Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Sonata's Stagehands - Great Flame War Arms Race  (Read 14242 times)

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sonata's Stagehands - Great Flame War Arms Race
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2021, 08:13:26 pm »

Quote from: Motebox
Idoloid MDL 01 - Sakura.ISQ (3): DGR, Failbird, Slick

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2021, 08:21:07 pm »

Quote from: Motebox
Idoloid MDL 01 - Sakura.ISQ (4): DGR, Failbird, Slick, Emral282

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2021, 01:06:55 pm »

Turn 4 : Design Phase
Viri Design: Idoloid MDL 01 - Sakura.ISQ

This is the first in what will hopefully eventually be multiple lines of Commanding Officer programs. With a song in their soul, a rhythm to their step, and Music in their code(as in, the elemental alignment sense, though they are also made to be good singers) leading the charge while nestled in the middle of her fellow programs. Sakura class Idoloids confer a regenerative buff to any nearby friendly programs inside her Area of Effect with her singing, thus extending their lives by giving them the ability to recover damage without intervention from a chip. The Sakura class leads with upgraded tactical abilities over the base Officers, helping add some additional complexity to her fellow programs tactics.

In terms of design, the Sakura Model is a girl with straight violet hair that stretches down to her knees at the longest points. She wears a cutesy pastel pink nurses outfit with garter belts and stockings, decorated with cherry-blossom themed accessories. In addition, though it is largely for show, she carries an immense(empty) syringe nearly as large as herself. She is not completely defenseless however, as her Syringe can be used both as a stabbing implement and to fire Music Element pulse pistol shots from its tip, though her skill with these attacks is no greater than the base Officer.
4 + 3 + -2 = 5 : Average (Very Hard)

While the Sakura Model is a relatively complicated design involving advancing in several fields that the Stagehands have only made low level applications in before, as well as applying the first new elemental styling the Stagehands have used, the final program is surprisingly functional for an advanced prototype with multiple new or merged features.

The regeneration aura was one of the more difficult features requested, as the teams had done no work in this field before and only had the publicly available Recovery 10 chip to work with as a source of information. However, by combining the Recovery 10 chip and some independent studies they were able to load a weaker variant of the Recovery 10 chip's healing effect into the Sakura Model which 'pulses' the effect regularly, effecting all friendly units nearby. The key word for that is nearby however, as the effect covers around the same area that a Mobile Assault Stage takes up. It also provides only minimal healing per pulse, though pulses are usually fairly frequent.

However, even this weak healing effect takes a continual toll on the Sakura Model's processing power which has detrimental effects on her ability to devote processing power to comprehending tactical situations and making tactical choices. While the Sakura Model has a tactical library equal in variety to that of an Officer.exe's tactical library, their ability to make tactical choices is generally inferior and takes additional time unless they deactivate their healing aura to devote all their processing power to the question of command. If this is done they are generally somewhat superior to officers due to their more advanced coding, but of course the price to that is the lack of healing.

This theme of trying to do two things at once extends itself, and its issues, to the Sakura Model's combat abilities. While her attacks are successfully infused with the 'Music' element, the giant syringe is not especially refined as a weapon, especially with the need to come up with new 'spear coding' for it that also needed integrated ranged combat coding. While they are still able to fire pistol level shots from their syringe their rate of fire is around 10% slower then that of a Minion.Exe and their melee strikes are around the same amount weaker then a SwordyMinion's, as well as suffering from less advanced spear combat data libraries.

Despite these issues the Idoloid MDL 01 - Sakura.ISQ is still a viable combat program that grants noticeable new capacities to the Stagehand's lineup, and this use and the relative crudity of their programming renders them merely a Complicated program instead of a complex one and they will be deployed to supplement existing Officer programs.

It is Turn 4, in the Revision Phase. During this phase you must vote on what revision to do to your current assets.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:41:37 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2021, 04:17:35 pm »

Code Revision: Sakura Pulse Function Refinement
The Sakura Model Idoloid, despite the struggles, was a success. However, it still has critical issues all the same. Primarily, is that their healing aura effect is clunky, and relatively slapdash. Causing a significant drain on processing power that dramatically impacts their ability to act as leaders. Many solutions were suggested to this, from dividing the Sakura Model into two separate units that focus on Healing or command, to creating a smaller sub-viri that can help in devoting extra processing power to the healing effect. While the second idea is one we would like to attempt in the future, we've decided on a very simple philosophy: Keep It Simple Stupid.

The problem is that the unrefined and awkwardly put together code for the healing pulse is inefficient. Therefor, we refine the code first and foremost. Allowing us greater experience and practice not only with healing effects, but with repeated pulse functions. The code is looked over, and refined. Excess code trimmed, minor errors smoothed over, excessive scans cut down, and great attention paid to the placement of those god damned semicolons.

