Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: The Firmament - Great Flame War Arms Race  (Read 18577 times)

Scholar Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: The Firmament - Great Flame War Arms Race
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2022, 12:08:36 am »

Pirating Some Upgrades - Pirate.exe
After reading the description and hearing Tric's explanation of the Pirate.exe in the discord, I can't justify voting for it.
It sounds like some weird cross of a minion and a commando, a light commando/master of none. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that it is being based off a general minion-line Viri, with an increase in its intelligence and fire power, instead of being based off of a hunter-line or officer-line viri and streamlined from there. Officers, and hunters especially, already have increased intelligence based around their own personal combat performance, and stripping/streamlining those two would likely make for a better commando type of unit.
The ability to process orders better isn't a bad idea, but it seems a bit lack luster and unnecessary for the most generic unit possible. First Mates were already designed to mesh well with minions, and any other kind of unit for that matter. "designed to be easy to customize or expand on for new unit types later on". Our military doctrine is also set up so that officer-line units will always be present; The few situations where they aren't, units in those situations are either capable of autonomous action (like wako or scouts) or have been given very specific details they can follow on (like the specters, chamelee.mons, or "kill everything you see" wyrm commands).
As it stands, I am worried that the Pirate.exe will end up too dumb to make for an effective commando/officer-free unit, as it is based off of a minion rather than the more free-range officers or hunters; while also being too smart to be considered simple, thus no longer be a valid across-the-board replacement for our base minion-line. Letting it occupy a rather bizarre niche of a "slightly better minion, that doesn't replace the minion", which isn't particularly beneficial nor meshes well with our current unit roster/army doctrine. Or be just a slightly up-gunned minion that can operate slightly better if it's in the worst possible situation of being left leaderless.

I think it is fine to leave the basic minion intelligence as is, it's already mentioned for being smart for it's tier and able to handle a variety of orders. I like to treat them as nothing more than a generic tool for officers to handle and direct as needed. It is better to focus efforts on stuff that either improves that base line tool in it's core functionality of being a tool, or make something divergent and new enough to stand on it's own two feet.
That's the intention with the rifleminion at any rate. With it being an easy or very easy revision, combined with our pulse tech experience and tuning, I am hoping we are able to put as much damage as is physically possible into a baseline minion while still retaining the simple complexity. Thus, making a ranged grunt unit that is as maxed out as it can be, and never need touching up on again; unless we want a minion that covers a completely different niche than "ranged combatant". Or if the game progresses and down the line "simple" viri then are more complex than they are now.

The four things we need are a transport, Fox.Mil, an upgrade maybe to our hackers, and Arty, though the last one's need is reduced thankfully due to AHAB.
Yes, not just for water, but transports help in a variety of locations. No, we don't necessarily need that. Hacker upgrades could be nice, but we have so many other bases we need to cover that those can probably wait (plus people have thrown out some ADI upgrades that seem more fun than hacker ones). And yes, arty is sorely lacking. AHAB is still trying to do too much at once to be a reliable artillery, so I'll write up two revisions to try and fix that. Now that I know we can get two this turn.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:37:36 am by Scholar Knight »

Scholar Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2022, 12:45:42 am »

AHAB CL -Class: Viri - TL;DR: AHAB streamlined for short and medium range combat. Remove the big guns, and make the melee and maneuvering better.
The AHAB/BOAT are a marvel of Firmament hacker ingenuity and experience, but in their goals to make the ultimate unit in close, short, medium, and long range, ended up with one that is subpar in all ranges. However, their diversity acts as a great springboard to create more specialized and capable variants. After seeing the Digital Seas and our opponents specializations for such areas, these water-traversable units will hopefully even the playing field.

