Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: SuperSaint3 - Game over! Mafia win  (Read 5981 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: SuperSaint3 - 3 players mini- Day 1
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2021, 09:53:19 pm »

MOD: Could Luckyowl get a prod? They were active around 12 hours ago but haven’t posted anything since their last post in the game. Maybe they just forgot about us.

I usually have my tab opened to Bay12. But I'm not always on it. Basically I was "active". Now I'm here to kick some dirt and flip some coins.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2021, 09:55:25 pm »

Hector you're scum.
What makes you think this? You have not posted any thoughts regarding this before.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2021, 09:56:57 pm »

Okay, cool.

Why am I scum? This is important, particularly if you say what I think you’ll say.

Beyond that, hare you going to convince Leafsnail I’m scum? You could flip the coin on this question, and consider it as how are you going to convince Leafsnail you’re town?

Ninja’d, but meh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 09:57:58 pm »

Edit by way of post:

Beyond that, how are you going to convince Leafsnail I’m scum? You could flip the coin on this question, and consider it as how are you going to convince Leafsnail you’re town?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2021, 10:32:18 pm »

TL;dr Luckyowl needs to engage wholeheartedly with the game between now and the deadline, for everyone’s sake.

*delete a nonsense rant why Hector is scum*

Alright. Sorry for lying at the beginning, but I wanted to see what was LS's reaction. Anyways I think LS is scum. They're constant pressure on you at the very beginning is telling. Especially with this slip.
LS:

[/quote]
You on the other hand have I think demonstrated some awareness (with your initial vote and the comment about bluffing being a super saint) but have not made any attempt to explain - in fact I'd go further and say that some of your posts are potentially misleading.
[/quote]

A townie wouldn't really care about a bluffing Super saint claim. Their goal is to find the scum. As Town. It's best to work with what you have in front you. If Hector hinted to having an SS claim why not grill me over? Yes, I have read your reason why you think I'm town. But it's truly not enough. I can be lying to you maybe I want to pretend to help town? Heydude6 is a prime example of this sort of play in BYOR 15. So if you were town you would've initially "believe this."
Or maybe I want that to happen? Oowoooooooooooo

and instead focus hard on me. Of course, I didn't claim saint so you went after Hector instead of me. That's what I feel at this momento.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2021, 10:35:10 pm »

So yeah, Hector, Unvote me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2021, 11:14:43 pm »

PFP

I’m... not convinced my vote is in the wrong place yet.

What did you learn about Leafsnail’s reaction to you lying about thinking I’m scum, especially considering I reacted in pretty much identical way?

Leafsnail is correct in that I implied super-saint, but that wasn’t what they had issue with. Even if they did, it’s not really a good thing to push on since knowing which player that’s the super-saint is critical to the mafia, so the VT (which Leafsnail has pretty much claimed) overtly looking for them in the thread is less than ideal.

However, town can also win by finding the super-saint and being the first to vote them, but the (presumed) rule that ties are broken by the mafia mean that may not work so well in this game.

You’re also piggy-backing on my logic that scum can use mechanical discussion to appear town without really doing anything beneficial for town. You also used a pretty poor example of that as heydude was, I’m pretty sure, town in BYOR15.

Anyway, why do you think that town!Leafsnail would believe my “claim” of being the super-saint and thus push on you, while scum!Leafsnail would not?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2021, 04:40:27 am »

--------------------Votebox---------------------

Luckyowl (1)- Hector13

Not voting - Luckyowl, Leafsnail

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2021, 08:58:20 am »

PFP

What did you learn about Leafsnail’s reaction to you lying about thinking I’m scum, especially considering I reacted in pretty much identical way?

I got a feel on him. That was it's purpose. It's nothing major though since as you said. You guys reacted the nearly the same way. But that's honestly expected since both you are well experience and have the mind set to push me to post.

However, town can also win by finding the super-saint and being the first to vote them.

Huh? I didn't really know that. But if this is the case. Then if Town! Leafsnail is town. He's more likely trying to find the mafioso then the saint. However Mafia! LS is more likely focus on finding the town and trying to find who is the saint. So they can vote the right player. So of course LS read me as town. But wanted to extort information from you to see if you are the saint.

