Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I haven't played the game or been to the forums in years and there's so much new  (Read 1581 times)

LadyBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Used to be LordBrassroast
    • View Profile

Apparently we have procedurally generated Frankenstein monsters now????

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And if you wait just a week or so longer a patch that (hopefully) fixes some of the major bugs with the current release will be released.

What was the last version you played?

LadyBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Used to be LordBrassroast
    • View Profile

lemme think

the last version I played regularly, the location system was brand new and multi-level trees had only been out for a little while

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You've got quite a lot of release note reading to do then... Or, alternatively, just treat it as a completely new game that has some vague similarities to what you remember. On the other hand, memory tends to get a bit fuzzy when a long time has passed.

And yes, there are Frankensteinian experiments in the game. If you need help understanding changes, feel free to ask specific questions about them (mentioning your as above baseline helps to know what your reference is).

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile

And if you wait just a week or so longer a patch that (hopefully) fixes some of the major bugs with the current release will be released.

Does this include that dang "caravans not leaving depots" glitch?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this include that dang "caravans not leaving depots" glitch?

The Mantis Changelog might be more informative of this, and other things like mood rebalances.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile

Do not forget the basics... get a safe place for your dwarfs as soon as possible.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently we have procedurally generated Frankenstein monsters now????

It is terrifying.