The AHAB CL (Short for: Anime Heavy Assault Boats, Cruiser Lady) is the short-to-medium range brawler variant of the AHAB.
As it turns out, trying to shove 12" guns on the backs of infantry takes up a lot of resources. By removing those outright, the AHAB CL has a lot less weight to worry about both physically and computationally. This frees up resources to expand the AHAB CL's melee and maneuvering subroutines: enabling it to utilize the anchor flail to it's maximum effect, reaching farther than it could had it treated it as a sword, and improve it's dodging and footwork while in the middle of combat. Combined with the speed increase it should gain from removing the big guns, this should enable the AHAB CL to act as a fast and heavy hitting brawler or skirmisher. Able to dart around on it's hover skates and threaten units with heavy hitting 4" cannons at short to medium range, and with it's anchor flail from close to short range. A bane of slow, defensive-minded units or exposed flanks; they will be perfect for delivering the first strikes on enemy island bases and clearing the way for the rest of our forces to move in and seize the burning remains. Regardless of if bridges are flooded or walls are erected.

If enough time and coffee permits, our code team will try to "pirate" the other coding team's efforts to rewire the anchor and chain into a pickaxe and heat-transfer conduit, enabling faster cycle time on the cannons and a more useful dispersal of the waste heat into a true armor-buster.

AHAB BB -Class: Viri - TL;DR: AHAB streamlined for long range artillery fire. Remove the melee combat and small guns, make the 12" guns good and improve targetting code.
The AHAB/BOAT are a marvel of Firmament hacker ingenuity and experience, but in their goals to make the ultimate unit in close, short, medium, and long range, ended up with one that is subpar in all four. However, their diversity acts as a great springboard to create more specialized and capable variants. After seeing the Digital Seas and our opponents specializations for such areas, these water-traversable units will hopefully even the playing field.

The AHAB BB (Short for Anime Heavy Assault Boats, Bombard Babes) is the long range artillery variant of the AHAB.
First off, remove the melee subroutines and the 4" cannons from the BB. If enemies are getting close enough to our artillery batteries to threaten them, then something has already gone massively wrong. Those resources shall instead be focused onto the 12" guns. Rifling will be added to the barrels, to make them actually fire straight and land hits on target; while firing solution code will be added to the AHAB to let them target stuff accurately in the first place. They will still be massively dependent on officers, or more likely captains, for orders and directions. The one big flail anchor will be replaced with two slightly smaller anchor flails, one held in each hand. Designed to be easier to throw in the ground and pull out compared to the oversized one, they should let the AHAB BB drop and raise anchor for quicker transitions from moving mode to firing mode.

The WHITE WHALE showed the effectiveness of massively sized naval cannons, and being able to bombard the enemy forces from ranges beyond reproach. The BB will aid us greatly not just in softening up islands for conquest, but in many other areas of cyberspace.

Quote from: Databox
Pirating Some Upgrades - Pirate.exe: (2) TricMagic, Piratejoe
RifleMinion.exe V2: (1) SK
AHAB/BOAT Update: Fireblade Pick-Axe: (2) TricMagic, Piratejoe
Half_Hover.exe: ()
Waterstrider.exe: ()
AHAB CL: (1) SK
AHAB BB: ()
While I would be good with both the CL and BB variants being chosen, our tentative battlefields (Bitmines, Paperwork area, City, Jungle) lean more towards closer range units than longer range units.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 02:13:09 am by Scholar Knight »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2022, 01:22:23 am »

Pirating Some Upgrades - Pirate.exe: (1) TricMagic
AHAB/BOAT Update: Fireblade Pick-Axe: (1) TricMagic
AHAB CL: (2) SK, Piratejoe
AHAB BB: (1) Piratejoe
TBH I really want to at least partially cover having some arty.

Yes, no, could be nice but we have so many other bases we need to cover that those can probably wait, and yes. AHAB is still trying to do too much at once to be particularly valid, so I'll write up two revisions to try and fix that. Now that I know we can get two this turn.
I can see why one would think as it being nice to have, but personally I see it as quite vital. Having just an overall better commander than the enemy helps. A lot. And we have discussed plans for upgrading our Hackers and ADI. As for Fox.Mil, yeah, but they'd be a huge force multiplier at this stage, and we only have 2 ADI and 3 hackers. A third that could assist in our defense would be nice. Anyway the way I view it, next turn we go for either Fox.Mil or VOLT, and then revision the rifle minions or something along those lines or the half hover. Provided of course the design goes well. 
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Scholar Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2022, 01:57:18 am »

