Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05 Released  (Read 8666 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05 Released
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2021, 03:20:39 pm »

One of the children was kidnapped by a snatcher. The child in question appears in the relationships list of some of the dwarves (he's listed as "dwarven prisoner"), so I can check his thoughts.

Right now he's feeling hope after being released from confinement. Not sure how long that will last when he realises he's now a guest at the dark tower...

Bug? Unfinished feature? Not sure. (Zoom takes me to the expedition leader).

(Thoughts cleared up after the season change, and the child is no longer selectable. So no problem I suppose).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:05:45 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Domaryx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2021, 01:43:57 am »

Thanks for this great collection of bug fixes!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2021, 05:29:41 pm »

It's crashing for me on startup. Ran it once or twice, genned a world, then deleted the save. Now it crashes immediately upon clicking the .exe; the window opens, but the crash happens before anything is displayed. This persisted even through a full reinstall and system restart. 47.04 still works.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2021, 06:01:34 pm »

It's crashing for me on startup. Ran it once or twice, genned a world, then deleted the save. Now it crashes immediately upon clicking the .exe; the window opens, but the crash happens before anything is displayed. This persisted even through a full reinstall and system restart. 47.04 still works.
Where are you downloading the game from?
Windows 64 bit version?

Delete and re-download from Bay12Games. (Not sure what you mean by "install", DF doesn't "install"). See if that helps.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2021, 07:03:34 pm »

Back to the subject of visitor mercs. I have now received one (amongst many questers, entertainers, scholars and prophets), so they definitely exist. It was right after a whole load of migrants were slaughtered by a bunch of bad guys hanging out outside, so possibly a result of mercs being attracted by danger. Removing bandits from worldgen doesn't seem to have made much difference.

--
Also, unrelated, but one of my resident bards is praying in the tavern. Is that new?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:06:14 pm by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]