Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can we mod a narcotics to relieve stress?  (Read 2470 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Can we mod a narcotics to relieve stress?
« on: February 03, 2021, 07:30:12 am »

...in a new version.

Or maybe changing religions, deities, some other things?

(In 47.04 it didn't work, so i stopped playing DF.)
Finis sanctificat media.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: Can we mod a narcotics to relieve stress?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 01:06:23 pm »

In my mod, I have been experimenting ideas with different syndrome effects with new types of drinks, since alcohal can help de-stress at times, so with newer types of drinks, it may be possible to help fight stress since the new drinks I've added have also helped against stress. Tho I am curious on what the actual calculations would exactly be in order to help balance it out without making a too overpowered syndrome. (this has been working in 47.04 btw)
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 12:41:36 am »

Alcohol already does this and you can pretty easily copy alcohol's euphoric effects and change up the other effects to have different drug effects. Any older mods should still work, too.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 01:42:33 am »

I modded my cats to spread euphoria and general stress relief in 47.04. They spread it like the plague (in the examples folder somewhere). Keeps dwarves deliriously happy until the cats are all killed.

Toned it down a lot for 47.05 as major stress doesn't really exist any more except for the very occassional self-destructive cheese maker.

Also have unicorn cheese which makes dwarves euphoric and lusty, followed by catatonic with a panic attack as they come down. Ha ha.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:44:39 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 04:02:54 am »

Also have unicorn cheese which makes dwarves euphoric and lusty, followed by catatonic with a panic attack as they come down. Ha ha.

Ha, I get that reference. Thought about making an entire mod for it but stopped once I realized I'd want to try to actually make some of the magic systems with DFHack.

...Though I have been knocking around the idea of some kind of agent sim based on it, since there's just so much shit to work with. The problem is there's so much shit to work with.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 01:53:00 pm »

...in a new version.

Or maybe changing religions, deities, some other things?

(In 47.04 it didn't work, so i stopped playing DF.)

Try 47.05 first maybe, stress got some fixes.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 08:47:57 am »

I modded my cats to spread euphoria and general stress relief in 47.04. They spread it like the plague (in the examples folder somewhere). Keeps dwarves deliriously happy until the cats are all killed.
Can i humbly ask you to share this mod with me? ;-)

Email 1@2x.vc or here.
Finis sanctificat media.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 01:31:07 pm »

Ha, I get that reference. Thought about making an entire mod for it but stopped once I realized I'd want to try to actually make some of the magic systems with DFHack.

...Though I have been knocking around the idea of some kind of agent sim based on it, ~snip~

Mmm, perhaps a ingestion only syndrome that affects the user once when its eaten? Totally in the abstract of course, because i dont know the structures that give a cheese form, or how you'd tell one apart from another. (But theoretically you still get the 10 urist's worth of food satisfaction on its own and effect of cooking it into prepared food)

Code: (hypothetical) [Select]
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_CHEESE_PIPEWEED_BROWNIES -onIngest