Yes, no, could be nice but we have so many other bases we need to cover that those can probably wait, and yes. AHAB is still trying to do too much at once to be particularly valid, so I'll write up two revisions to try and fix that. Now that I know we can get two this turn.
I can see why one would think as it being nice to have, but personally I see it as quite vital. Having just an overall better commander than the enemy helps. A lot. And we have discussed plans for upgrading our Hackers and ADI. As for Fox.Mil, yeah, but they'd be a huge force multiplier at this stage, and we only have 2 ADI and 3 hackers. A third that could assist in our defense would be nice. Anyway the way I view it, next turn we go for either Fox.Mil or VOLT, and then revision the rifle minions or something along those lines or the half hover. Provided of course the design goes well.
Made a ninja response before my edit went through to clarify a bit more. Gomen nasai.

Your point on the hackers is fair. A straight up better commander is nothing to sneeze at. I just found the proposed upgrades to Vivi (gain mass/HP into a snowball of death, spawn mini-vivis on hit, absorb enemies, have a gogo gagget plot device fixer) or Ikarus (more guns. More power-ups. Completely rule the skies.) to be more entertaining and interesting than making the commanders better.

It's probably more that I am fairly neutral on Fox.mil as a whole, that I don't have much desire to go for her. Granted, they are probably the one I like the most out of the 3+ new ADI you are trying to get. And maybe a bit of personal bias of preferring Falsehood Siren for a fully dedicated back-line strategic support and caster ADI to Fox.Mil's back-line strategic support + front-line capable combatant.
And a note on your comment about defense. Even if we have a spare ADI, there is no guarantee that that ADI will be used by the defensive hacker. Unless we specifically tell said hacker to defend a specific node, and thus be allowed to choose their ADI and list of battle chips. Her background from what I skimmed makes her seem like she'd auto-defend one of the military zones, but we don't have any of those yet so it's kind of moot.

Could be tempted to go for the BB over the CL, as arty would be nice, and now that I think about it would work fairly well in the city and jungle. But the normal revision should be focused on either the rifleminion or the half-hover.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2022, 11:48:05 am »

C\:Modular-Wizard\exe.Minon.mod-<Base>
There has recently been an idea among our coders, what if instead of having to code everything together, one creates a base structure that can have code slotted in? A modular system so that libraries and weapons can be picked from a wizard. To test this, our designers went over the base minion, and stripped out all the code that lets it function, then used the info gathered from our viri developments to create a strong code.body for the minion, with links for where the weapon code and mind would go. We then created 3 Packets for them. The Carbine System makes use of our current CarbineMinion.exe rifle, including data on being able to fire a charged shot and everything else that is standard. The Rifle System is more focused on accuracy, using the old data from the RifleMinion.exe and new developments from the AHAB/BOAT to create one that can handle the loads involved. And finally a new one, the Bombard System which as the data on danger-close, which makes use of stored energy packets in a charge system setup, able to fire grenade-like bombs from their launcher. It makes full use of the same AHAB/BOAT developments, and though it can only store up to 3 shots at a time and has a delay between shots, it's a very useful addition to the squads. All of this is managed by a basic wizard for programmers to pick and choose which one to install into the base frame of the viri. Most of our work is going to go into the base frame, as once that is done we can create the Packets. It should be noted that once installed, the Viri can't really be changed as the code fully connects. But as it's a common program with a wizard, that isn't really an issue, they are meant to be simple to modify. We could theoretically take the Swordy data on our AHAB/BOAT and give it to an exe.Minion.mod with their own laser sword from our FirstMate.exe, though we also couldn't give them a gun as this wizard is only coded to install one weapon. But such would require actually breaking that data down when we have a lot more experience with ranged code, and sticking to a single one that is shared between them is a lot easier to code up in the time we have.

AHAB/BOAT Update: Fireblade Pick-Axe: ()
AQUA/ANIME/SUB: ()
AHAB CL: (3) SK, Piratejoe, TricMagic
AHAB BB: (1) Piratejoe

I'm personally more in favor of Priate.exe, if only for the whole theme. I would suggest removing the fireblade part of it and note that the coding will be more focused on flail/pickaxe use, blunt strikes with the pick-end to crush open armor and code, sweeping strikes as a flail, with the cannons being the final range option for those outside easy flail range. As is, with the long range removed, the CL doesn't need the cooling aspect, just a lot of close combat protocol.
That said, eh, not bothered if it's kept.

