Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05 Released  (Read 214796 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05 Released
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2021, 03:20:39 pm »

One of the children was kidnapped by a snatcher. The child in question appears in the relationships list of some of the dwarves (he's listed as "dwarven prisoner"), so I can check his thoughts.

Right now he's feeling hope after being released from confinement. Not sure how long that will last when he realises he's now a guest at the dark tower...

Bug? Unfinished feature? Not sure. (Zoom takes me to the expedition leader).

(Thoughts cleared up after the season change, and the child is no longer selectable. So no problem I suppose).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:05:45 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Domaryx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2021, 01:43:57 am »

Thanks for this great collection of bug fixes!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2021, 05:29:41 pm »

It's crashing for me on startup. Ran it once or twice, genned a world, then deleted the save. Now it crashes immediately upon clicking the .exe; the window opens, but the crash happens before anything is displayed. This persisted even through a full reinstall and system restart. 47.04 still works.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2021, 06:01:34 pm »

It's crashing for me on startup. Ran it once or twice, genned a world, then deleted the save. Now it crashes immediately upon clicking the .exe; the window opens, but the crash happens before anything is displayed. This persisted even through a full reinstall and system restart. 47.04 still works.
Where are you downloading the game from?
Windows 64 bit version?

Delete and re-download from Bay12Games. (Not sure what you mean by "install", DF doesn't "install"). See if that helps.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2021, 07:03:34 pm »

Back to the subject of visitor mercs. I have now received one (amongst many questers, entertainers, scholars and prophets), so they definitely exist. It was right after a whole load of migrants were slaughtered by a bunch of bad guys hanging out outside, so possibly a result of mercs being attracted by danger. Removing bandits from worldgen doesn't seem to have made much difference.

--
Also, unrelated, but one of my resident bards is praying in the tavern. Is that new?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:06:14 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

testaireszw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2021, 07:37:33 am »

Thank you ! This will make the forts much less vulnerable to tantrum spirale and invasion of red arrows fishing ropes ! Thanks a bunch !
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 01:33:12 am by testaireszw »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2021, 08:45:31 pm »

Did they get less common at least?

It seems to be the case, but I've only played one fort in a world with a short history and not many necromancers, so it may not have been representative.
Only one so far in three years (with a lot of other visitors). Seems more reasonable than previously. We'll see though.

Mercs seem to be still missing in action though.

Too many bugged bandits, set the percentile banditry to 0 in entity_default.txt and mercs will occupy the fortification buildings in their stead from the start of wg. when they appear coupled with that bandits can't have conquered_site units which a quick whisk in fortress mode confirms directly as well as w.g observations. Give me a shout if it is still present in 47.05 but i project there would be no change based on the outcome or patch notes.

This leads to the tithes civilizations pay to dedicating bandits to station these less than 10 people forts, to be unable to fall in wg outside of a megabeast/necro routing and vacate for other users. This is taking on board that the change from 44. where mercenaries were a spontaenous adventurer profession being tied now to the mercenary type site needs to ensure that the locality and accessibility (for them to visit your fort to offer services) is visible to players.

Conquering the site to "solve the problem" in fortress mode wont help, since they can't have a secondary use as a site (like kobold caves expanded infrastructure for living) or specific sub-let function to allow other groups friendly to your cause to enter -just somewhere to offload dwarves.
Well, we're seven years into the new embark. Playing a world with no banditry. I've had 5 mercenaries so far (and hundreds of everything else). They started turning up after the fort got a reputation for danger (migrant wave met an invading army) and I think it's that, rather than any reduction of banditry, which is the key point. Even so, 5 is pretty poor. Enough to make a merc squad, just hope no-one dies (yeah, I know I can recruit the poets in the library...)

Gonna retire this fort soon, then try a a new fort with regular amounts of banditry and see if I can coax some mercs in.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2021, 12:49:14 pm »

Hello debug-build-persons and Toady!
My current OldGenesis fort is crap, has crashed(freeze, exit to desktop) three times in a row now.
Here is the save, if you want to investigate the crashing: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15468
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:52:37 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2021, 04:26:22 pm »

Hello debug-build-persons and Toady!
My current OldGenesis fort is crap, has crashed(freeze, exit to desktop) three times in a row now.
Here is the save, if you want to investigate the crashing: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15468
Is it a copy over from 47.04 (and therefore might be already suffering save corruption) or a newly generated 47.05 world?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2021, 06:29:56 am »

Fresh .05 world, about my eighth .05 world and 24th fort. Modded raws of course, being OldGenesis mod. No DFhack.
Can anyone verify that it's a repeating crash?

Ah! Maybe Dwarf Therapist use has touched something bad. But feels more like an infinite-loop-then-exit when some person arrives to fort.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:32:11 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2021, 06:50:13 pm »

Just a heads up that I'm still getting multiple reports of the mass herbalist/animal caretaker migrations issue.
Team Bug Fix!

Fortressmaker

• Bay Watcher
  • i am fortress maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2022, 03:36:16 am »

WEITEING FORE THA NAXTE 1  :D :D :D
Hello "Your name", i cant say i heard it before, the life is, in one word, Fortresses.

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2022, 03:16:57 pm »

Bought the Steam version. Lost my first two forts to the freaking giant sparrows and giant deers. Seems like embarking in a pure wilderness is not really a good idea.
Spent a great deal of time learning the new controls. Overall, I like the steam version.

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2022, 06:48:27 am »

My third fort made in the Steam version is pretty promising, though. All essential workshops are already built and a “hall of death” filled with traps awaits possible invaders.
Too bad power outages brought by the Russian missile terror prevent me from playing the game most of the time.

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2022, 02:57:00 am »

Got 2 necromancers (including one Necromancer Clerk who now works as a bookkeeper) in the first 4 or so migration waves in my current fort, is that common?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7