Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05 Released  (Read 214804 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05 Released
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 01:02:20 pm »

Regarding this point:
   (*) Stopped corpse raising, shapeshifting and non-living non-vampire visitors

Is this supposed to apply to werebeasts as well?

(If so, it might not work correctly. I've had a tavern visitor turn into one in a test game.)
I think you meant to post this in Future of the Fortress.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 04:53:14 pm »

Regarding this point:

(If so, it might not work correctly. I've had a tavern visitor turn into one in a test game.)
I think you meant to post this in Future of the Fortress.
Generally questions and issues on the latest release are posted here in the announcements thread.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 05:33:31 pm »

Regarding this point:

I had undead visitors and werecreatures as well. And a dwarf necromancer as a citizen.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2021, 05:53:19 pm »

Team Bug Fix!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2021, 11:19:26 pm »

I mean, no, if it's broken it's not working as intended, ha ha.  That sucks.  Though migrants (and raider prisoners) were not on my radar at all here, since the issue as I understood it was more to do with tavern visitors (though certainly citizens are would have a similar problem, but you'd have some control over it.)  People with forced periodic body transformations, a corpse animation effect, or NOT_LIVING were the ones I was targeting - and that's not working somehow anyway.  The last was to catch undead lieutenants, since they don't have OPPOSED_TO_LIFE - I didn't see another way to get at them.  Not that I got at anybody apparently.  Hopefully the stress stuff is working.

Re: hunters/fisherdwarves: I didn't change anything not in the list, though needs by themselves shouldn't be a source of tantrums if the analysis people did over for the stress stuff is correct, as I recollect.  Needs are noisy but not that stressful in comparison to some of the other stuff.

I didn't address other loyalty cascades - the two saves I checked had tame megabeasts, so I moved on.  But if there's one that works without them I can circle back around whenever the next set happens.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2021, 11:20:15 pm »

Generally questions and issues on the latest release are posted here in the announcements thread.
Ah, my bad then.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 12:13:26 am »

People with forced periodic body transformations, a corpse animation effect, or NOT_LIVING were the ones I was targeting

NOT_LIVING I can see being the most problematic for modders given there may be non-biological civilized creatures afoot. How easy would it be to add an additional syndrome class for generated ressurection syndromes to the hardcode, and exclude those? Like how vampires and werebeasts have a syndrome type to look out for that prevents stacking curses.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 12:34:00 am »

People with forced periodic body transformations, a corpse animation effect, or NOT_LIVING were the ones I was targeting

NOT_LIVING I can see being the most problematic for modders given there may be non-biological civilized creatures afoot. How easy would it be to add an additional syndrome class for generated ressurection syndromes to the hardcode, and exclude those? Like how vampires and werebeasts have a syndrome type to look out for that prevents stacking curses.

this might lock out resurrected adventurers from ever showing up to a fort through the visitor method if this goes through.
though I wonder a middle ground to this if it did work would be in fort mode you can just toggle the type of magical visitors you accept, since there already a selected limits of who could show up to your locations already adding a 'No supernatural' for taverns and what not then have it be default to on so folks who want a necromancer bard to show up could just toggle it off.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 01:22:48 am »

Couldn't you just have no visitors opposed to life?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 01:42:37 am »

Undead lieutenants don't have this, and aren't supposed to visit your fortress.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2021, 03:17:13 am »

I ended up just calling them Revenants since most of the time the necromancer (either new adv mode player or NPC) will resurrect someone they actively killed and end up dying by the hand of the Revenant for the being remembers who assaulted and killed them and wanted revenge or the Revenant just wanders off to do unfinished business or pick up what they did in before dying which for some is just idle about.
the lieutenant bit seems like the necromancer had to convince the being they resurrected to join their army or something which in adventure mode seem to be only done with other adventurers for the most part until someone discovers a way to get them to talk after being resurrected.
so the idea of an Revenant showing up to a fort peacefully seems no different than an experiment showing up to a fort but I can see it being a bug if the term 'undead lieutenants' was being used since it gives off the idea of some general or military figure showing up to a tavern to relax.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2021, 05:09:07 am »

I ended up just calling them Revenants since most of the time the necromancer (either new adv mode player or NPC) will resurrect someone they actively killed and end up dying by the hand of the Revenant for the being remembers who assaulted and killed them and wanted revenge or the Revenant just wanders off to do unfinished business or pick up what they did in before dying which for some is just idle about.
the lieutenant bit seems like the necromancer had to convince the being they resurrected to join their army or something which in adventure mode seem to be only done with other adventurers for the most part until someone discovers a way to get them to talk after being resurrected.
so the idea of an Revenant showing up to a fort peacefully seems no different than an experiment showing up to a fort but I can see it being a bug if the term 'undead lieutenants' was being used since it gives off the idea of some general or military figure showing up to a tavern to relax.
Well, Toady called them undead lieutenants just 4 posts ago. So, I guess, that's what they're called. I mean, I'm sure no-one minds if you call them whatever you like.

Experiments civilize like animal people, so visit like other civilized animal people. Not really the same thing at all.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:10:43 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 05:54:40 am »

-snip mess on names for intel undead here-
Well, Toady called them undead lieutenants just 4 posts ago. So, I guess, that's what they're called. I mean, I'm sure no-one minds if you call them whatever you like.
considering that post about the undead variant I guess they are probably named that for necromancer sieges in general? Which at if that the case answers questions on the intentions and what would be considered bugs. hmm could you track undead lieutenants by the sterile token that gets applied on to them maybe also with the not_living token to avoid blocking living sterile visitors.

now to ponder about if anyone got a werebirth crash to happen to them in 47.05.

edit: ok it seems like fort members who don't have emotions will feel fondness for acquaintances when they usually feel nothing for most events including some that would give stress. so the patch to make friends with slow to love folks is working I guess.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 06:22:35 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 11:47:11 am »

To be fair, even demons and bogeymen are civilized animal people when Rumrusher gets their hands on them. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 04:22:59 pm »

47.05 is crashing on startup for me.

No errorlog, game screen immediately goes from black to gray and freezes.

EDIT: Installing the latest Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable did not solve the issue.

EDIT2: Nevermind, it seems the problem was an overzealous AVG. It really couldn't let me know it was blocking the program the first few times I ran the executable?  >:(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 04:50:46 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7