Also, SUB. Still funny.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 05:31:42 pm by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2022, 08:51:04 am »

RifleMinion.exe V2: (2) SK, NUKE9.13
AHAB BB: (2) Piratejoe, NUKE9.13
Rifleminions make use of our work so far to improve our basic minions' firepower, which will be beneficial everywhere.
Artillery (as provided by the AHAB BB) is an unfilled niche- the CL version improves on capabilities we already have.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2022, 09:40:00 am »

AHAB BB: (2) Piratejoe, NUKE9.13
Rifleminions make use of our work so far to improve our basic minions' firepower, which will be beneficial everywhere.
Artillery (as provided by the AHAB BB) is an unfilled niche- the CL version improves on capabilities we already have.
I'll note pirates also do that Nuke. The minion firepower.

RifleMinion.exe V2 -Class: Viri - Tags: Basic ranged, higher damage and accuracy minion
Vs.
Pirate.exe: -Class: Viri - Tags: Higher Damage, Lesser Command Stress, Semi-Automated Combat Minion

RifleMinon.exe goes for Power/accuracy with coding focused on a toggle to either do charge shots, or regular shots. But that becomes a case of micro-management, as they have no prerogative to use said charged shots or regular ones, rending them completely dependent of FirstMates and Commanders. Take out the command structure, and they're stuck on what they were set on.

Pirate.exe has the same firepower upgrade, but focuses on being able to execute commands better and having a basic tactic for when they're cut off from that command. Perhaps most importantly, they can choose if they need a charge shot to down a foe, working together to take advantage of their numbers. While they aren't smart, that one base tactic their bitbrains can handle makes them better 1 to 1 against enemy minions or when cut off, and that focus on working together lessens the amount of micromanagement needed for full efficiency, allowing for the commanding structure more time to plan things. In other words, If all parts can do their jobs, the entire system benefits. Captains are the overall commaners, sending orders to FirstMates, who then send it to Minions. RifleMinions can't adapt to complex plans, they're an accurate hammer that performs their objective as told. Pirates can adapt to orders given, and carry them out in a shifting situation to complete their objective. If facing a shield wall, you don't need to tell a Pirate they need to charge up a shot to break it open, they'll do that on their own. If facing an ADI with a lot of defense, you can expect the Pirate.exe to use charged shots when their regular shots aren't working. That bit is the one real weakness of them, that they need a bit of trial to adapt, but that's still better than the Rifleminion who can't adapt to such cause the ADI has already killed the command structure. You can expect it to then take out those stuck using charge shots before wiping up.

Calling them Commandos does such a title a disservice, they're more pirates in that they will strike where it's weak and cause mayhem in such a scenario where they are completely cut off. And it won't be sneaky, just loud. But their main draw is being able to adapt their fire choices to situations and reduce management needed to keep them on task.

Also for the Arty vs CL question, where are we fighting? Cause inside tight quarters, we probably want close quarter fighters.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 09:43:45 am by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2022, 09:48:09 am »

As SK has pointed out, minions are not supposed to be clever. They don't need to be clever. If they're cut off from our command structure, then something has gone terribly wrong, and it's unlikely that a bit of independence will let them survive.
Spending resources to develop intelligence that most of the time will be redundant- better handled by specialised officers-, and will be of limited utility when it isn't redundant, is a waste. More damage will never go amiss.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2022, 10:05:42 am »

As SK has pointed out, minions are not supposed to be clever. They don't need to be clever. If they're cut off from our command structure, then something has gone terribly wrong, and it's unlikely that a bit of independence will let them survive.
Spending resources to develop intelligence that most of the time will be redundant- better handled by specialised officers-, and will be of limited utility when it isn't redundant, is a waste. More damage will never go amiss.
... Not sure clever works either. quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
Methodical would be better. I get why people are confusing what I'm saying, but the Pirates have a tactic. They fall back on that tactic when cut off without orders. Fact is if they are cut off while under orders, it will take time for them to switch when they notice it isn't working. Pirates don't learn, or devise ideas. They apply what's in their head according to the code to the current situation.

