Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves moving items from quantum stockpile into bins  (Read 3821 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves moving items from quantum stockpile into bins
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 06:07:33 pm »

I might be completely off base, but have you tried _not_ having it take-from-links-only?  I would think just dumping stuff onto the tile wouldn't count properly, so it would still be considered "loose" and thus get jobs to properly put it away.  But I could be mis-remembering how that option works.
Dumping "properly" with a dump zone or a minecart causes items to be considered to be in the stockpile (that's how quantum stockpiling works), apart from barrels and pots, which get hauled back to the source stockpile after having been dumped (and possibly transported) by a minecart.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2021, 11:06:09 am »

You could, for testing
desactivate other stockpiles.
Make a quantum stockpile with minecart.
When half of the things is there stop it and dump the rest to an other.
Then see if both or Dfhack only stockpile will be emptied to the reactivated bin piles
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2021, 10:04:16 pm »

You shouldn't need to touch the QSP settings, as long as they are set to take from links only they can accept everything.
Your other piles for the most part shouldn't be accepting those same items, unless you specifically want them to take from the QSP (and set them to take from it).
Bins are pure evil and should be destroyed and disallowed from all piles. My guess would be place items in bins is some kind of higher priority stockpile task.

Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.
Pages: 1 [2]