Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dyson Sphere Program: Factorio on a Galactic Scale. "Dark Fog" Combat Update  (Read 12428 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Combat

???

What will we be fighting? The trees? The oil nodes? The Sun itself?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Combat

???

What will we be fighting? The trees? The oil nodes? The Sun itself?
They mentioned hostile life forms at one point, so maybe the planets won't be so empty

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile

Oh boy here come the mind worms, gonna give you waking nightmares and lay eggs in your brain because you're fucking with Planet.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

The Mind Worms are the natural defenses of the living Planet--the white blood cells, if you will. In a world in which unassimilated thought represents danger, the Mind Worm seeks out concentrations of sentient mental energy and destroys them, ruthlessly and efficiently.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines escalated to a war which has decimated a million worlds. The CORE and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides, now crippled beyond repair. The remnants of their armies continue to battle on ravaged planets. Their hatred fueled by over four thousand years of total war. This is a fight to the death. For each side the only acceptable outcome is a complete elimination of the other.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

The Babylon Project was a dream, given form. Its goal: to prevent another war, by creating a place where humans and aliens can work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers.

Humans and aliens, wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal . . . all alone in the night.

It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile

but everything changed when the fire nation attacked

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Except war, war never changes..
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile

An endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and it's consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

so different and so eerily familiar

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not progressing much, but I'm definitely enjoying the grind

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huddled next to the wireless fireplace, in the cold.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

for whatever reason I'm unlocking things way before I need them or so it seems, I got this deuterium purification and other 2 tier stuff but still plenty of red stuff to research, so there seems not to be that much of a push for the next tier yet.

idk balance of various things just seems weird, I can't quite get the hang of it

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

By the looks of it you're still very early, Deuteron fuel and such is more useful later on. I typically only unlock things as I need them, I have a bunch of research still lying uncompleted and I've already built a dyson sphere.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

The copy function is sorley needed, and while a large scale copy paste might be impossible (due to the curvature of the planet) surely it couldn't be that hard for the creators to add smaller scale or more limited copying (eg. copy an entire production line as long as its parallel to the equator and thus curvature isn't an issue).

I was even ranting internally about how it would be even easier to just add the ability to properly copy a single building plus its inserters, since as it is even the trivial task of building a dozen smelters for a green conveyor belt takes 50+(!!!) fiddly clicks.
Ugh.

I was thinking that this single quality of life feature would make the game massively better on its own and make things so much less annoying.

It was at this point that a lightbulb went off in my head, and I just decided to google the issue and it turns out that feature already exists via a mod. https://dsp.thunderstore.io/package/thisisbrad/CopyInserters/
It isn't perfect (presumably due to having to work within the game rules), but its a hell of a lot better than nothing.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also check out advancedbuild (press alt, build a line of things, compatibile with copy inserters):
https://dsp.thunderstore.io/package/xiaoye97/AdvancedBuildDestruct/1.0.7/

more replicator (unlocks the replicator 10 items limit):
https://dsp.thunderstore.io/package/HarriXS/More_Replication/1.3.1/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6