Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Multiverse Crash - IC: Lands Adrift  (Read 1515 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Crash - IC: Lands Adrift
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 12:13:25 am »

Wing has an ominous feeling about the device. The whole scenario seemed rather dubious to him, and he wondered if he would be better off just having the thing melted down, or perhaps thrown off the island where it would no longer be his problem ever again...

Or maybe just turning it in to the local law enforcement or government might be better, in case the object is of actual importance and someone figures out what he did to it via scrying.

Wing takes a moment to consider how the Adjilian authorities would most likely to react to the thing based on his knowledge.

... And having a bit of spare time at the moment, Wing decides to test out something else! Wing considers the studies of one of his alternate selves by the name of Ding from Incindia in regards to Alteration Theory. Ding lacked the ability to directly use magic, but Wing was not quite so restricted. Wing picked up a piece of scrap metal and spent a bit of time attempting to put the theory into practice. He wasn't expecting much to come of these experiments, but it would be interesting to try if nothing else.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 12:25:52 am by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2021, 09:58:37 pm »

"Wow, never been called a thug before! I'm afraid I'm a few rungs lower than that."

Alice holds up her hands in the hopes of appearing non-threatening.

"But hey, if you think I look like thug material... If I bought you a few cheap drinks, would you get drunk enough to hire me on?"

Try to joke and charm my way onto this guy's good side. And if I can't get him to be my friend, see if I can get him to want to sleep with me instead.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 12:33:47 pm »

Take one or two less distinctive rangs with me.  Then, lets see if I can move off the ship onto the rest of the island without being spotted.  Stay close to the ship, but go to a nearby point.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 01:16:27 am »

Mysti puts a hand on her chin. "Hmmm, I've never heard of the Brass City before..."

She soon shrugs. "Sure, count me in! Oh, and I'm Mysti. Mysti Mikura. Nice to meet you!"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27:22 pm »

Apparently I'm some kind of god of war. For some reason I always assumed fighting off armies of pirates would be more difficult than that.

Salem readies his weapons to face the good "Sir".

"Not too late to surrender if you're feeling up to a quick trial. You'd have better luck avoiding the rope than avoiding my blade."

Assuming that the Vri doesn't have a sudden change of heart during the banter, Salem moves in with a double overhead feint. While pretending to bring both swords down on the pirate's head to get his guard up he'll drop the swords to his lower hand and the guns to the deck. His lower hand will then perform thrusting attacks toward Jeltarthi's belly.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 01:45:36 am »

Turn 3: The Best Laid Plans...

Alice
( Diplomacy: 5+1 )
Golm snorts a bit. "Think you're funny, eh. At least ye ain't full o' yesself." He looks you up and down. You think his eyes linger on your chest a bit longer than elsewhere, but you can't quite tell.
"Eh, sure, why not. Coppl'a the men jost quit. Don't expect annithin prestigious, though. You start from the bottom, like everyone else. Naw get us those drinks ye mentioned."

Salem
( Combat: 3+3v8+3 )
The bastard laughs. You start to swing your upper limbs down-
And then suddenly you're on the ground a few feet away, seeing stars, with all four hands empty - probably because you were already holding your weapons loosely. For some reason, all you can think about is how white and smooth the floor beneath you is. It doesn't seem like the deck.
"Think yer soo clever wit' all yer fancy moves, doncha scarecrow?"
You consider that this may have been a tactical blunder.

Wing
Weird shit passes through Adjilia all the time. Sure, usually it's something the inventers or mages came up with, but stranger stuff comes through, too, usually from the adventurers. The local coppers wouldn't so much as blink an eye at this thing, save for the paranoia runes, and for those, they'd probably just ask you to scratch them out; keeping it mana-deprived like it is now should be perfectly safe. That doesn't bar the possibility of the item having importance beyond its function, of course, but that's outside your knowledge of what forces may be at work.
( Magic: 7 )
You take some time working with scrap metal, changing iron to copper, turning some bronze into a liquid before hardening it again, and making a piece of steel behave like rubber. Small expenditures of magic like this are pretty easy, especially because you use several of these techniques regularly to ease repairs. However, it occurs to you: while these work just fine with the magic you're used to here, you don't actually know how well that would translate to magic in the other world. After all, there's something about magic there that keeps other-you from doing it.
Regardless, you share what you know with your alternate. Maybe it'll be helpful?

Mysti
"Excellent! Just gimme a bit longer to get more crew..."
( Crew Size/Quality: 3 )
As the hours go on, you can't help but notice that Captain Seen seems a bit frantic about getting crew members, and rather willing to take on whoever's willing to join. The reason for that becomes more apparent in the evening, when you make the way to her ship. While it's a reasonably large vessel, it's blatantly obvious that there's only barely enough crew to keep it running, maybe not even quite enough, and most of them are nursing an injury of one sort or another. Seems that however the last expedition went, it had a lot of casualties, and new people were desperately needed.
As your new captain gives you and the other new recruits a tour of the ship, it becomes similarly clear that a good chunk of them - maybe one in four - has never been on a ship before.
This will certainly be an interesting experience.

Max
( Movement: 7 )
Get off the ship? Sure, easy enough. Get onto the "island"? Real simple. Do it discreetly? Well, all those people left a while ago, and they haven't come back...
You make your way across a balcony area that's laying mostly flush with a mat of vines; it seems it was made for allowing safe disembarking at areas without constructed docks. From there, you cling carefully to the vines as you make your way to a relatively large island further up; when you reach it, it's mostly just covered in grass, though a couple of pipes stick out of the ground in a number of places for no apparent reason.
There's other linking vines attached here, one going up and inward, one off to the left that connects to that water pool island, another down and to the right obscured by a tree's canopy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:29:38 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2021, 01:53:19 am »

"Yessir."

Drinks are on me, I guess. Buy whatever's cheap, because that's what I can afford. It not as if I didn't make it clear upfront they'd be cheap drinks.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2021, 12:33:37 am »

Wing checks the current time. If it isn't too late, Wing will spend a bit of time working on the backlog of not so urgent tasks. After that, he figured that he might spend a bit of time going for a walk or lying down; depending on if it was still bright outside or not.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 03:56:52 am »

Continue on, looking for stuff I can pick up, or gather with effort.  Proceed one island along the chain.  Don't care which one.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2021, 08:35:35 pm »

Mysti looks around the ship, a little concerned seeing the injured and barely sufficient crew. She would try to get to know some of the more experienced-looking members, asking them about the previous expedition; what sort of place they went to, and what happened.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2021, 06:34:19 pm »

Salem attempts to get to his feat on the strange surface and find a weapon within arms' reach.

"Clever enough for all your friends. Think you can even fly away all by your lonesome?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 [2]