All in all, the end goal is to refine the healing pulse effect. Not by making it more advanced and powerful, but rather by making it simpler and more efficient. Reducing the processing power required to run the effect, without reducing the actual healing. Hopefully, to the point where the Sakura Model Idoloids can act in a leadership role at at least Officer level without needing to turn off their pulse.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2021, 05:04:56 pm »

BazookaJoe.exe
The Bazooka Joe is another variation on the humble minion, this time equipped with a missile launcher, similar to the Assault Stage, as one would expect, the missile launcher is not a very rapid firing weapon, but the Bazooka Joe is relatively cheap and plentiful, allowing either monstrous alpha strikes or a more staggered bombardment.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2021, 09:37:23 pm »

Sorry I haven’t posed here in a while, do we have to branch off of already existing things or are we able to go very different?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2021, 11:55:05 pm »

I mean, it's the revision phase. So yes, we're limited to modifying something we already have.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2021, 12:33:38 am »

Oh, whoops

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2021, 11:48:57 pm »

Quote from: Codebox
Sakura Pulse Function Refinement (1): Failbird
BazookaJoe.exe ():

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2021, 12:31:27 am »

Sakura Pulse Function Refinement (2): Failbird, Doomblade
BazookaJoe.exe ():
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2021, 10:33:07 am »

Sakura Pulse Function Refinement (3): Failbird, Doomblade, Emral282
BazookaJoe.exe ():

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2021, 01:58:45 am »

Turn 4 : Revision Phase
Code Revision: Sakura Pulse Function Refinement
The Sakura Model Idoloid, despite the struggles, was a success. However, it still has critical issues all the same. Primarily, is that their healing aura effect is clunky, and relatively slapdash. Causing a significant drain on processing power that dramatically impacts their ability to act as leaders. Many solutions were suggested to this, from dividing the Sakura Model into two separate units that focus on Healing or command, to creating a smaller sub-viri that can help in devoting extra processing power to the healing effect. While the second idea is one we would like to attempt in the future, we've decided on a very simple philosophy: Keep It Simple Stupid.

The problem is that the unrefined and awkwardly put together code for the healing pulse is inefficient. Therefor, we refine the code first and foremost. Allowing us greater experience and practice not only with healing effects, but with repeated pulse functions. The code is looked over, and refined. Excess code trimmed, minor errors smoothed over, excessive scans cut down, and great attention paid to the placement of those god damned semicolons.

All in all, the end goal is to refine the healing pulse effect. Not by making it more advanced and powerful, but rather by making it simpler and more efficient. Reducing the processing power required to run the effect, without reducing the actual healing. Hopefully, to the point where the Sakura Model Idoloids can act in a leadership role at at least Officer level without needing to turn off their pulse.
3 + 2 + 0 = 5 : Average (Normal)

Further exploration and refinement of the Sakura Model's healing pulse leads to a noticeable increase in efficiency of use through both the 'clearing up' of the base code of the function as well as increased integration of the 'Music Element' that was prototyped with the Sakura Model. While such healing pulses are no more powerful then the original versions they no longer require a majority of the unit's bit brain to manage, allowing Sakura Model Idoloids to successfully command troops while maintaining their healing abilities.

Despite this upgrade Stagehand Hackers have indicated that they will still likely use the Officer.exe codeform to continue leading a non-minimal amount of their combat assets as Officer type codeforms remain superior in personal combat ability and, more importantly, positioning and the deployment of the Sakura Model to take maximum advantage of their healing ability conflicts with the required deployment as command assets. However the Hackers are fully in approval of this development line, and believe that with further design of different Idoloid models could soon lead to the retirement of the Officer.exe codeform.

(TLDR : The hackers are finding the healing ability more useful then the command ability, so are using officers to make up for deploying a noticeable number of available the Sakura Idoloids into healing units instead of spreading them out as officers.)

It is now the Deployment Phase of Turn 4. During this phase you must decide which of your hackers will be leading your attacks (you currently have two attacks), and decide what they will use their memory space to bring with them in terms of chips and champions (You currently have 7 memory).

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2021, 12:41:08 am »

Deployment Plan: Refrain

Jorg 'Bass Line' Jorgenson
Deployment Zone: Viral Jungle
Chip Folder,
- Stunbolt [1]
- Recovery 10 [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- BlueFiend.mon [4]
- DramaticSpotlight [ 0 ]
- InvokeSoundtrack [ 0 ]

Aria
Deployment Zone: Mountain of Public Relations
Chip Folder,
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- InvokeSoundtrack [ 0 ]

Quote from: ByteBox
Refrain (1): Failbird

If people want different music for the soundtracks I can change it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:49:02 am by Failbird105 »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2021, 01:20:00 am »

Chip Folder,
- Stunbolt [1]
- Recovery 10 [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- BlueFiend.mon [4]
- InvokeSoundtrack [ 0 ]

Aria
Chip Folder,
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- InvokeSoundtrack [ 0 ]

Refrain (2): Failbird, m1895

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2021, 10:24:43 am »

Chip Folder,
- Stunbolt [1]
- Recovery 10 [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- BlueFiend.mon [4]
- InvokeSoundtrack [ 0 ]

Aria
Chip Folder,
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- Missile I [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- MinionCall A [1]
- InvokeSoundtrack [ 0 ]

Refrain (3): Failbird, m1895, Slick

Sounds good enough to me...Especially since this is the only plan so far.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14