You’re also piggy-backing on my logic that scum can use mechanical discussion to appear town without really doing anything beneficial for town. You also used a pretty poor example of that as heydude was, I’m pretty sure, town in BYOR15.

Piggy-back?  Um. No. Hector, I won't go on a rant on how ridiculous your first sentence is. Since it really doesn't matter. But I'll continue on. Heydude6 is a perfect example. He always like to relay scenarios mechanics to everyone to seem helpful. I opened my post with relaying to you how the game works and reactive vote on you. You of course was skeptical of this. Which is the town mindset to have. But LS was too lenient. Maybe they wanted to go easy on me. But if that's the case they shouldn't I need to grilled pressure make diamonds...Or it can break.

Anyway, why do you think that town!Leafsnail would believe my “claim” of being the super-saint and thus push on you, while scum!Leafsnail would not?

No. No.no. town! LS would "believe" your claim of being SS this push it on me. To extort information to see if I'm scum. And yes, Scum! LS would want to focus hard on you for claiming you're the saint. They want to make sure to that it's safe to vote me. As I said in my post above. The fact he called your claim a bluff is just a furtive way to feel you out. You of course ignored it, but it's honestly a subconscious slip that LS might not be aware of.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2021, 11:15:41 am »

*delete a nonsense rant why Hector is scum*

Alright. Sorry for lying at the beginning, but I wanted to see what was LS's reaction. Anyways I think LS is scum. They're constant pressure on you at the very beginning is telling. Especially with this slip.
LS:

You on the other hand have I think demonstrated some awareness (with your initial vote and the comment about bluffing being a super saint) but have not made any attempt to explain - in fact I'd go further and say that some of your posts are potentially misleading.

A townie wouldn't really care about a bluffing Super saint claim. Their goal is to find the scum. As Town. It's best to work with what you have in front you. If Hector hinted to having an SS claim why not grill me over? Yes, I have read your reason why you think I'm town. But it's truly not enough. I can be lying to you maybe I want to pretend to help town? Heydude6 is a prime example of this sort of play in BYOR 15. So if you were town you would've initially "believe this."
Working out who the super-saint is and working out who the mafia is are two completely equivalent tasks for me. If I know which one of you is the super-saint I know the other one is the mafia member by process of elimination, and vice versa. When thinking about whether to vote and who to vote for over the past two days both mafia tells and SS tells were important in weighing up the decision.

I don't know what you mean by "why not grill me over". You made zero posts yesterday. I commented on the post you did make and later threatened to hammer you if you didn't come back. Meanwhile I engaged with hector because he was actually making posts.

and instead focus hard on me. Of course, I didn't claim saint so you went after Hector instead of me. That's what I feel at this momento.
I don't understand what that's supposed to mean. You made a post with no reasoning whatsoever and I responded asking you to provide reasoning. What other reaction were you expecting? How am I supposed to "focus hard" on someone who's said nothing for the entire game?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2021, 12:07:39 pm »

Annoyingly... it probably still has to be hector9. I don't really see much justification for you holding your vote on LuckyOwl so resolutely. You've reacted to my questioning well enough but I haven't really seen any curiosity from you regarding my own alignment. Annoyingly this would inevitably put LuckyOwl in the deciding seat once again.

With that said: hector, if you are actually a super-saint who's just absolutely convinced that LuckyOwl is scum then you can actually win without having to convince me that you're innocent. If you're prepared to be the one who hammers LuckyOwl (and you should be if you are the SS) then I have no reason to object to that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2021, 03:03:58 pm »

That doesn't... you think I'm scum but you're willing to lynch Luckyowl?

I'm cool putting Luckyowl in the catbird seat for the final couple of hours, sure. I feel confident enough in my read on:

Leafsnail

Also who's hector9?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2021, 05:43:24 pm »

That doesn't... you think I'm scum but you're willing to lynch Luckyowl?
If you're scum then hammering LuckyOwl will kill you. If you're not scum then hammering LuckyOwl will kill him. Either way the mafia dies, so as I said I have no reason to object to you hammering LuckyOwl.

So of course you have no option but to 180 switch to me. What reason do you have for doing so, other than that "you're mafia and have realized you can only win by lynching me with LuckyOwl"?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2021, 06:29:18 pm »

Leafsnail. that ends it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2021, 06:57:44 pm »

Mafia wins. GG.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5