mafia, Townie lynch a Townie.
Townie, Mafia, Mafia lynch Townie.
Mafia, Townie, Mafia lynch Townie.

I feel these cases are more likely than the previous set because it gives mafia more control over the lynch and will be easier for them to realize the lynch into existence. More than likely mafia are the ones hammering here as well. The chances are good that our vengekiller will hit mafia if they aim for someone that voted them. Does anybody think this sounds unreasonable?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2021, 04:17:31 pm »

@Caz:

@Luckyowl:
Uh, yeah?
How about this, who would you vote right now since you're afraid of voting?

I would place my vote on you ToonyMan. But I won't until I'm 100% you are scum. If I place my vote now, it would only let the scum hammer you and you'll likely vengekill me. If you flip town, and I flip town. Then it's over for townies. So I will make you blue, ToonyMan.

ToonyMan: Why do you expect me and Caz are the scum team? What have we done to be your scum candidate?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2021, 05:18:05 pm »

@Caz:
Yeah and it was really obvious I was scum. Whether I'm town or mafia doing another early game quickhammer is not something I would do this game, wouldn't you say?

I think your paranoia is unwarranted here Caz. I can't tell if you're being honest or not though.

I don't think it's weird. The evidence is that you would act in that manner, even though you claim that you wouldn't. Claims can be false (this is basically the game), actions can't.

Though tbh I don't like relying on meta from previous games, it seems a bit beyond scope to me.

Yeah and it was really obvious I was scum.

So... you have learned not to do that any more?

Why Finger of Suspicion Luckyowl, but not myself and Webadict then?

Like I said, the multiple townclaiming. "I'm not scum even if I scumtell in future". Are you guys doing that? It's excessive.

I feel these cases are more likely than the previous set because it gives mafia more control over the lynch and will be easier for them to realize the lynch into existence. More than likely mafia are the ones hammering here as well. The chances are good that our vengekiller will hit mafia if they aim for someone that voted them. Does anybody think this sounds unreasonable?

I'm just going to vengekill the person that made the least posts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2021, 05:23:36 pm »

Without any thought of who is and is not scum? I mean, that is a policy, but I'd think you would have better reads than that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20