Pirates need less oversight, has the same power as the proposed RifleMinion, and can choose to fire charged shots themselves if needed. It should also be noted, the inability to choose when to use it is the result of a below average from way back when the CarbineMinion was first created.

Teaching a minion how to properly use a charged shot? That would be a lot harder. However, the programmers didn't even try to program in cost benefit ratios for when to use the normal firing mode and when to charge, identification routines for detecting stronger foes that deserve more spike damage, or anything like that. Instead they just coded the minions to charge when they don't have anything to shoot at currently, and added a command call to let a hacker or an ADI manually order a charged shot on a target.

I just find the Riflemions too easy. With current advancements, if we improve them to be the best here, we are pretty much set on our ground troop fronts.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:12:40 am by TricMagic »

Scholar Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2022, 12:10:14 pm »

AHAB CL: (2) Piratejoe, TricMagic
AHAB BB: (3) Piratejoe, NUKE9.13, SK

Updated the Rifleminion V2 with Tric's requested charging behaviors.
Should hopefully make our basic minions just about as good as they could possibly be, and not need much if any tuning up in the future.

Changing my AHAB variant vote to the BB. CL is fun, but the BB covers our lacking artillery niche.

testmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2022, 02:34:36 pm »

AHAB CL: (3) Piratejoe, TricMagic, testmen
AHAB BB: (4) Piratejoe, NUKE9.13, SK, testmen

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2022, 07:33:53 pm »

Pirating Some Upgrades - Pirate.exe: ()
RifleMinion.exe V2: (3) SK, NUKE9.13, TricMagic
AHAB CL: (3) Piratejoe, TricMagic, testmen

Kk SK, thanks..

I'm currently more in favor of CL this turn if we are going to be contesting the jungles and tunnel areas. A merely complex viri will let us deploy more of them as vanguards. And the Cranes we fought last time are big targets.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2022, 03:50:35 am »

This is ridiculous. I'm going to move my vote just to break the tie.

RifleMinion.exe V2: (2) SK, TricMagic
AHAB CL: (4) Piratejoe, TricMagic, testmen, NUKE9.13

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2022, 08:16:56 am »

RifleMinion.exe V2: (2) SK, TricMagic
AHAB CL: (3) Piratejoe, testmen, NUKE9.13

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2022, 07:11:14 pm »

Turn 8 : Revision Phase
AHAB CL -Class: Viri - TL;DR: AHAB streamlined for short and medium range combat. Remove the big guns, and make the melee and maneuvering better.
The AHAB/BOAT are a marvel of Firmament hacker ingenuity and experience, but in their goals to make the ultimate unit in close, short, medium, and long range, ended up with one that is subpar in all ranges. However, their diversity acts as a great springboard to create more specialized and capable variants. After seeing the Digital Seas and our opponents specializations for such areas, these water-traversable units will hopefully even the playing field.

The AHAB CL (Short for: Anime Heavy Assault Boats, Cruiser Lady) is the short-to-medium range brawler variant of the AHAB.
As it turns out, trying to shove 12" guns on the backs of infantry takes up a lot of resources. By removing those outright, the AHAB CL has a lot less weight to worry about both physically and computationally. This frees up resources to expand the AHAB CL's melee and maneuvering subroutines: enabling it to utilize the anchor flail to it's maximum effect, reaching farther than it could had it treated it as a sword, and improve it's dodging and footwork while in the middle of combat. Combined with the speed increase it should gain from removing the big guns, this should enable the AHAB CL to act as a fast and heavy hitting brawler or skirmisher. Able to dart around on it's hover skates and threaten units with heavy hitting 4" cannons at short to medium range, and with it's anchor flail from close to short range. A bane of slow, defensive-minded units or exposed flanks; they will be perfect for delivering the first strikes on enemy island bases and clearing the way for the rest of our forces to move in and seize the burning remains. Regardless of if bridges are flooded or walls are erected.

If enough time and coffee permits, our code team will try to "pirate" the other coding team's efforts to rewire the anchor and chain into a pickaxe and heat-transfer conduit, enabling faster cycle time on the cannons and a more useful dispersal of the waste heat into a true armor-buster.
4 + 3 - 0 = 7 : Superior craftsmanship (Normal)

The AHAB CL is a medium to close range specialist version of the AHAB, and it is a decently well crafted one too. While as always a proper design focused team would result in a superior product then a revision, the revision team did their best and it shows. By removing the over the shoulder artillery cannons the AHAB CL is far lighter on its feet and does not need the extreme ability to withstand and dump waste heat, allowing for superior maneuverability and for coding-space to be repurposed for superior intelligence. This open brain-space is immediately used to include more advanced melee and maneuvering subroutines as requested, turning it into a passable though not expert high mobility short to short+ ranged melee fighter and allowing them to use their cannons at speed (though issues with knockback sending them skidding can only be adapted to without setting anchor).

There is some issue later on in the revision cycle when the other team is asked for the heat-pick coding and it is found that they were never actually assigned to develop, but they rise above expected performance norms and develop a basic version of it anyway, resulting in the AHAB CL's anchor flail to be charge-able into a 'heat hawk' mode, wherein it does extra damage and has superior armor piercing. However attempts to cause this effect from waste heat do not work, and indeed causing this effect causes waste heat in and of itself that must then be dumped.

It should be remembered that despite these upgrades the AHAB CL will need command supervision to function at optimal levels, which is a potential issue for aquatic combat given the lack of aquatic capable command assets.

AHAB BB -Class: Viri - TL;DR: AHAB streamlined for long range artillery fire. Remove the melee combat and small guns, make the 12" guns good and improve targetting code.
The AHAB/BOAT are a marvel of Firmament hacker ingenuity and experience, but in their goals to make the ultimate unit in close, short, medium, and long range, ended up with one that is subpar in all four. However, their diversity acts as a great springboard to create more specialized and capable variants. After seeing the Digital Seas and our opponents specializations for such areas, these water-traversable units will hopefully even the playing field.

The AHAB BB (Short for Anime Heavy Assault Boats, Bombard Babes) is the long range artillery variant of the AHAB.
First off, remove the melee subroutines and the 4" cannons from the BB. If enemies are getting close enough to our artillery batteries to threaten them, then something has already gone massively wrong. Those resources shall instead be focused onto the 12" guns. Rifling will be added to the barrels, to make them actually fire straight and land hits on target; while firing solution code will be added to the AHAB to let them target stuff accurately in the first place. They will still be massively dependent on officers, or more likely captains, for orders and directions. The one big flail anchor will be replaced with two slightly smaller anchor flails, one held in each hand. Designed to be easier to throw in the ground and pull out compared to the oversized one, they should let the AHAB BB drop and raise anchor for quicker transitions from moving mode to firing mode.

The WHITE WHALE showed the effectiveness of massively sized naval cannons, and being able to bombard the enemy forces from ranges beyond reproach. The BB will aid us greatly not just in softening up islands for conquest, but in many other areas of cyberspace.
4 + 4 - 0 = 8 : Unexpected boon(Normal)

By dedicating the AHAB BB purely to bombardment and removing anything that does not apply to bombardment duties (besides their aquatic travel ability, that is) the result is, as expected, a unit with superior bombardment abilities. Their twin over the shoulder cannons hold far superior accuracy and replacing the secondary cannons with dedicated heat sinks allow for a superior rate of fire without risking the self-destruction of the AHAB BB. Later on in the revision cycle there's some surprise when the other revision team asks if the team has successfully integrated the AHAB BB's melee tools/anchors into the heat sinks, only to find that was not actually requested in the AHAB BB's revision write up.

The team then goes on and invents that addition anyway, allowing the AHAB BB's artillery cannons to contain energy shells of even higher firepower for the same duration firing cycle.

It should be remembered, however, that the AHAB BB's bit-brain is still almost entirely un-upgraded, and the AHAB BB will require constant supervision by an officer class entity for proper deployment. Which is something of an issue for aquatic deployments due to the lack of aquatic capable command assets. As well, despite the upgraded weaponry the AHAB BB has very minimal and crude melee coding and should not be expected to win in any close ranged fight.

It is now the Deployment Phase of Turn 8. During this phase you must decide which of your hackers will be leading your attacks (you currently have two attacks), and decide what they will use their memory space to bring with them in terms of chips and champions (You currently have 12 memory).

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20